Questions about Breloom

I'm currently breeding a Breloom, and was auto piloting an offensive Breloom because that's what is typical, but then I realized Technician was a hidden ability, and the abilities I will have access to aren't abilities that favor offensive play. However, Breloom is still OU so that has to mean I haven't wasted my time, but I'm still unsure about a couple of things. Does the popular Breloom set still go for offense and uses Poison Heal as a better Leftovers, or does it go full support and spam Spore and chip away slowly at things? Also, if it is used in a more supportive role, is the Shroomish I got before breeding for nature competitive or should I breed Adamant or Jolly onto it?

pAS31QA.png

F1v1KJG.png

You could go for a Bulk Up or Leech Seed set with Careful nature. Something like this:
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

With a more optimized EV spread.

Well, what I'm wondering is if that would be, like, the optimal Breloom set. Because I'm completely willing to breed Adamant or Jolly onto it if that would make the Breloom better. I was looking around on Smogon and it was saying Careful is the optimal nature for a Poison Heal Breloom, and every Technician set had Jolly or Adamant, but Smogon only helps so much since PokeMMO's meta is very different from Gen 5 OU.

19 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Sub punch with toxic heal is the alternative, generally Adamant/Jolly

Are both support and offensive Breloom viable? Also, is one more viable than the other?

Edited by Haxa
Just now, Kizhaz said:

Not sure on support, I know offensive is

Alright, thanks. I think it's safe to say I should continue breeding to get a better nature then. That was what I really wanted to know, so I don't waste a bunch of money continuing breeding if Careful is the best nature for a standard Breloom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.