[Suggestion] New Breeding Mehanic: The Nature Pill!

DemonicDax

Question

Now, I know what you're thinking: "How could we possibly make breeding any easier?" Well, I have an answer to that! I would like to propose a Nature Pill. Now, it would be too easy if we could just pick the nature we want. So, the pill once used would change the nature of your current Pokemon to one of the other 25 available Pokemon natures. HOWEVER, the system would be completely RNG based. This would not only add a bit of fun to the mix, but also cut down the cost of breeding tremendously. I would say make each pill around 10-15k. So, if you WANTED TO you could go for the Nature Pill, however; the number of pills it would take to get your preferred nature isn't guaranteed. Or you could go the more expensive route (or cheaper route, depending on RNG) by breeding a natured male the traditional way.

Another option would be to make it to where once a nature has been changed, you cannot get the last nature again. Thus making it a maximum of 24 purchases of a Nature Pill to get the correct nature. However, this would kind of take away the thrill of gambling for the correct nature (Though, it could possibly save your wallet because you won't need to buy 300+ pills to get your nature if your RNG isn't the best.)

Yet another option would be to have all natures on a predetermined and ordered list. Consuming a Nature Pill would change your Pokemon's nature to the next nature on the list. This would allow you to essentially change the set of a competitive Pokemon at any given time. Want to try out a Jolly instead of an Adamant? Just use 5 pills or so. Want to switch from a special wall to a physical wall? Just feed your Pokemon a few pills until it gets to the spot on the list that contains your preferred nature. Of course, once the end of the list has been reached it would just cycle to the beginning after the use of another pill. This opens up the door of possibilities and allows players a lot more options when making competitive sets. All you have to do is re-EV if you want to change sets.

That is my proposal for a new breeding mechanic in the Nature Pill. 
What do you guys think?

Edited by DemonicDax

3 answers to this question

I feel it will have the opposite effect tbh, Why risk a 1/25 chance with a pill when you could breed and if you're lucky enough to roll a nature during your breeding just everstone it. If you're not lucky enough making a natured 4x31 is guaranteed with not too terrible a cost.

Maybe it's just me, maybe some people would take the chance rather than guarantee it

4 hours ago, DemonicDax said:

Now, I know what you're thinking: "How could we possibly make breeding any easier?" 

Close, it's more like "Why would we possibly make breeding any easier?"

But the main point here is that this is not really a breeding mechanic at all, it's a mechanic that detracts from breeding, as you're shifting the ability to change your ability away from breeding.

It can only hurt breeding  [and the overall amount of mons sunk] as anybody choosing this option will not have traded away a set of parents for an egg (2 for 1) or sunk an everstone. 

I don't think it would be a positive outside of "making things easier" which is not something that I think needs to happen anyway - so arguably a negative.