[OU] So You Think You're Good? #2 (Sunday 25th March)

Seat Count  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many participants would you like?

• 64(with increased reward)

tumblr_obru52opAu1qfjr5zo2_r1_500.gif

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 125k Buy In | 32 Players | 6v6 OU Bracket

Date & Time

Sunday, 25th March | 4pm EDT - 8pm UTC - 9pm BST Time Zone Converter

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup". You may only enter on one account.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

OU Ban List

Spoiler

Dugtrio | Wobbuffet

Banned Moves

Spoiler

Foul Play, Synchronoise, Baton Pass

First Place Prize

*Mailed as a level 1 Beldum*

metagross.gif

GIFT Metagross

Your choice of nature, four moves, with IVs 3x31 & 3x30

&

5,000,000 Pokeyen

Second Place Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Hey all, I've been asking around about the seat counts. I'm getting mixed answers, so I've decided to make a poll. The poll results won't confirm that I use the winning answer if I happen to do more, but it may help me decide.

9 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Don't think the prize for this event is too appealing tbh, 32 man + 125k buy for a non-shiny?

Imo, the only part of this that makes the prize unappealing is the 125k buy in(although to be fair, you would never get that cash reward without it).

It's a short 32 man, that means it's less deserving of a better Pokemon prize where as say 128 man should definitely have a nice shiny in my opinion. Also this isn't to say I will continue to use non-shinies, I simply wanted to test out a genderless Pokemon like Meta and see what peoples reactions are like.

The whole of the buy in has gone into the prize pot, so if it was me personally playing, I would be fairly happy. I always try and imagine winning and thinking if I would be satisfied when releasing events, but hey, I do like to mix things up a bit to see what you all like more, so I appreciate your response.

When I'm scolling through officials I'm like:

-Shiny gift feebas dank

-Shiny karp even though doubles, dank

-Oh shit shiny Aron NU, defo gonna play this

-Shiny gift gigalith kinda meh

-Oh damn shiny Vullaby

And then I see a non-shiny meta. For a 125k buy in.

Meh isn't even what I have in mind.

I really wish those stupid officials with "gift non shiny comps" would already stop. This is plain dumb.

Shiny 6x30-31 comp- yeah, that's what a winner deserves.

Edited by RysPicz

Honestly, I too dislike non-shiny gift comps. I personally wouldn't like to win one with all the effort I put in so I don't expect everyone else to like them(although some do like them).

The difference in this one is firstly it's a Metagross, which is much more valuable as perfect than your everyday comp. I know it's a bit easier to get your genderless pokemon now, but I would still feel fairly happy with a perfect Metagross. That said, there's only a limited amount of genderless mons I can use so I'd have to change some things up. If this isn't something the people are liking, then I can simply drop it.

18 minutes ago, pachima said:

Idk, If they keep the 6x30/31 nonshiny stuff for 32 People, I might start joining these afterall. (Who even has time for 64+?)

For the shiny prize, as k9 said, 32 ppl are prolly not worth a shiny (Maybe some, but not all)

Maybe drop a bit the entry fee for those?

Hmm, if I adjusted the entry fee, it would alter the prize cash funds. Think of it like I have a 1m budget on this. To garner the rest of the 4m, I obtain it from in-game buy ins. I could even bump the buy in to say, 200k each and increase the prize to approx 7-8m(just an example). You get where I'm coming from.

11 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Hmm, if I adjusted the entry fee, it would alter the prize cash funds. Think of it like I have a 1m budget on this. To garner the rest of the 4m, I obtain it from in-game buy ins. I could even bump the buy in to say, 200k each and increase the prize to approx 7-8m(just an example). You get where I'm coming from.

Yes, I get it. But my point is: Since only 2 people are getting the rewards, are people willing to "waste" 125k of their cash for a chance of nothing? Id suggest a poll for the amount of the buy-in. Of course the lower the buy-in, the lower the prize, but pretty sure people will be happy to get 3-4m quick money for their 32 "fast" tournaments.

And since im awful at explaining my ideas, here goes an example put to an extreme. Let´s assume you are playing the lottery. Would you rather spend 10 dollars on it for the chance of receiving 50 millions, or 5 dollars for the chance of receiving 25 millions? In my opinion, the final reward is still huge, so no reason for them not to play. The drop in the buy-in means some more people will be able or willing to sign up, cuz its a slightly less risky thing to do.

Also, I see no reason to not change the buy-ins every once in a while. Maybe making different officials with different rewards?

1 hour ago, pachima said:

Yes, I get it. But my point is: Since only 2 people are getting the rewards, are people willing to "waste" 125k of their cash for a chance of nothing? Id suggest a poll for the amount of the buy-in. Of course the lower the buy-in, the lower the prize, but pretty sure people will be happy to get 3-4m quick money for their 32 "fast" tournaments.

And since im awful at explaining my ideas, here goes an example put to an extreme. Let´s assume you are playing the lottery. Would you rather spend 10 dollars on it for the chance of receiving 50 millions, or 5 dollars for the chance of receiving 25 millions? In my opinion, the final reward is still huge, so no reason for them not to play. The drop in the buy-in means some more people will be able or willing to sign up, cuz its a slightly less risky thing to do.

Also, I see no reason to not change the buy-ins every once in a while. Maybe making different officials with different rewards?

Alright, I got you. 

Thanks for the input. I’ve learnt a lot from the poll and the suggestions. I’ll take them into account.

• 2 weeks later...