Confirmation window when running away from a shiny encounter

Haxa

Question

I brought this up in channel chat and someone mentioned that they had an experience where they ran away from a shiny Pokemon in a horde by misclicking, which is something that I don't think should be possible. I also often times am on auto pilot while shiny hunting because it's so monotonous, and am worried one day I'll run away from a shiny because I've gotten in a rhythm of doing so without really paying attention. There's already other safety measures for valuable things in the game, such as using a Master Ball or breeding a shiny Pokemon with a regular one. Also, there are of course some shinies that are harder to immediately notice like Persian and Dewgong, so you could very easily realize it's shiny when it's already too late and you've ran away. You could perhaps make a slippery slope argument such as "Well, why don't they confirm literally every single attack to make sure you realize you might KO the shiny?", but if you've already noticed you're fighting a shiny odds are you're fully alert now and are already being careful, so something like that would be silly. Any other thoughts?

Edited by Haxa

9 hours ago, Riesz said:

Not to discourage the thought but is this a feature to improve the game (as Munya mentioned) ?

If this were implemented, one day, some other folks might want Shiny abra never use Teleport, etc.

Shiny are indeed valuable, if you value your own OT. Im not as active as before, but I can still tell that most shiny's prices has dropped to a level which everyone can afford.

That's different, this is to prevent things like accidents. An Abra teleporting is just an unfortunate circumstance inherent to a shiny Abra. Same goes for Safari Zone Pokemon.

Simple solution.

What I do is download the xy sprites for all the shiny pokemon and set it up as so.

So whenever the shiny rate decides to be fair, the shiny in question will appear in its xy animation form whereas the rest of the normal-mons are in their BW sprites.

That way, even if it is a hard to spot shiny like Seel or Persian, I can easily distinguish the shiny based on its animation/sprite rather than spending longer looking really close at each pokemon to see if its shiny.

P.S. The shiny will sparkle and it will say “Shiny (Pokemon)” on the wild battle screen.

Edited by BoltBlades12