Finish regions, or switch after 4 badges?

I was just curious about people's thoughts on this.  My goal is obviously to finish all the regions so I can build a strong team and start competing competitively.  I have 4 badges in Kanto now, was wondering if I should switch and use some lvl 10-20 pokemon I caught from this region to help get me through the next one and then do the same for the 3rd.  Then I can finish all the regions with a really good team made up of pokemon from all 3 regions.

OR, is it better to just do one region at a time?

My thoughts are, the team that I build in Kanto, I'm not going to want to keep forever anyway.  There are pokemon from other regions I want so switching after 4 seems advantageous. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

This all depends on your personal preference. Not all teams are going to be portable between regions if you stop halfway since the level cap changes based on your current region. On the same token though, you may be able to gain access to better areas to level up team members for later parts of regions you've yet to finish along with access to different species you can use to change up your team. I personally prefer to finish a region and then travel to the next, but again, it's all up to personal preference.

I personally would recommend finishing Unova 1st, as Max Obedience Level after 8 badges in it is 56, while in Hoenn it is 60, and for Kanto it is 62.

So you can use the same Pokemons used for E4 in Unova, for Hoenn and Kanto E4 too that way.

Max Obedience level in each region from 1st badge to after you defeat E4:

Kanto: 26/34/38/46/48/50/52/62/100
Hoenn: 24/28/32/34/38/44/48/60/100
Unova: 24/28/30/34/38/42/46/56/100 

Also, Unova offers some great spots for training your pokemon if you need to train Pokemons for the gym / rival / E4 of other regions.

In the end though, its all your preference. Just follow the way where you have the most fun :)

the way i did it was i finished kanto first then grinded a lot of money and invested into ocarina wich made my hoenn and unova story much more enjoyable since i wasn't in need to always have an hm slave on me also with some of the money i still had in extra i also made a comp poke that i used in the hoenn story and 2 comps for unova becaus why not. it's also pretty fun to beat people with underleveled pokemon.

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

the way i did it was i finished kanto first then grinded a lot of money and invested into ocarina wich made my hoenn and unova story much more enjoyable since i wasn't in need to always have an hm slave on me also with some of the money i still had in extra i also made a comp poke that i used in the hoenn story and 2 comps for unova becaus why not. it's also pretty fun to beat people with underleveled pokemon.

shh petard we r old , we don't have the lvl cap back in the day remember ?