Questions

Hey, I finally managed to sell a shiny I've been holding for long and now I have 9M, and I don't have any Unova comps, so I've been wondering...

1. Is it still worth it to breed my own comps or am I better buying someone else's?

2. Should I go for perfect comps or 2x31/4x20-25 will do the job just as well?

3. What comps should I get first? (I do OU and Ubers)

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Roundabout said:

. Is it still worth it to breed my own comps or am I better buying someone else's?

both are perfectly fine

24 minutes ago, Roundabout said:

that's personal. 2x31 3x25+, I usually do 2x31 3x27 or 29+, do the job just as good. Obviously 5x31 will be better competitively, but most of the time, you won't notice.

25 minutes ago, Roundabout said:

Sadly Ubers is something we really don't have in pokemmo, you can however still use them in doubles. I'd advice you to play whatever you feel like playing besides NU that currently is chaos.

56 minutes ago, Roundabout said:

1. Is it still worth it to breed my own comps or am I better buying someone else's?

breeding is technically cheaper, but you gotta factor in lazyness and shit. and catching the breeders/farming estones and shit.

1 hour ago, Roundabout said:

budget comps are perfectly fine. as long as you hit the right speed tiers/leftovers numbers, youre good.

1 hour ago, Roundabout said:

we dont really have ubers, so ou i guess.  id suggest building a team or 2 and then breeding/buying those as opposed to just breeding/buying a bunch of random mons.

48 minutes ago, Mitch730 said:

Seems like we won't have a pillow to change pokemon's ability to the hidden one.. So I'd say don't breed pokemons like mamoswine who are supposed to be played with hidden ability

This doens't mean you should not breed them. This has nothing to do with breeding or not. This means, some comps will become obsolete and breeding fodder, but until then, and even after, they're still usable.

14 hours ago, Mitch730 said:

Seems like we won't have a pillow to change pokemon's ability to the hidden one.. So I'd say don't breed pokemons like mamoswine who are supposed to be played with hidden ability

I'm not sure (and please correct if I'm wrong)... but passing hidden abilities (in the single player games) was up to the female breeder (or male only if breeding with ditto)... what you can try to make is a MALE COMP with the NATURE you want and 4 of the important IV's ... when the HA update hits, all you going to need is a Female with the HA and the 5 IV's that you desire ...

But depending on how they implementent HA, you will need another 4 desired IV's to make a 5 IV MALE breeder and with that breed with a Female Natured 4 desired IV from the species that you want.

I don't know if it's clear what I meant but that's what I'm breeding for atm

4 hours ago, vitormurucci said:

I'm not sure (and please correct if I'm wrong)... but passing hidden abilities (in the single player games) was up to the female breeder (or male only if breeding with ditto)... what you can try to make is a MALE COMP with the NATURE you want and 4 of the important IV's ... when the HA update hits, all you going to need is a Female with the HA and the 5 IV's that you desire ...

as far as I remember it will be easier to pass HA because there was a huge discussion and shitstorm after ppl realized they will need to rebreed all* their comps.

Kyu commented they have no ETA nor concrete idea how they will resolved HA passing and problem is not with rebreeding but with breeding itself and they will need to do something with it (genderless breeding and no waiting for eggs).

But I dont remember when this discussion was so i can't quote anything.