No newly implemented abilities/items this update?

Is it just undocumented or was it just not part of the update?

If not, i'm a tad surprised, i'm guessing whoever is in charge of coding them was forced to work on something else then?

Tad sad to see that though if it's the case.

Edited by Matoka
5 minutes ago, suigin said:

Let's say that due to an incident, account security skyrocketed to be the number 1 priority while abilities and items became second in the list. So yeah the people in charge of the code were busy working on other issues.

huh.

22 minutes ago, suigin said:

Let's say that due to an incident, account security skyrocketed to be the number 1 priority

Eh not really, the "authenticator" they implemented works on the basis that your email account is secure. However, for many instances of people who got riga'd they had access to the email account to begin with.

What they "developed" in regards to security can't really account for the lack of content, but I would understand if it sort of pushed the update before they planned to release it originally.

Edited by axx
1 hour ago, suigin said:

Let's say that due to an incident, account security skyrocketed to be the number 1 priority while abilities and items became second in the list. So yeah the people in charge of the code were busy working on other issues.

wait wait wait so does that mean that "someone" managed to get their hand on the account of many people with a large scale scamming?

21 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

wait wait wait so does that mean that "someone" managed to get their hand on the account of many people with a large scale scamming?

No.

As far as I know they were using credentials already floating around in the internet from previous data breaches to other websites (ie serebii, smogon) to gain access to pokemmo forums/game.

Here the problem is that many many people uses the same email/password for many different platforms.

There are new items available,

3 New Vanity Items: Sailor Cap, Sailor Uniform, & Tracksuit.

Mysterious Gems are available which can be used to further generate any type specific gem.

Also, you can now farm & get Tradeable Plume and Cover Fossils through Phenomena which occur inside Caves, which makes 558 / 558 Caught OT Pokedex finally possible.

5 minutes ago, axx said:

No.

As far as I know they were using credentials already floating around in the internet from previous data breaches to other websites (ie serebii, smogon) to gain access to pokemmo forums/game.

Here the problem is that many many people uses the same email/password for many different platforms.

if the problem is that many people use the same email and password why do the dev need to do something about it?

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if the problem is that many people use the same email and password why do the dev need to do something about it?

To save face?

Idk, they never really cared about security.

7 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i mean it's not really an issue on their side if it comes from people using the same password on too many places so i don't see why they would need to save the face in any way

If people is telling me that they are being hacked, as a service provider, I can't really tell them to f*ck off and to get their sh*t together (which I want to do). I ought to make sure that my platform is fool proof, which is difficult. 2FA with phone verification is a nice way to prevent credentials-reuse attacks. If I want to tell them "look I'm doing something, stop blaming me", implementing some authenticator is the very  least I'll do.

Edited by axx
11 minutes ago, axx said:

If people is telling me that they are being hacked, as a service provider, I can't really tell them to f*ck off and to get their sh*t together (which I want to do). I ought to make sure that my platform is fool proof, which is difficult. 2FA with phone verification is a nice way to prevent credentials-reuse attacks. If I want to tell them "look I'm doing something, stop blaming me", implementing some authenticator is the very  least I'll do.

i guess that make sort of sense even tho most case of "hacking" is only due to people being irresponsable with their password rather than a serious issue. 

side thing: if anyone is aware of the rigamorty case i would be interested to know since i heard many rumor, it would be nice to learn the truth. might be better to do in private tho

second side thing: i feel like we are driving this thread off topic a bit but there wasn't much room for discussion to start with.

• Kizhaz locked this topic