Make NPC rebattle great again!

IDKPRO

Question

I know gym rematch and E4 rerun are  one of the best modes of making money(other than selling shit on gtl). Economy really suck very much now. So, I would like to request for an increase payout for trainers. Even if not to its original,  4-6k would be good enough. 

Edited by IDKPRO

16 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, IDKPRO said:

I know gym rematch and E4 rerun are  one of the best modes of making money(other than selling shit on gtl). Economy really suck very much now. So, I would like to request for an increase payout for trainers. Even if not to its original,  4-6k would be good enough. 

well i want too but they already added more trainers
so reduce the payment is a right move of them to do

44 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Quests would be better, since it's /supposed/ to be an MMO afterall

Quests are not relevant to this suggestion. Try to stay on topic if you're going to comment. 

NPC payouts are really low and even with 3 regions worth of NPCs, the reward is not worth the time it takes. I would rather have it like this though, compared to before the Unova update where I would make around 800k per day from NPCs alone. It was unbalanced compared to other methods and I had no reason to try anything different. 

NPC Rebattling is not meant to be the best way to make money since the devs have to make sure to manage inflation and other economic MMO factors.

That said, alternative custom content like quests may be nice but also would take a bit too long to code (several months of implementation and testing).

The following guides are outdated, but the point is to do multiple activities to make money, not just one activity:
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/61782-in-depth-money-making-guide-multiple-methods

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/69442-money-guide-npc-rematch-payouts

-NPC Rematches
-Gym Battle Rematches

-Elite 4 Rematches

-Berry Farming/Crafting

-Pokemon Hunting & Selling via GTL/Trade

-Shiny Hunting

If we get an idea of what the current Java-based architecture can support and an idea of the budget to work with, then we can talk about implementing a lot more custom content.

Edited by Daedalus007
1 hour ago, Daedalus007 said:

NPC Rebattling is not meant to be the best way to make money since the devs have to make sure to manage inflation and other economic MMO factors.

That said, alternative custom content like quests may be nice but also would take a bit too long to code (several months of implementation and testing).

The following guides are outdated, but the point is to do multiple activities to make money, not just one activity:
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/61782-in-depth-money-making-guide-multiple-methods

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/69442-money-guide-npc-rematch-payouts

-NPC Rematches
-Gym Battle Rematches

-Elite 4 Rematches

-Berry Farming/Crafting

-Shiny Hunting

If we get an idea of what the current Java-based architecture can support and an idea of the budget to work with, then we can talk about implementing a lot more custom content.

You can't really use the last 3, cause they don't generate new pokedollars. 

15 minutes ago, Kite said:

You can't really use the last 3, cause they don't generate new pokedollars. 

Not. Immediate money. U sell them for money and u get money.. Probably the best way to make money

2 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

Not. Immediate money. U sell them for money and u get money.. Probably the best way to make money

He reffers to generated money. So money created by game to pay you for whatever you have done. Trading with other players does not increase/decrease amount of money in the game.

They already raised payouts on trainers.  Players are recommended to not rely solely on NPC payouts to fund their expenditures.

AKA: Do other stuff other than only battling NPCs for money.  I've listed a few in my previous post:

4 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

-NPC Rematches
-Gym Battle Rematches

-Elite 4 Rematches

-Berry Farming/Crafting

Edited by Daedalus007
15 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

On my Mayor YouTube channel, I have plans for an upcoming video about some money making methods on PokeMMO. I am going to address your concern, there is a chain or a method to build income and then to either buy or breed resources to get to the top. Here is the basic chain:

Start off point -> Battle NPCs to earn money (save that money and start building up resources [pokemon]) -> Level up those pokemon to level 100 -> Start doing Gym Runs and Morimoto visits.

You can go even further......

Gym Battles (save money and build resources) -> Get more resources and level them to 100 -> Use those resources for the Elite Four

Think of this like a chain, you may not earn a lot of money with NPCs, but save up and you can make more in the coming future.

1 minute ago, hihats said:

Also e4 is a money sink. I'm losing money doing E4.

Would be nice to have a higher payout on trainers to fund my E4 attempts lol.

Yes, but the E4 also gives out Battle Points. I know that we could be doing PvP, but the E4 is the computer alternative to battling well skilled competitive players on PvP.

In every MMO ever, the best and fastest way to make money is to use the trading economy and play the market.  Farm rare items/pets (or Pokemon in this case) and figure out what sells for what price and adjust as needed.  It isn't supposed to be easy but challenging and rewarding for those who know how to do it properly.

If the MMO has a central auction house then that makes playing the market that much easier, otherwise player to player trade avoids fees and provides a more personal touch.  Digital Extremes (WarFrame devs) have been so stubborn to not implement a central auction house that players have to use web-based alternatives like the 'WarFrame Market' (https://warframe.market) to make sure that trading is not just an endless stream of WTB/WTS/WTT spam in the Trade channel by bots/macros.

Considering PokeMMO has a Global Trade Link implemented and working well, that's a huge boon for those with a bit of cash to play the market and grow their coffers.

Edited by Daedalus007
1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

On my Mayor YouTube channel, I have plans for an upcoming video about some money making methods on PokeMMO. I am going to address your concern, there is a chain or a method to build income and then to either buy or breed resources to get to the top. Here is the basic chain:

Start off point -> Battle NPCs to earn money (save that money and start building up resources [pokemon]) -> Level up those pokemon to level 100 -> Start doing Gym Runs and Morimoto visits.

You can go even further......

Gym Battles (save money and build resources) -> Get more resources and level them to 100 -> Use those resources for the Elite Four

Think of this like a chain, you may not earn a lot of money with NPCs, but save up and you can make more in the coming future.

Yes, but the E4 also gives out Battle Points. I know that we could be doing PvP, but the E4 is the computer alternative to battling well skilled competitive players on PvP.

That's a great video idea.

Also, if you could film yourself going through lvl 100 E4 that would really be helpful