Seasonal Masters Tournament

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

It would only be the Grand Final though.

Qualifiers should be held using the Tournament System.

i mean, why not have the qualifiers there too? it makes things alot more interesting, and ofc, this is a seasonal event, which i think would make this event a even more hyped thing if its in silph

2 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

i mean, why not have the qualifiers there too? it makes things alot more interesting, and ofc, this is a seasonal event, which i think would make this event a even more hyped thing if its in silph

Because the qualifier participation fee of 25k requires the automated system.

Also getting refs for an event every week might be problematic with relatively low staff members now as opposed to some years ago.

It's just more convenient to hold those on the system honestly.

31 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i like it but i dislike the crown theme. just let darkshade go nuts and make a ton of vanitys and let the victor choose one of them to have, and tradable would be nice

Tradable would defeat the purpose for having a unique vanity as tournament reward.

The prize money is high enough already to obtain value from the victory.

Crowns were just an idea, but since there are no crowns in game at the moment I think it would fit.

What alternative vanity do you have in mind?

Edited by Tyrone

listen i would keep it and never trade it if i won the vanity prize, but thats my choice. if you take away their choice you are making it for them. 

5 hours ago, Munya said:

You aren't taking it away if the option was never there

yes you are. think about it for like 5 minutes pls.

5 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Crowns were just an idea, but since there are no crowns in game at the moment I think it would fit.

What alternative vanity do you have in mind?

let ds go nuts, make a ton of cool looking shit and let staff vote on the best ones. different strokes for different folks and all not everyone has the same taste. wouldnt you hate to win a masters then get a vanity you dislike? and the ones that arent used for this can be limited edition vanitys down the road or next season.

9 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

let ds go nuts, make a ton of cool looking shit and let staff vote on the best ones. different strokes for different folks and all not everyone has the same taste. wouldnt you hate to win a masters then get a vanity you dislike? and the ones that arent used for this can be limited edition vanitys down the road or next season.

There would be no theme to letting a winner choose from a giant pool of vanities. Summer series winner could pick a wizard robe or whatever and autumn winner a kecleon hat...

A themed crown would be a status symbol, everyone would recognize it, the wearer would have the largest e-peen of them all.

I agree that the winner should believe the vanity he will be rewarded is awesome, but by limiting it to crowns, I am sure that Darkshade could focus more on the quality of those, given the time he could spend on reaching the same quality of 30 random vanities.

6 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Perhaps the qualifiers could have crown rewards too, but much more dull ones, then the winner's crown could be much more colourful and have more details.

Great idea actually.

Edited by Tyrone
29 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

IMO tournaments like this need to have an OP shiny prize, otherwise we would never see them. Disappointed the community is settling for vanity items. 

We could have seasonals with OP prizes along with this. This wouldn't soak up a spot for one of our usual seasonals.

As far as I'm aware, the only reason seasonals are not so common is because we need cooldowns on the OP prizes, but since this is mainly cash prize which is funded from the contestants, I see no problem with it.

@Tyrone, your suggestion is a great way to make people in competitive circles motivated. They want to get the crown, but only one person can have it. Its also an excellent money sink, people throwing money at their dreams. They want the crown, then they will need the money and the determination to get there. Tyrone, why not be a TV executive? This concept reminds me of contest shows where you have to pay the producers in order to get in and then you have to do the work to get to the top.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.