[COMPLETED] PokeMMO Community Survey 27-Feb-2018 Update

UPDATE:  Survey was closed as of 19-March-2018 and results are posted here.  Archive is here.

I've created a (short) survey here for the recent PokeMMO update that occurred on 27-Feb-2018.
Please feel free to share with your friends and guildies!

Full Link to Survey
Shortlink (no analytics)

I plan to present the results to the PokeMMO Staff once the time limit has been reached.

All responses are anonymous in order to protect against retaliation by Staff or otherwise.

Be decent and your constructive criticism will be far more likely to be received.

Edited by Daedalus007
for paranoid cupcakes, full link included!
1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

You can track information with goo.gl.

Your baseless accusations are both unnecessary and wrong.

The short-URL done through the Google Forms interface doesn't present any analytics or other info to myself or anyone else.

I only see the actual survey responses submitted through the forms and nothing else.

This is an example of the 'analytics' that can be done with goo.gl shortlinks to other stuff that doesn't involve Google Forms.
https://thenextweb.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/11/Picture-436.png

There are browser extensions available for those who are privacy-conscious about any sort of tracking on the internet.

And of course, always the choice to decline to participate in the survey if one feels too paranoid to do so.

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

So I'm actually right

You don't seem to understand what was said.  Try reading it again.

GOOGLE FORMS (which the survey uses) DOES NOT DO ANY KIND OF ANALYTICAL TRACKING.  IT DOES NOT HAVE THAT CAPABILITY THROUGH THE INTERFACE OR OTHERWISE.
If you aren't able or willing to provide some proof of your accusations then kindly fuck off.  Seriously.  Go play the game already.

4 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

I've created a (short) survey here for the recent PokeMMO update that occurred on 27-Feb-2018.
Please feel free to share with your friends and guildies!

Standard full link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7W4cTN4j5LrauZFUJJafVyDlJs_RjpoOQ9JS38heuV1DuZA/viewform

Shortlink (no analytics):

https://goo.gl/forms/iJOxpjOvqfKYZd2B2

I plan to present the results to the PokeMMO Staff once the time limit has been reached.

All responses are anonymous in order to protect against retaliation by Staff or otherwise.

Be decent and your constructive criticism will be far more likely to be received.

Good evening sir, I have a suggestion. When you create a topic, you can do a "Poll" option and you can make people anonymous. I am not going to click on your links because I am concerned for my cyber safety.

On 3/4/2018 at 2:08 AM, Bestfriends said:

Good evening sir, I have a suggestion. When you create a topic, you can do a "Poll" option and you can make people anonymous. I am not going to click on your links because I am concerned for my cyber safety.

Your suggestion is discarded.  I'm not here to only get responses from those with a Forum account.  I want responses from as many PokeMMO players as possible, especially the ones who don't visit the forums, don't speak English, or otherwise don't care to make a forum account.

The 'poll' method excludes them from voting if they don't login with a forum account.  I checked.  If you dislike Google Forms then it is your choice to decline to participate.  Join the others in crafting some tinfoil hats as well ;)

If you actually cared about 'cyber safety' then you'd be patching your computer against Meltdown/Spectre already.  You'd probably also just use a Linux-based OS and run this game in a sandboxed virtual machine on your computer.  Perhaps if you wish to stay on Windows you'd use something like Sandboxie as a program to make sure things that malware doesn't sneak by through innocuous channels.

But sure, be very very afraid of a Google Forms link.  :P

As evidenced by the responses I've already received, there's a major difference between what the vocal-minority cupcakes on the forum here want to spew and what actual in-game players feel about the game and the recent update.  I care far more for the latter than the former.

Edited by Daedalus007
30 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

As evidenced by the responses I've already received, there's a major difference between what the vocal-minority dorkos on the forum here want to spew and what actual in-game players feel about the game and the recent update.  I care far more for the latter than the former.

So, I’d like to respond as a player and not as a staff member here (so consider this response as if I had no staff tag/knowledge):

To be fair, though, a lot of people are not going to respond honestly. Nearly every single poll ever taken here at PokeMMO has been drastically skewed by “trolls” (for lack of a better term). Given that, and the circumstances surrounding this poll, you’d be hard-pressed to actually say you have confidence in the results.

You really can’t gain much insight, if any at all, from this poll; without even needing to see results.

What’s far more useful are in-game statistics (i.e. player counts at certain times of day, average player login period, etc.). If those drop in a significant way, then it’s likely that the devs dun goofed; and the same goes for the opposite.

I do appreciate the effort, but I personally don’t see the value in this.

3 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

I'm not here to only get responses from those with a Forum account.  I want responses from as many PokeMMO players as possible, especially the ones who don't visit the forums

so you decided to make a forum post about a survey for the people who dont visit the forums. good luck mate

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Malorne
1 hour ago, Malorne said:

so you decided to make a forum post about a survey for the people who dont visit the forums. good luck mate

Hide contents

and there is another problem besides that xD
you can submit multiple votes and therefore change the whole thing to your "favor" 

3 hours ago, Malorne said:

Reveal hidden contents

no dorko, it will work because I'm daedalus, a very smart boy.

6 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

You'd probably also just use a Linux-based OS and run this game in a sandboxed virtual machine on your computer.

I like how you believe linux is of any help for a common user, like you or most here.

6 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

As evidenced by the responses I've already received, there's a major difference between what the vocal-minority dorkos

I went in, answered you 12 times to the answer you wanted, just so you could be happy.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:05 AM, Gilan said:

So, I’d like to respond as a player and not as a staff member here (so consider this response as if I had no staff tag/knowledge):

To be fair, though, a lot of people are not going to respond honestly. Nearly every single poll ever taken here at PokeMMO has been drastically skewed by “trolls” (for lack of a better term). Given that, and the circumstances surrounding this poll, you’d be hard-pressed to actually say you have confidence in the results.

You really can’t gain much insight, if any at all, from this poll; without even needing to see results.

What’s far more useful are in-game statistics (i.e. player counts at certain times of day, average player login period, etc.). If those drop in a significant way, then it’s likely that the devs dun goofed; and the same goes for the opposite.

I do appreciate the effort, but I personally don’t see the value in this.

Luckily, Google Forms has an option to enable passive browser 'fingerprinting' to track duplicate IPs, browser versions, and other points in order to determine duplicate/spam respones.  Those responses are flagged in the results and I have the option of excluding or including them in the summary.  I don't see any of the actual fingerprinting data as all that is done by Google on their end.  They are Google and already track all the things on nearly every website ever.  :P

Again, those who are privacy-conscious can decline to participate or utilize a VPN or other methods to mitigate their exposure to perceived fingerprinting issues.  Be sure to do that for every other website you visit on the internet ;)

I put some examples in the reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemmo/comments/81z774/pokemmo_community_survey_27feb2018

I could've required people to sign in via their Google Account.  I could've also required them to provide their e-mail addresses in order to notify them of their responses and send them a copy of their responses for their records.

I decided it was better to NOT enable either of those options and maintain the survey as anonymous as possible.

I am fully aware of the challenges of filtering spam/troll responses from actual useful data.  I have enough tools available via Google Forms built-in settings that enable me to flag potential spam/duplicate responses passively (without notifying the user) so that I can discard them if necessary.

I want to take the time to thank all the trolls and fantastic-cupcakes that keep bumping this thread and pushing it to the top of the active forum front page ;)

Also #NotMyMayor :P

Edited by Daedalus007
  • 2 weeks later...

Doing a quick bump to let people know this survey is still OPEN until this Sunday 18-March-2018.
After the survey is closed, the final results will be revealed to the community.
Be sure to tell friends, guildies, and especially new people so that we have a better insight on the game's direction & so on.
Those who don't do so won't be heard.  They will have others speak for them.

10 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

Doing a quick bump to let people know this survey is still OPEN until this Sunday 18-March-2018.
After the survey is closed, the final results will be revealed to the community.
Be sure to tell friends, guildies, and especially new people so that we have a better insight on the game's direction & so on.
Those who don't do so won't be heard.  They will have others speak for them.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:15 AM, Daedalus007 said:

Your suggestion is discarded.