Dittos

tl dr; Creative ways to make dittos/older genderlesses/whatever more useful

Very well. It amazes me how they managed to even think about extinguishing the ditto market for reasons.

But no, I am not here to whine about it, or whatever of the sort cause that would only bring 300 IQ arguments from both sides with no sense whatsoever.

Also, Im sick of newer players to give 0 fucks about the veteran players loss and ultimately blaming them with such said 300 IQ shitposts, or the biased opinions of affected biased players that are too butthurt to even think.

So, we can all agree that genderless market, and consequently, ditto one got massively nerfed. Yes, I understand newer players appreciate that and I see no reason to not feel happy about them too. But I also think it just fucked too much the other players, unnecessarily imo.

With this in mind, I would like to discuss some ways to at least reduce a bit this waste.

Some ideas could include a boost to ditto breeding, just like you did to shinies (passing more ivs, passing the max ivs, etc. etc.) 

Others could move along the lines of special ribbons to bred genderlesses before update, and new ditto breeds allowing them to participate in some new stuff, competitive or not (And yes, this game lacks new stuff). Or even added passive effects like more e4 money, or whatever of the sort.

Idk, even if unlikely, an npc that could give some items based on the sum on older genderless breeds, so to mitigate a little bit the effort, time and money to have bred them.

Ultimately, I am not saying  to discuss this exact ideas, but try to come up with new ones. 

Pros: No drawbacks for newer players

Less of a loss for older ones

Variety, since the ribbons or boosted effects of ditto breeding could come up with new stuff (cause game is kinda stale, you cant deny that) while also not killing completely ditto market.

Cons: Maybe some coding, if any, since some ideas could be implemented without major effort.

Feel free to share ideas, or to discuss shared ones.

Edited by pachima

Others could move along the lines of special ribbons to bred genderlesses before update, and new ditto breeds allowing them to participate in some new stuff, competitive or not (And yes, this game lacks new stuff). Or even added passive effects like more e4 money, or whatever of the sort.

Pros: No drawbacks for newer players

How is putting a literal barrier to a certain gameplay aspect for new players no drawback?

There is no need to change anything to genderless/dittos acquired before the update. The market changes, the same mechanic can be applied in real life when the government passes a law/regulation that affects the economy.

For example: Government introduces an maximum housing rent, to ensure people can live in affordable houses.

Surely, the house owners who sublet their properties are gonna be mad, but the government won't reimburse their lost revenue.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

How is putting a literal barrier to a certain gameplay aspect for new players no drawback?

There is no need to change anything to genderless/dittos acquired before the update. The market changes, the same mechanic can be applied in real life when the government passes a law/regulation that affects the economy.

For example: Government introduces an maximum housing rent, to ensure people can live in affordable houses.

Surely, the house owners who sublet their properties are gonna be mad, but the government won't reimburse their lost revenue.

> examples.

Could be anything, not saying it should be the ones I stated.

Also, I mentioned both once breeds and current dittos, so please stop arguing over half the thread so to prove your point. I dont mind whatever they plan to do. I dont even mind if our old genderlesses are useless, but new dittos are still worthless and there are quite a lot of ways to prevent this.

i thought about a simple fix that may or may not be a good idea.

for me i liked having my OT on godly genderless. it was most of the reason why i bred them.

so i figure that they can make it so that it keeps your OT only if you use ditto

and when you breed a genderless with another genderless it says "manufactured" or something along those lines in the OT space.

that way if you want OT you need to use ditto which would keep the market going. not as strong but i know there is plenty of genderless breeders who would like to keep OT

sure prices wouldnt be as high but it would at least keep ditto farming alive

1 hour ago, EssDeeCee said:

They killed the hidden power breeding market.

this was dead since forever, I mean you could argue about magnemites, but either way either it would have hp fire or would have been a dead market so, yeah not a good argument.

They killed the shiny breeder market.

No they didnt. They improved it, as someone who bred a lot of shinies, I for one like this one.

They just killed the ditto market.

yes and no, stuff like tyrogue and tauros still requires godly dittos in order to breed, they just need their HAs to be perfectly functional (even tho, they're already fuctional), yes they kinda destroyed the genderless market, but not the ditto, a godly ditto should still be worth a pretty penny, for collectors and those who want to breed a hitmontop for example, which is a perfectly viable and sought after comp for doubles.

Yet we get 2 more RP items. NICE!

I do agree with you, they're garbage, they're not my ludicolo sombrero that I wanted to own.