Update Discussion thread 27/2/18

Blue

After trying out stuff here's my take on things:

Gems are nice as they allow a few builds, although idk why this was even considered a priority over abilities and moves that are necessary.

Changing HP according to gen7 was nice, but brutal, by this I mean, you literally fucked a lot of people who own perfect breeds with HP fire, don't say hurr durr it's better for the pokemmo future, ok it might be, but this should not have been introduced so late in the game.

Genderless breeding, pretty nice, but same thing applies you didn't give a shit about those who spent millions on genderless. 

1x31 shiny guaranteed, ok it's not terrible, I kinda dig it as I like to breed them

4.25% crit is probably the best improvement in this patch, like this one is really nice.

PP max crafting nerf, this is also a really nice one, although the crafting system is still locked behind berries, so 2 mechanics not many will want to do, nor are they 'engaging' per say.

Changing pory price and TMs, although I don't see it as a necessity, not bad, might be harmful for economy? You'll end up burning less cash.

Keeping tutor and TM moves is really nice as breeding, I dig this one aswell, no more wait time? That's awesome, 10/10, this one is lit.

Massive changes like this don't seem to have been communicated/telegraphed properly prior to implementation.

Perhaps 2+ weeks advance notice would allow people enough 'reaction time' prior to the change so that (for example) genderless breeders didn't get hosed by the changes.

I'm not sure why two of the TMs were increased in price, but I am happy that lowbies are able to get some useful 'map use' TMs a bit cheaper (like Flash for caves).

The new Gems system seems nice, but I share the puzzlement of others as to why certain broken/buggy moves were not fixed instead.

Edited by Daedalus007
32 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

There's a lot of cool, unexpected changes. Game going in good direction.

Just the Feebas tile change piqued my curiosity.

...why? Not that it's good or bad but. Why?

feebas and hoenn are dead memes

35 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What would the alternative be? Compete with hp less unviable comps?

Just don't sink all that much into them if you know theyll eventually be replaced

Or don't, but just don't complain like this change came out of nowhere. 

Edited by Gunthug
2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Just don't sink all that much into them if you know theyll eventually be replaced

I doubt anyone went out of their way to breed more hp pokemons than any other comp player. The gendereless market was actually pretty big, so investing your ressources in it was far from crazy, but I don't think there really was a hidden power market since you don't need to grind special ressources to breed a comp with a hidden power. My point is that "perfect hp breeders" were not really a thing imo, all old comp players are imo affected equally by this change, but I agree that long term it's more a good thing than a bad thing.

I feel that the grumbling comes from these changes being done suddenly without any prior notice/discussion since many of them affect the economy both directly and indirectly.

For example, if someone went out and purchased TM moves less than 48 hours ago prior to the update, now they're going to be upset they 'wasted' their money, sometimes by a significant margin.

If changes like this will be made WITHOUT prior notice, then it would be reasonable to have some kind of 'automatic compensation' in place for certain things.

Going with the TM moves example again, if it was one of the TMs that increased in price then no changes would be made.

However if it was a TM that was lowered in price then the difference could be mailed to the person in question via System Mail or whatever they call it for each TM purchased at the higher price over maybe the past 14 days or so.

Overall I do see most of these changes as a net positive, especially for newer players.  However, I still wish that further work had been done on implementing/fixing the broken/buggy moves in the game in lieu of all the work to do other stuff.

I feel bad for the ones who worked so much to implement 2FA only to have it spazz out and be disabled shortly afterwards.  Having it as an option that players could optionally enable on their account would've been a better idea.  But as I've said before, 2FA is just a band-aid on the problem of passwords in the first place.  A 'token' system that only authorizes specific machines where the game is installed would be both easier to manage and a lot less hassle for the end-user.  I'm sure the devs know what they're doing so I'll leave it to them to handle things from this point onward.

Edited by Daedalus007
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

I doubt anyone went out of their way to breed more hp pokemons than any other comp player. The gendereless market was actually pretty big, so investing your ressources in it was far from crazy, but I don't think there really was a hidden power market since you don't need to grind special ressources to breed a comp with a hidden power. My point is that "perfect hp breeders" were not really a thing imo, all old comp players are imo affected equally by this change, but I agree that long term it's more a good thing than a bad thing.

I borrowed that language about "perfect HP breeders" from redspawn who was complaining about it so your semantics challenge is an empty one