Update Discussion thread 27/2/18

Blue

13 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if someone cannot stand for justice for everyone without being a victim then there will just be more and more victim until we have enough to force a change when we don't need more victim in the first place

just for your personal info i tend to be much more unpredictable then the average person so the usual patern is very often wrong when it comes to knowing things about me

Man this update was necessary. Sure some people lost values on their shit but try to look at the bigger picture. The update was nothing less then fcking genius if you ask me, competitive play is gonna be hype in few months time. Breeding faster which imo is the dopest thing they could have done. Seriously I'll start breeding my own comps and compete cuz of this update. They gonna bring dungeons soon as well.

EDIT: Let me remind you, some lost few million on genderless breeds. That's nothing compared to the values which fcking dropped to the floor of shinies. Shiny prices got rekt after Unova. So it's not just the genderless breeders like Teamunicorn or others who got fcked.

Edited by Goku
20 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if someone cannot stand for justice for everyone without being a victim then there will just be more and more victim until we have enough to force a change when we don't need more victim in the first place

just for your personal info i tend to be much more unpredictable then the average person so the usual patern is very often wrong when it comes to knowing things about me

That is implying a Crime happened. Which it didn't. There was no crime, therefore there is no victim. 

1 minute ago, Goku said:

Man this update was necessary. Sure some people lost values on their shit but try to look at the bigger picture. The update was nothing less then fcking genius if you ask me, competitive play is gonna be hype in few months time. Breeding faster which imo is the dopest thing they could have done. Seriously I'll start breeding my own comps and compete cuz of this update. They gonna bring dungeons soon as well.

i agree with you on that but this update is overall great beside that it overlook some detail and some player if you take only @TeamUnicorn who was breeding genderless left and right becaus he loved it so much he invested a lot ($1200 from what he claimed)  in rp to buy more ditto to breed more genderless (most likely wasn't all used for that but still) for him it must feel like he was just feeding an alligator to be big enough to eat his leg. i know donation is donation your not supposed to get anything in return but others did get pokeyen in return so why does he have to get treated differently?

4 minutes ago, Kite said:

That is implying a Crime happened. Which it didn't. There was no crime, therefore there is no victim. 

i consider unfair treatement has a crime (sort off)

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i would also like if you could mention pokemon that became completly useless after the split becaus i can't think of any i only some moveset that would need to be changed (not saying you are wrong but i can't say your right either with that one)

Off the top of my head, Muk was destroyed.

And the value of any pokemon that relied on physical HP. 

3 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Off the top of my head, Muk was destroyed.

And the value of any pokemon that relied on physical HP. 

well if the only pokemon that come to you has destroyed is Muk then it was either not has big of an issue like i originally expected or you really have some weird pokemon has favorite unless it was just an op pokemon in the meta back in the days

6 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

well if the only pokemon that come to you has destroyed is Muk then it was either not has big of an issue like i originally expected or you really have some weird pokemon has favorite unless it was just an op pokemon in the meta back in the days

Yeah Muk was a popular UU pokemon back in the day. I suggest holding back on snide remarks unless you know what you're talking about.

HP flying Gyarados, let's go with OU.

Edited by Bishav
A, an
3 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Yeah Muk was an popular UU pokemon back in the day. I suggest holding back on snide remarks unless you know what you're talking about.

HP flying Gyarados, let's go with OU.

well there wasn't any snide remark from me there muk is just a pile of toxic liquid  and is probably one poke that i would forget if i had to list the original 151 pokemon

but for hp fly gyara it suck to loose a good move but wasn't waterfall and all the water move special back then?

18 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

well there wasn't any snide remark from me there muk is just a pile of toxic liquid  and is probably one poke that i would forget if i had to list the original 151 pokemon

but for hp fly gyara it suck to loose a good move but wasn't waterfall and all the water move special back then?

No, bounce or hp flying, taunt dd and something else. 

Edited by Bishav

Thank you @Goku for the correct analogy - shinies. But it wasn't unova that totally fucked their value, it was the introduction of hordes. Did that update improve the game? Oh my god, maybe more than any I can remember for comp players. EV training became easier to an exponential degree, not to mention hordes are just cool. But....they also made shinies much much easier to obtain. Things like shiny vulpix and shiny growlithe are two great examples - former valuable shinies that tanked once they were available in hordes.

@ThePrettyPetard where were you standing up for the victims of injustice when thay update came out? Why weren't you crying that shiny traders should get handouts from devs to make up for lost value? Were you even here foe that, or are you a brand new player with 0 perspective and a fetish for being wrong on the forums? 

Edited by Gunthug
Fixed a word

I had tons of genderless comps too (just had breed a cryogonal prior the update RIp). Those 3x+ dittos prices was just riddiculous. I mean, who decided the price for them? Also all those people which had almost unlimited breeders from the CloneMMO era. (They dont say nothing, but nowdays u still see 2014 4x30 genderless comps in GTL for dope prices).

This kind of upgrade is necessary for make people enjoy more the game and take less grind (Also got rekt in tons of MMOs with updates which give away things you grinded for days ).

The ditto farm isnt useless they still worth a lot mainly for rare genderless species. (1x31 speed dittos reached like 30k value after the update, 25k atm).

I guess legendaries ll be the new money sink in the future, since Kyu said they wont be able to breed with ditto. (idk if even between same species)

----------------------

But I felt like the game could just give it some special reward for those comps in the past at least to recognize the effort (I dont think any money refound would be done)

Like a RIbbon or untradeable vanity idk

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

@ThePrettyPetard where were you standing up for the victims of injustice when thay update came out? Why weren't you crying that shiny traders should get handouts from devs to make up for lost value? Were you even here foe that, or are you a brand new player with 0 perspective and a fetish for being wrong on the forums? 

since i have a shiny breeder that i want to sell and just started to try to sell it to see how it will go an opinion about would be to soon to make has the market wasn't completly destroyed by that.also  felt like my opinion could have been not objective has well so it's too soon for me to give a complain on that.

6 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i agree with you on that but this update is overall great beside that it overlook some detail and some player if you take only @TeamUnicorn who was breeding genderless left and right becaus he loved it so much he invested a lot ($1200 from what he claimed)  in rp to buy more ditto to breed more genderless (most likely wasn't all used for that but still) for him it must feel like he was just feeding an alligator to be big enough to eat his leg. i know donation is donation your not supposed to get anything in return but others did get pokeyen in return so why does he have to get treated differently?

i consider unfair treatement has a crime (sort off)

Doesn't matter what you consider is a crime. Legally it isn't. 

55 minutes ago, Kite said:

what about we go take a trip on a boat on international water and i kill you there? leagally it isn't a crime so i guess it's okay if i do it?

3 hours ago, Risadex said:

But I felt like the game could just give it some special reward for those comps in the past at least to recognize the effort (I dont think any money refound would be done)

Like a RIbbon or untradeable vanity idk

i doubt has well that they would give any money or just anything at all becaus they don't care enough about individual sadly

25 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

what about we go take a trip on a boat on international water and i kill you there? leagally it isn't a crime so i guess it's okay if i do it?

Kinda offtopic but killing on International water is a crime- you would be judged by victims nation,  your nation or whoever is in charge of area/ahip.

Isnt too hard, if you have a mon with "Iv sum >= 160 + a ninche of good natures for that mon + specified time"   U can unlock a ribbon or  @Kyu

@ThePrettyPetardI dont like the money refound cus  is the community which decides the prices of this kind of Stuff. 

But making it they would just proof they had some incertain decisions b4 implement that, what isnt good.

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i doubt has well that they would give any money or just anything at all becaus they don't care enough about individual sadly

This comment right here, shows you have 0 clue what you're talking about. 

4 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Kinda offtopic but killing on International water is a crime- you would be judged by victims nation,  your nation or whoever is in charge of area/ahip.

3 hours ago, Kite said:

This comment right here, shows you have 0 clue what you're talking about. 

well okay i might be wrong on that one but still what i wanted to say by that is that this argument

5 hours ago, Kite said:

is irelevent becaus law are made by contry that we don't nescesairly share the best exemple of that is weed leagal in some place but illeagal in other yet we aren't really allowed to talk about it freely (at least not when no fun bear is around)

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

well okay i might be wrong on that one but still what i wanted to say by that is that this argument

is irelevent becaus law are made by contry that we don't nescesairly share the best exemple of that is weed leagal in some place but illeagal in other yet we aren't really allowed to talk about it freely (at least not when no fun bear is around)

If it was irrelevant, you wouldn't had used the word "victim".