Update Discussion thread 27/2/18

Blue

11 hours ago, ImFunk said:

The same thing happened when the Unova region was first added, and that lasted about a week. Don't expect it to be this active for long. 

This update is not flashy at all to bring players over. I think increased amount of ppl in overworld is connected to:

"Channel population limits are now calculated per-region instead of per-channel

• This increases the amount of players which are allowed in a channel, and more evenly distributes players across less populated regions
  • The amount of Channels has been reduced from 8 to 5"

I would reduce it even more since we have 3 regions now instead of 1

LMAO at these guys crying that perfect HP mons are now easier to build.

For a long time you had to do a huge work for idk, a 4x30 hp fire metagross, and that was your reward. You had a mon that very few ppl would have, and that gave you a inherent advantage in most duels as people would think you don't have the correct hp (unless high ranked ladder or tours specially against super farmed opponents).

Now that has become easier after YEARS you're crying that your mons are worthless, they're not. Now you won't have to farm weeks/months for the same shit, pretty different.

No matter what change would they implement, it always hurts on those grind fiesta boys.

16 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

The changes for breeding (as well as some other changes as the Wailmer pail/Sprayduck, the change to monthly seasons or the reduced berry powder price for PP UP/Max) have been announced beforehand - you simply missed it, that's all

While all of us might have lost some (I won't even dare to estimate how much I lost) money (the worth of our genderless comps/HP breeds/Dittos) due to the somehow 'disruptive' changes in genderless breeding I do welcome that it finally enables us to get 'perfect' genderless comps.
I also acknowledge that this reduces the gap between new players and old ones, as newer ones get easier access to those comps while older ones have to overhaul their stock of comps (similar to what will happen once the first HAs are introduced) - so probably good for (the accessibility of) PvP, thanks.

Also thanks for the reduction in berry powder costs for PP UP/Max - it was even reduced further than I thought it would.

But most of all: Thanks for the Sprayduck :D

i thank you for your reply first reply i have had back from anyone who seems to know what they are talking about i dont mind the losing money part although i have lost alot that is something the game just entales. just the fact that the game has decided to go along the lines of punishing those who have played the game for years and worked to get comps and had to hunt alot to make the best ditto ones they can now someone who joined 3 weeks ago could quite feasibly make a better ditto comp to me it has taken a big part away from the game which benefited the more loyal players to the game. yes it gave a small advantage to those who could afford to make these comps in pvps but in my personal opinion being loyal to the game and playing it for long periods of time or buying rp to help the game develop was more than enough justification for a small advantage in pvp. im sorry they have made this change and im sure im not the only one who it has taken a big part away from the game i use to love to play

16 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

The changes for breeding (as well as some other changes as the Wailmer pail/Sprayduck, the change to monthly seasons or the reduced berry powder price for PP UP/Max) have been announced beforehand - you simply missed it, that's all

While all of us might have lost some (I won't even dare to estimate how much I lost) money (the worth of our genderless comps/HP breeds/Dittos) due to the somehow 'disruptive' changes in genderless breeding I do welcome that it finally enables us to get 'perfect' genderless comps.
I also acknowledge that this reduces the gap between new players and old ones, as newer ones get easier access to those comps while older ones have to overhaul their stock of comps (similar to what will happen once the first HAs are introduced) - so probably good for (the accessibility of) PvP, thanks.

Also thanks for the reduction in berry powder costs for PP UP/Max - it was even reduced further than I thought it would.

But most of all: Thanks for the Sprayduck :D

i thank you for your reply first reply i have had back from anyone who seems to know what they are talking about i dont mind the losing money part although i have lost alot that is something the game just entales. just the fact that the game has decided to go along the lines of punishing those who have played the game for years and worked to get comps and had to hunt alot to make the best ditto ones they can now someone who joined 3 weeks ago could quite feasibly make a better ditto comp to me it has taken a big part away from the game which benefited the more loyal players to the game. yes it gave a small advantage to those who could afford to make these comps in pvps but in my personal opinion being loyal to the game and playing it for long periods of time or buying rp to help the game develop was more than enough justification for a small advantage in pvp. im sorry they have made this change and im sure im not the only one who it has taken a big part away from the game i use to love to play

A wildfire is destructive but also brings renewal.

Let's hope that with all the old methods burned to the ground, new renewal will come fast enough and often enough to justify it in the long run.

A change that benefits non-rich players and non-veteran players for the benefit of the game?  That's ok :)

1 minute ago, Daedalus007 said:

A wildfire is destructive but also brings renewal.

Let's hope that with all the old methods burned to the ground, new renewal will come fast enough and often enough to justify it in the long run.

A change that benefits non-rich players and non-veteran players for the benefit of the game?  That's ok :)

so having players who have just joined the game and not spent money on the game be as good as those who have spent 100's of pounds and thousands of hours seems legit. 

Just now, Imbatman said:

so having players who have just joined the game and not spent money on the game be as good as those who have spent 100's of pounds and thousands of hours seems legit. 

Any money you spent is entirely on you.  They aren't required to cater only to those who pay.
If you want a pay-only game that caters to you then try WoW or FF14 or something.  This is not that game.  This is just a fan project made by some people who love Pokemon enough to run this service 100% for free with cosmetic-only stuff in the cash shop and no pay to win at all.

Or you know, just go play a Pokemon ROM hack offline and do whatever you like :P

I just hear tons of complaints from people who are upset at losing 'millions' of Pokemoney that they actually decided to spend on certain methods that are no longer viable.  I would've loved a heads up on this, although the market would've still crashed and just done so sooner rather than later.

It absolutely sucks.  It also sucks when nerfs/buffs affect the time and effort people have invested in certain MOBA champions and classes in an MMO and so on.

Change is basically part of the deal.  It isn't like we're getting weekly patches that drastically alter things or mess things up.

I'm surprised people want to care about fake gamemoney when the endgame of getting more/new people into PvP competitive is ultimately what will help keep the game alive for longer.

45 minutes ago, Imbatman said:

just the fact that the game has decided to go along the lines of punishing those who have played the game for years and worked to get comps and had to hunt alot to make the best ditto ones they can now someone who joined 3 weeks ago could quite feasibly make a better ditto comp to me it has taken a big part away from the game which benefited the more loyal players to the game. yes it gave a small advantage to those who could afford to make these comps in pvps but in my personal opinion being loyal to the game and playing it for long periods of time or buying rp to help the game develop was more than enough justification for a small advantage in pvp. im sorry they have made this change and im sure im not the only one who it has taken a big part away from the game i use to love to play

I feel you and maybe you also have been around three years ago when something similar (possibly worse) happened with the introduction of the current breeding system.
It also felt like punishment but in retrospective I believe it was necessary and also made breeding more predictable/les luck based just as the new system does for genderless species - and hopefully this update will also be judged as beneficial when regarded retrospectively.

On the bright side: In contrast to a total wipe 'to even out the odds' we older players don't loose everything but a part of our resources.
You still retain a lot of advantages over newer players - not only the still valid comps you might have, shinies, money, items, ... but most importantly the knowledge you gathered
Knowledge on how to farm, on PvP, gaining money etc...

4 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

I'm surprised people want to care about fake gamemoney when the endgame of getting more/new people into PvP competitive is ultimately what will help keep the game alive for longer.

this "fake" game money is something people care about becaus it can be converted into time and no one enjoy to be told that their effort was just a waste of time. if you worked hard for one pokemon just to have people tell you it is shit after you finished it hurts and it's something that isn't enjoyable so imagine when it get done to 4 (or more) of your pokemon at the same time and when you spent all you had on them at that point it doesn't feel like a slap on the face it rather feel like getting your ship exploded in the middle of the sea all you have left is a few plank at this point giving up is something that you start considering a lot

So many millions spent on genderless that now are worth the half or even less and the worst thing is that it's not all yet. I have read we're gonna need to rebreed our comp to get hidden abilities.. that's awful.

To be honest i am facing hard times already with pokeyen or as you call it fake game money. There are so many pokemons i would like to try.. so many teams and ideas i have i would really like to test and i just can't, now i even have to spend money for gems/hidden power but it's actually ok. I still play and i try to enjoy PVP in the limited way i can and that's because pvp is what i like to do.. But seriously I don't know what i will do once i'll have to rebreed my comps for HA. I mean i just don't have the possibility to do it, i don't have the money nor the time to do something so long and boring and obviously you can't tell me to go play mamoswine without hidden once it's implemented

Sorry for going a bit off topic but i hope someone make admins see reason. Every patch always add something new to farm/buy

20 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

I feel you and maybe you also have been around three years ago when something similar (possibly worse) happened with the introduction of the current breeding system.
It also felt like punishment but in retrospective I believe it was necessary and also made breeding more predictable/les luck based just as the new system does for genderless species - and hopefully this update will also be judged as beneficial when regarded retrospectively.

On the bright side: In contrast to a total wipe 'to even out the odds' we older players don't loose everything but a part of our resources.
You still retain a lot of advantages over newer players - not only the still valid comps you might have, shinies, money, items, ... but most importantly the knowledge you gathered
Knowledge on how to farm, on PvP, gaining money etc...

yes to most people this might be true im not worried about the money side of it thats gone so what its not real. however my main goal in game was breeding the more difficult comps ditto breeds hidden power pokemon and that is basically all i did. yes i do have some shinies but only 4 and i was there for last update which happened more in the beining of the game and i think it had less of a total impact although did affect a few. im not being bad to the game i use to love it but it has hit me hard as my boxes are full of stuff which is now considered worthless when it was millions within a 2 hour update. i just wish if they ever had this plan that they did it during that time of 3 years ago. to go from me being a very active member in my team making all the harder breeds and helping them all out i didnt do it for profit i did it for fun and what it cost me to make for them. so now my account stands at 1.5m and no major things i can sell to make up enough to even make a dent in what needs fixing. i dont want people thinking im being over dramatic as im quite a laid back person, but the update has left me being almost totally broke, and nothing to show for 4 years playing. im sure im not the only one but im possibly one of the worse effected by this as this was 95% of my game gone.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

What do you guys want these devs to do? Never update the game or improve any mechanics because it might possibly cause some inconvenience to those who are benefitting off the comp players forced to overpay for shit like genderless and HP mons? Be realistic. Try to view things objectively. And stop being so quick to whip out the victim card

you remember what happen when they took all our wings for no reason with one of the update and gave us money under what they where valued has? well this time there is no refund and the lost is much more massive if they made something like giving a sort of refund to player that spent a lot of money on these genderless recently it would make this much less of a pain but no people just have to take it up their *** with no lube

9 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

What do you guys want these devs to do? Never update the game or improve any mechanics because it might possibly cause some inconvenience to those who are benefitting off the comp players forced to overpay for shit like genderless and HP mons? Be realistic. Try to view things objectively. And stop being so quick to whip out the victim card

The devs could cure cancer and people would complain that it was keeping the population in check and that cancer treatment now devalued and lost millions.

8 minutes ago, suigin said:

The devs could cure cancer and people would complain that it was keeping the population in check and that cancer treatment now devalued and lost millions.

if you rush to cure cancer and kill 50% of the population while doing so when it only killed 1% per year then yeah there would be reason to complain the proplem isn't the change in itself it's the way used to do those said change

1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

you remember what happen when they took all our wings for no reason with one of the update and gave us money under what they where valued has? well this time there is no refund and the lost is much more massive if they made something like giving a sort of refund to player that spent a lot of money on these genderless recently it would make this much less of a pain but no people just have to take it up their *** with no lube

First of all, no I don't remember that because who gives a fuck about vanities. Second, those genderless comps are not worthless lmao. They are still exactly as effective in competitive play as they were, yet you'll notice the people complaining aren't really competitive players. They're the ones who were taking advantage of comp players by massively overcharging foe this shit

So now that the playing field is level and competitive players have much easier access to necessary comps, don't come crying to me that the old, unfair market is ruined 

18 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

First of all, no I don't remember that because who gives a fuck about vanities. Second, those genderless comps are not worthless lmao. They are still exactly as effective in competitive play as they were, yet you'll notice the people complaining aren't really competitive players. They're the ones who were taking advantage of comp players by massively overcharging foe this shit

So now that the playing field is level and competitive players have much easier access to necessary comps, don't come crying to me that the old, unfair market is ruined 

when i mentioned the wing i meant the ev item and not the vanity but doesn't matter to much.  and you almost seem like you had a personal issue with genderless trader but what i meant has a fixing idea was something like refund (partially)  those that have genderless comp like 3 month old or less (that was born before the update) this wouldn't be meant only for the trader since anyone owning one could get a partial refund. this wouldn't solve everything but that could solve enough for stoping most people from wanting to kill a dev or two

side note even tho i am complaining i am not a genderless breeder/trader (i only own a meta old enough to not be considered by the refund) i just see how unfair this can be for loyal player just becaus they invested at the wrong place at the wrong time they don't deserve to be fucked over with an update like this

I gave up on this community already. Everyone spams biased arguments just to push them on their side cause reasons. Also pretty much no1 gives a fuck about others. 

We reached the point where chat is filled with ppl spamming the whole map all hyped to find the so called phenomena. I swear I havent seen such an illogical game mechanics with so many ppl blindly following them cause there is no other option. Everytime ppl bring the whole "we need to progress" argument to justify their points, part of me dies inside cause they really mean what they say and dont even take a second of their lives to think about the "how to progress" instead of writing paragraphs of nonsense biased bla bla bla

Im gonna be honest, the only reason I keep playing this is the people I met alongside. But it saddens me that everytime someone offers their help to improve the 100% stale game, people throw stones at him saying game is fine bla bla bla, while the think updates are needed.

To sum it up, updates are needed. Hell, they are a must. But there are countless ways to "fix" eventual fuck ups, and yet we rarely have them cause "effort"

Man, we play your game, some of us pay for your game, you should at least have the decency to show some effort on your side too.

I would prefer 1000 times they refuting our ideas and opinions with whatever argument than full ignoring them cause reasons.

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

this wouldn't solve everything but that could solve enough for stoping most people from wanting to kill a dev or two

Just an FYI.  If you or anyone you know feels so strongly about a video game that you're willing to commit violence (real or virtual) then please shut off the computer and leave the internet forever.  It is unacceptable to be making death threats over video game stuff.

Video games are entertainment and they are (technically) time-wasters.  You aren't meant to get 'value' out of them other than the entertainment/enjoyment.
I don't feel pity for those who were using these genderless as a money making method and nothing else.  Again it seems the rich ones with millions to burn made bad investments and went all-in on a market that crumbled.  That's how it goes sometimes.  Oh whelp.

On 27/02/2018 at 5:25 AM, Bluejim said:

I wonder which abilites and moves will get added

hype

pls give cheap pp maxes

Good evening BlueJim, I figured that a video about the Update Log would be related to this discussion. I've been working on this video all night so I hope you all enjoy it.

Update Video 2/27/18:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening BlueJim, I figured that a video about the Update Log would be related to this discussion. I've been working on this video all night so I hope you all enjoy it.

Update Video 2/27/18:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4sfZvHbZ0

Thanks for the link!  Now we can just point this to people who have been too lazy to read things.

i find this is a great update, here are my favorite changes to name a few.

-Genderless species may now breed with other members of their evolution tree

-Removed the wait time to obtain Eggs when breeding

-The default Critical Hit chance has been reduced from 6.25% (1/16) to 4.167% (1/24)

-PP Up requirements reduced from 30 Berry Powder / 2 White Herb to  9 Berry Powder / 1 White Herb
-PP Max requirements reduced from 90 Berry Powder / 6 White Herb to 24 Berry Powder / 3 White Herb
-Most TMs have had their prices adjusted to more properly reflect their current viability:
-Elite 4 rematch base money rewards have increased by 10%

-When used from the Bag, 20 Gems may be used to override the Hidden Power typing of a party member

-The Move Relearner can now teach moves learned at later levels

No egg wait time, How is no one mentioning this!??!! That's a great improvement!, 

affordable pp maxes, less crits, cheaper TM's, E4 bonus, genderless breeding almost same as regular breeding, ...how can anyone complain???

all those changes are making PVP more doable, for everyone, newbs and experienced people alike.

People just need to pull out their calculators and realize that instead of spending countless hours breeding that godly genderless poke, they can breed that same (or wait,  better) poke and 10 others with it. Think of the $$$ you can make by efficiently breeding pokes with all the experience you have accumulated?

My main money making method 2-3 years ago was alt running, and they nerfed that hardcore. I could say I lost millions. Yet i don't mind since they added in a bunch of new things to do. 

Opportunities arise.

Now i'm trying to figure out a way to ''speedrun'' the E4 for profit, and so far i have only lost money, but I have hope. lol

it's kinda teaching me how to pvp, so yeah.

Gotta be creative in finding ways to make money, that's part of the fun.

8 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Just an FYI.  If you or anyone you know feels so strongly about a video game that you're willing to commit violence (real or virtual) then please shut off the computer and leave the internet forever.  It is unacceptable to be making death threats over video game stuff.

Video games are entertainment and they are (technically) time-wasters.  You aren't meant to get 'value' out of them other than the entertainment/enjoyment.
I don't feel pity for those who were using these genderless as a money making method and nothing else.  Again it seems the rich ones with millions to burn made bad investments and went all-in on a market that crumbled.  That's how it goes sometimes.  Oh whelp.

The thing about wanting to kill a dev or two wasn't meant to be a full serious thing but again with this update seems like the if your not happy then quit is comming back wich isn't a way to treat loyal player. And since you don't seem to care about wasting your time i guess that mean that you are perfectly okay if your save file just get deleted from here or any game that you play daily. By saying it's just a game it feels the same way has getting told to just quit would you enjoy getting that said to you about the things you love?

15 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

The thing about wanting to kill a dev or two wasn't meant to be a full serious thing but again with this update seems like the if your not happy then quit is comming back wich isn't a way to treat loyal player. And since you don't seem to care about wasting your time i guess that mean that you are perfectly okay if your save file just get deleted from here or any game that you play daily. By saying it's just a game it feels the same way has getting told to just quit would you enjoy getting that said to you about the things you love?

Not really sure what you're arguing about only cause I got bored reading so my response to you is....No.