Update Discussion thread 27/2/18

Blue

I'm really loving this update, especially as a new player!
-So many people online!  This feels like an actual MMO instead of just 'sorta MMO' now :)
-Global is actually being used a lot more; I haven't heard this much Global chatter in weeks!
-They fixed the no-music bug in less than 24 hours!  WHOO!  That's excellent work from the devs!

@Xatu: Vae Victus, Sic Semper Tyrannis, whatever you wanna call it; sometimes one must burn through the old brush to allow new growth to happen; this is still by far the best Pokemon-MMO on the internet at this time.  If you disagree feel free to PM me some names/info because I've seen (nearly) all of them and played most of em already.

12 minutes ago, redspawn said:

when we get mega stones and z moves, aka never.

i mean if leech life was bufed and now we can have a i 5 ivs hp pokemon why not implement knock off at 65 base power, make this funny pls. its a good stuff and with eviolite we need knock off more imo

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

lol thats funny from the guy who wants to force "classes" from other MMOs into pokemon

Yeah but that idea doesnt take a VANILLA MECHANIC and replace it with a NON-VANILLA MECHANIC.  Its ok to add new shit and the lack of new shit is what makes this game dull and NOT FUN. 

So dittos are now worthless.

Genderless breeds aren't worth anywhere near what they were.

Good IV shinies aren't as valuable.

Even made getting 1x31s easier.

I keep thinking the devs can't fuck it up any further with updates, but they keep surprising us.

2 minutes ago, Quilachy said:

i mean if leech life was bufed and now we can have a i 5 ivs hp pokemon why not implement knock off at 65 base power, make this funny pls. its a good stuff and with eviolite we need knock off more imo

because it'd hurt way too much and the only way to "punish" its spammability is to switch in a z crystal holder or a mega stone holder.

3 minutes ago, Quilachy said:

is not about making it funny or not, it's about how strong knock off gen7 is, and why z moves and megas somewhat counter the move, together with fairy type.

2 minutes ago, EssDeeCee said:

So dittos are now worthless.

a genderless market abnormally centralized on one single pokemon for currency is now brought back in line with other breeding groups

Genderless breeds aren't worth anywhere near what they were.

Genderless breeds don't cost anywhere near what they were

Good IV shinies aren't as valuable.

good IV shinies, which are a commodity and not at all integral to any sort of economy, are slightly easier to obtain

Even made getting 1x31s easier.

I don't even need to change this one

I keep thinking the devs can't fuck it up any further with updates, but they keep surprising us.

When you look at everything with such a negative, I'm-a-victim attitude, you can make anything sound bad. Cheer up

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

back in line with other breeding groups

this is the part that sucks the most, if you ask me, dittos were a legit money making method which is something this game seriously lacks. Ok maybe it was to centralizing to the point I sold one perfect comp for 24m, and another for 14m or something, I mean I agree with that, perfectly fine wanting to make it a more competitive game, fair for everyone, I just don't see this being the best approach to the problem after so long.

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

this is the part that sucks the most, if you ask me, dittos were a legit money making method which is something this game seriously lacks. Ok maybe it was to centralizing to the point I sold one perfect comp for 24m, and another for 14m or something, I mean I agree with that, perfectly fine wanting to make it a more competitive game, fair for everyone, I just don't see this being the best approach to the problem after so long.

If you want to see suckery, check the recent GTL listings for all genderless.

Think i got a 6x30 beldum up for 1.2m now.

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

other than HP fire magnezone, I don't see why people would panic sell genderless, they're perfectly viable still even if not perfect, most of my comps, heck maybe 2 of my comp boxes are non perfect pokes and they work just fine.

Because I'm just done with the game after this update.

Only thing that kept me around was trying to breed more 6x0 genderless and 6x30+ genderless with dittos.

Now that that's gone, so am I.

31 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

-So many people online!  This feels like an actual MMO instead of just 'sorta MMO' now

The same thing happened when the Unova region was first added, and that lasted about a week. Don't expect it to be this active for long. 

1 minute ago, EssDeeCee said:

Because I'm just done with the game after this update.

Only thing that kept me around was trying to breed more 6x0 genderless and 6x30+ genderless with dittos.

Now that that's gone, so am I.

mhhh I mean, you can keep on doing it, nobody prevents you I guess? 6x0 never held a value other than collector value anyway. Just find something else to do, do some pvp, you don't like this? Shiny hunt.. idk find your niche, now that this one is kinda gone. 

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

mhhh I mean, you can keep on doing it, nobody prevents you I guess? 6x0 never held a value other than collector value anyway. Just find something else to do, do some pvp, you don't like this? Shiny hunt.. idk find your niche, now that this one is kinda gone. 

6x0 genderless are as easy as 6x0 regular now. only 6x0 to go for is like hitmons or tauros (unless males can breed now, which wouldn't surprise me).

I'm just done with this. Dink had the right idea ahead of schedule. Damn he was good.

3 minutes ago, DeadGorilla said:

so why are you still here

1 minute ago, ImFunk said:

Apparently not, as you continue to complain. 

lol he clearly had a love for this game guys.  He cared enough to voice his opinion on the forums because he felt wronged in some way, this is a basic human reaction and you guys like to pretend like youd act any differently if you were in his situation.

Just now, Xatu said:

lol he clearly had a love for this game guys.  He cared enough to voice his opinion on the forums because he felt wronged in some way, this is a basic human reaction and you guys like to pretend like youd act any differently if you were in his situation.

And you still never sold me a god damn Xatu with your OT. It was easy dollars.

Think I paid Ash like 100k for a pikachu with his OT.