Update Discussion thread 27/2/18

Blue

When dealing with users, best to use carrots rather than sticks.

Optional 2FA implementation via e-mail (and later on updating it to actual 2FA via Google Authenticator, Authy, etc).
Signing up for it gets you some unique cosmetic item(s) and/or title.  Untradeable.  Just for you.  Account-wide.

Or hell here's an idea that doesn't even require much coding.  Make the 2FA optional and automatically grant some Gift Shop points for people to spend on whatever they want.  Maybe 100 or 200 or whatever.

52 minutes ago, Daedalus007 said:

Signing up for it gets you some unique cosmetic item(s) and/or title.  Untradeable.  Just for you.  Account-wide.

Or hell here's an idea that doesn't even require much coding.  Make the 2FA optional and automatically grant some Gift Shop points for people to spend on whatever they want.  Maybe 100 or 200 or whatever.

Why?

5 hours ago, Imbatman said:

not even a warning

4 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Massive changes like this don't seem to have been communicated/telegraphed properly prior to implementation.

The changes for breeding (as well as some other changes as the Wailmer pail/Sprayduck, the change to monthly seasons or the reduced berry powder price for PP UP/Max) have been announced beforehand - you simply missed it, that's all

While all of us might have lost some (I won't even dare to estimate how much I lost) money (the worth of our genderless comps/HP breeds/Dittos) due to the somehow 'disruptive' changes in genderless breeding I do welcome that it finally enables us to get 'perfect' genderless comps.
I also acknowledge that this reduces the gap between new players and old ones, as newer ones get easier access to those comps while older ones have to overhaul their stock of comps (similar to what will happen once the first HAs are introduced) - so probably good for (the accessibility of) PvP, thanks.

Also thanks for the reduction in berry powder costs for PP UP/Max - it was even reduced further than I thought it would.

But most of all: Thanks for the Sprayduck :D

7 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

The changes for breeding (as well as some other changes as the Wailmer pail/Sprayduck, the change to monthly seasons or the reduced berry powder price for PP UP/Max) have been announced beforehand - you simply missed it, that's all

That isn't an 'announcement' at all.  That's a dev response to a player question.  Easily 'missed' and easily forgotten considering we're almost in March now and that thread is from 2+ months ago.

The devs have the resources to make more prominent notices available for player feedback/consideration/notice.

Not everyone religiously follows these forums on a daily basis.  The overwhelming majority of players just play the game and most of them ignore the forums entirely due to how things are run here.

I find it hilarious how they joke so much with our effort like this. Every time a big update hits us, a lot of people, more commonly the perfect breeds one are literally rekt for no reason. I understand progress is a must but there are like 1045 ways they could implement this without messing so hard with one´s economies. For me, Im out of this clusterfuck.

Ditto economy was one of the bigger in this game, you cant simply put us a middle finger and finish with it in a second, but whatever.

Edited by pachima

people are uguuing about:

* lack of player diversity in PvP (they say they see same faces over and over again)

* huge amount of grind

* small playerbase

* boredom resulting for points above

but when there are any changes adressing those issues the same ppl are first to make a huge uproar. Goals and/or achievements they create for themself due to boredom (aforementioned points) are now more important than interesting parts of the game.

When faced with options: easing up entry level to the end-game and/but reducing value of some expensive mons(expensive for no good reason, only because genderless breeding was not updated with new breeding changes) VS keeping status quo and let forum still complain on the same problems for years to come, I think it's clear which option is better in the long run. 

Im sorry for your lost yens because of changes, Im sure some people lost much more than me, but leaving problems because some rich dudes dont want to lost more than others is not way to go (in my opinion).

Im not pretending i know correct answers and this is the best way to tackle the problem but any steps torwards the goal, even the crooked ones, are better than sitting on status quo because someone will lose more than others 

Heres why the update is bad:

* it removes 2 extremely solid money making methods

* it moves away from vanilla mechanics

Breeding a hidden power poke can be considered the peak of breeding in a skill based way.  Luckily the breeding mechanics here make it much easier to breed the mon and hardly relies on luck unless the player decides so.  Even so, only a few pokemon even utilize hidden power effectively and also have the proper basestats/typing to support it.  This makes the move a niche.  Only top level players will want to or be able to use hp properly.  These players are already willing to drop the bills necessary to get a good mon.   And this also counts as an investment, so if they grow tired of said dank comp, they can just flip it for a similar possibly even higher value. 

Now for the other money making method.  Ditto farming. 

If there was a backbone to the GTL i would say its dittos.  They were needed by genderless and non genderless alike. Because of the nature of breeding genderless mons players were greatly incentivized to hunt them.  But hunting them wasnt even necessarily cheap, each ditto requiring an ultra ball.  This led to a missive flood of dittos on the GTL, benefiting everyone.  For new players they could easily make a genderless comp, natured, only a few stats from perfect in everystat and perfect in 2.  For rich players they could buy and trade rare dittos and genderless breeds as the highest form of an investment in this game.

By taking away these money making methods it takes away from the market aspect greatly while offering much less rewarding things in its place.  With the Hidden Abilities fiasco on the horizon, old members are only going to take so much of this abuse, seeing as many comp mons will be rendered maybe half of its value from that.