Why does Sweet Scent consume 5PP from ALL party members?

If you have more than one pokemon in your party, and one uses Sweet Scent, all the pokemon in your party that have Sweet Scent lose 5PP. Why?

What's the motivation for removing PP when using Sweet Scent in the first place? Let alone 5 PP? It makes grinding really tedious for no apparent benefit.

5 minutes ago, Suchipi said:

What's the logical motivation to prevent users from spamming hordes? They can currently do so with Pokemon center visits between each 4th horde. So all this does is make it inconvenient.

This gives Leppa Berries and other PP-restoring items a PvE use, which gives value to the work of the berry farmers that grow and sell them.

3 minutes ago, GodofKawaii said:

this is an mmo easy grinding is what they try to prevent us from doing also i think oran berries are still what  people use to make blue pokeblocks to evolve feebas to milotic

WHAT? Could you say that again please? Let me go down the list of MMOs i've played. World of Warcraft, doesn't do anything to prevent easy grinding. If I want to skin a billion raptors and sell the leather there is nothing that prevents me from doing that. That gets me thousands of gold painlessly because those raptors are very easy to kill. Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO that uses the concept of 'waiting' to try and prevent easy grinding of stuff. Trying to get gear for raiding? you can only get so many tokens per week. Trying to make money with crafting mats? The best ones (see:used to make food/potions that are used in endgame raiding) have like a 30 minute timer between the node spawns. Does any of that matter? no. Because if I want to mindlessly make money I can just solo low level dungeons and sell the gear for gil.

Meanwhile Pokemmo has actively made everything as inconvenient as possible. Trying to play through the game? Here's a pointless freaking level cap and every other wild pokemon battle is a horde of Boldore. Trying to level up at the end of the game? You have to wait an hour between every attempt at fighting the Emerald/Fire Red elite four. Trying to build a team that can beat the elite four despite the level cap? "The ability Moxie is not yet implemented" "The effect of Heal Pulse is not yet implemented" There are a lot of useful moves and abilities that have yet to be implemented, heck I'm pretty sure Fake Out is not yet implemented because I've fought a lot of Liepards and have yet to even see Fake Out. And then instead of implementing moves Pokemmo decides to implement Horde Battles. Horde battles are a pain in the ass when you're just trying to play the game, I don't want to fight three boldore I just want to get through this cave. However when you finally go "ok I'm gonna try this grinding thing and this is what horde battles exist for in the first place" but jokes on you, better use three PP ups on a freaking Foongus so you can do 6 horde battles instead of 4. Then when a reasonable person who has played every single pokemon game on release goes "wait a minute, this seems like total bullshit" the response is "We have to make Leppa berries have value while preventing people from hunting shinies easily and grinding is supposed to be hard"

GRINDING IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE TIME. GRINDING IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A ENDLESS LOOP OF TRYING TO WORK AROUND STUPID DECISIONS. If I want a shiny in a pokemon game I put a french ditto in the daycare and eventually I'll have a 6IV shiny chinchou. If I want a shiny in Pokemmo I have to spend 10k and burn two pokemon just to get one egg. Or I can do Horde battles to get a shiny but have to deal with a 1/30,000 chance meanwhile I have to go to the pokemon center every six battles or spend infinite money on freaking leppa berries.

I haven't bothered with Pokemmo's berry system but I'm sure its equally bullshit compared to "plant a berry, water it, then come back to pick 12 Leppa berries". You're saying berries should have value? Why? Why should berries have value? So that people can justify going through all the hoops you make them jump through to get 12 Leppa berries? How about not adding a bunch of unnecessary hoops and just let people flood their inventory with a thousand leppa berries.

"Its an MMO its supposed to have an ecomony and a lot of the above is so that the economy stays healthy" So because of that if I want a Life Orb I have to go through six and a half thousand freaking battles instead of playing a real pokemon game and riding mantine once? Oh but instead of going through "six and a half thousand freaking battles" I can hop on your auction house and buy a life orb for just over 100k. Wait 100k equals 6400 BP? That seems a little low doesn't it? Ok what about the choice items, those are also high demand in competitive battles, 9,800 BP for ~200k. So relative to the life orb's price that seems like a reasonable ratio, costs more bp but sells for double. Meanwhile thanks to a bunch of other hoops its a hassle to grind for that much money. So wait a minute the BP price increase is to make items worth more $$ but the elite four are on timers and pay day doesn't work so that the $$ is harder to get and thus worth more? If you kept the BP prices at their normal amount and didn't make money annoying surely you would be in the same place but with smaller numbers? Or heck you could even have the same sell prices because the money's easier to get so you can get away with demanding a million pokedollars for a life orb.

None of this matters. Its a pokemon game. The interesting thing about pokemon games is competitive battling, not because its a feat of patience to get a competitive team (it isn't by the way, hacked pokemon are incredibly common and literally nobody cares as long as they aren't something like a sableye with wonderguard) Competitive battleing is interesting because you have to design teams that will beat everyone else. Actually putting that team together is supposed to be pretty simple. Get your dittos, equip your power items, spend 20 minutes in S.O.S. battles run through the elite four once and you'll have a team ready. But put online functionality that allows more than one player to stand in the overworld in and suddenly all that is unreasonable? Suddenly farming berries isn't a thing that everybody does? Suddenly we have to make every single step of every single process a pain in the ass? Pokemmo isn't charging a subscription fee its not like they make more money by making everything take forever. Every little stupid change Pokemmo makes ONLY accomplishes making it harder for casual people to just freaking play pokemon with their friends. Just let me sweep through Black and White with a level 100 Archeops? I can do that in the real game, why the hell should it be different here?

well im sorry you felt like you needed to write a novel but i believe your wrong about fake out if you would try it first but as for the other part of the wall maybe staff can understand and explain things better since im just a simple player whos knowledge shouldnt be taken 100% for granted

If items/shiny's/whatever else where as easy to obtain as in the regular games they would no longer hold any value. An Item that is easy to obtain = little profit, and if everything has little profit there is no market. Pokemon is more than just competitive battling so changing everything to only accommodate it would be terrible and would lose majority of the playerbase

while he obviously went overboard, he does make some good points.

with every update this game alters a bunch of tiny aspects, which makes it more grindy.

ofc its all connected, so if you change one aspect (trainer payout/berry ratio/lucky egg/etc), you have to fine tune all the others.

there needs to be this golden balance of fun/grind/endgame/achievement/social interaction, and i dont think pokemmo has quite reached it yet.

• 4 years later...

I dont think its better nowdays as there is little information about new ways to grind. There is a lot of outdated content, people arent sharing knoledge like before. This discossion is right, there is something wrong happening here.

Grind some itens are supposed to be getting for profit, but there are itens dont worth the leppa. Leppa is overofferted, its making people grind leppa to profit itens not the opposite. Its better to grind leppa -> Amulet -> farm money then buy leppa / Amulet -> farm money.

Of course its not in every case, of course there must be better ways to grind by buying leppa instead, but its not so clear, not well documented and make unpleasant to find the "right" way to grind. I mean, its not straight foward and make hard to new people to get used.