How populated is the game rn?

Hi everyone, 
I came around to see how the game has changed over the last year ( I think last time I played was around 2016 christmas), since apparently there's a new region etc. 
Problem is that the game seems deserted, what happened ?

Where do people hangout, why is /channel so empty ? Even the pvp ladder seems abandoned

Well the ladder holds no value as nobody really cares much about rankeds, so it's a bunch of randoms and people who abuse it with 900+ games in the ladder.

/channel is dead because there's /global now I guess, plus it was always pretty meh, you see the same 3 or 4 people talking all the time I guess. Idk if the game is growing or not, but there's new people so I'd guess it is.

It's just desu and his bots that play this game.

Anyway,

10 hours ago, aeeaeeaaa said:

Problem is that the game seems deserted, what happened ?

Lack of updates, no hidden abilities etc. I, for one, don't want to invest in breeding to see it change when the new update hits.

Shiny hunting(no skill mmo)is apparently the way people get excited these days. When the most boring part of the game is getting the most attention, it drives away anyone who wants to stay.

The game is filled with non interactive grind, hence people afk and talk with friends/play a better(more interactive) game. 

The storyline is good and they have increased the sense of challenge, but the end game content is still borderline non-existent.

13 hours ago, Bishav said:

It's just desu and his bots that play this game.

Anyway,

Lack of updates, no hidden abilities etc. I, for one, don't want to invest in breeding to see it change when the new update hits.

Shiny hunting(no skill mmo)is apparently the way people get excited these days. When the most boring part of the game is getting the most attention, it drives away anyone who wants to stay.

The game is filled with non interactive grind, hence people afk and talk with friends/play a better(more interactive) game. 

The storyline is good and they have increased the sense of challenge, but the end game content is still borderline non-existent.

^In short i don't want to play because^

-Game is still updating slowly you either play while it updates or don't play at all.

(P.s hi bishav come online once and a while, some interesting things are going on where i am.)

On 2/19/2018 at 11:11 PM, jerryzoo said:

(P.s hi bishav come online once and a while, some interesting things are going on where i am.)

Double XP weekend on RuneScape, but yeah surely will hop on in March sometime.

Gotta flip all the rare vanities I've collected for profit.