Jump to content
  • 8

Add Information Stamps on the Vanity Items which need it


Akshit

Question

So we have got many vanity items which are time limited acquired through a specific year Goodie Bag or XMAS Present but fail to provide any information about it.

I believe these items need to have the correct stamp (like Seasonal / Time Limited) on them so people know that if the specific item was exclusive to a time period or will it be rolled back next year or somewhere in the future with an event.

 

Vanity Items play a huge role in the economy, and the stamp would not only clear the doubts a person has about the item's exclusivity, but would also prevent chances of scam when one buys a product believing it to be time limited, when it actually is Seasonal. (Something that has happened a lot with Winged Heart Backpack as many overpaid or overbought it thinking its going to be a Time Limited Vanity Item, an issue which could have been prevented with a simple stamp giving correct information)

 

These are just the stamps I believe are true to the Vanity and need to be added. Please correct me if I am wrong or have missed something.

 

Hats:

(Different Type) Elfbot Hats

Ghost Costume

Gingerbread Hood

Vampire Fangs

Holly Hairclip

Sleigh Bell Ribbons

 

Back Items:

Scythe

Candy Cane

Gingerbread Man

Winged Heart Backpack

Witch's Broomstick

 

Tops:

(Different Type) Elfbot Outfit

Gingerbread Costume

Skeleton Costume

Edited by Akshit
'Event Only' hypeeeeeeeee *_*
Link to post

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
17 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Hats:

(Different Type) Elfbot Hats - Seasonal / Time Limited ? 

Ghost Costume - Time Limited

Gingerbread Hood - Seasonal / Time Limited ?

Vampire Fangs - Time Limited

Sleigh Bell Ribbons - Seasonal / Time Limited ?

 

Back Items:

Scythe - Time Limited

Candy Cane - Time Limited

Gingerbread Man - Seasonal / Time Limited ?

Winged Heart Backpack - Seasonal

Witch's Broomstick - Time Limited

 

Tops:

(Different Type) Elfbot Outfit - Seasonal / Time Limited ? 

Gingerbread Costume - Seasonal / Time Limited ? 

Skeleton Costume - Seasonal / Time Limited ?

I'm unsure why you've listed all of the event items as 'Time limited', when we already have a particular categorization for event items.

They're different from 'Time Limited' items because they're not sold in the Gift Shop, and we don't know for sure that they'll never make a return.

As I've told you already, the Winged Heart Backpack is due to be fixed next update - but we won't put out an update for a vanity tag alone.

 

As for any other vanity items, I shall go over and check if they are missing any tags.

 

Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

I'm unsure why you've listed all of the event items as 'Time limited', when we already have a particular categorization for event items.

They're different from 'Time Limited' items because they're not sold in the Gift Shop, and we don't know for sure that they'll never make a return.

What is this categorization for event items.. cause information wise, ingame, those items look ordinary just as any other.

People buy and sell Candy Cane, Scythe, etc for 4m or so using their ingame currency believing them to be Time Limited.

Because it clearly said on the Goodie Bag / XMAS Present , 'May contain exclusive items for Christmas / Halloween 20XX'

So how are we to know which exactly are these exclusive items ? And if you are not sure if they will never make a return; why claim they are exclusive to that very year's Goodie Bag or XMAS Present ? That sounds like misinformation (almost scam).

Stamp should not be just exclusive to items being bought for RPs. Their job is simple, to provide correct information, RP or non RP.

Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Akshit said:

What is this categorization for event items.. cause information wise, ingame, those items look ordinary just as any other.

People buy and sell Candy Cane, Scythe, etc for 4m or so using their ingame currency believing them to be Time Limited.

Because it clearly said on the Goodie Bag / XMAS Present , 'May contain exclusive items for Christmas / Halloween 20XX'

So how are we to know which exactly are these exclusive items ? And if you are not sure if they will never make a return; why claim they are exclusive to that very year's Goodie Bag or XMAS Present ? That sounds like misinformation (almost scam).

Stamp should not be just exclusive to items being bought for RPs. Their job is simple, to provide correct information, RP or non RP.

They're exclusive to events, that's the categorization.

 

 

Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

They're exclusive to events, that's the categorization.

Maybe create a new stamp then, on the item itself, 'Exclusive to Halloween / Christmas 20XX' ?

This would also help a person know which Goodie Bag / XMAS Present to buy from the past if they are hunting for a specific Exclusive Vanity Item.

Link to post
  • 0

Good suggestion, i can see how it can be useful to alot of people, e.g.

 

1. Making sure everyone gets the right info to prevent people from getting ripped off

 

2. Gives people the knowledge on whether a certain item will be coming back, this will then let them either buy it from the GTL or wait until the event comes around and buy it from the gift shop

 

 

On 18/02/2018 at 12:42 PM, Darkshade said:

I'm unsure why you've listed all of the event items as 'Time limited', when we already have a particular categorization for event items.

 

I am rather confused by this as : 

1bs8t75.png

03MBLic.png

Shouldn't there be something on the gingerbread hood one under the name? Or did i just misunderstand your use of the word categorisation? 

Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

Good suggestion, i can see how it can be useful to alot of people, e.g.

 

1. Making sure everyone gets the right info to prevent people from getting ripped off

 

2. Gives people the knowledge on whether a certain item will be coming back, this will then let them either buy it from the GTL or wait until the event comes around and buy it from the gift shop

 

 

I am rather confused by this as : 

1bs8t75.png

03MBLic.png

Shouldn't there be something on the gingerbread hood one under the name? Or did i just misunderstand your use of the word categorisation? 

We believe this is currently bugged atm as it's not showing the category for it in game If what @Darkshade says is accurate

Link to post
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

We believe this is currently bugged atm as it's not showing the category for it in game If what @Darkshade says is accurate

Kiz is correct, we've had an 'Event' flag for literally years, but apparently it's not been visible.

Needless to say, we're correcting this in the coming update.

Link to post
  • 0
34 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Kiz is correct, we've had an 'Event' flag for literally years, but apparently it's not been visible.

Needless to say, we're correcting this in the coming update.

So the 'Event' flag on an item means that its not returning, and was there only for a specific event ?

Or is it just a general tag meaning it might return when the event happens again next year ?

 

Because the exclusivity of the item needs to be pointed out;

On 2/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, Akshit said:

Maybe create a new stamp then, on the item itself, 'Exclusive to Halloween / Christmas 20XX' ?

This would also help a person know which Goodie Bag / XMAS Present to buy from the past if they are hunting for a specific Exclusive Vanity Item.

Cause this

On 2/18/2018 at 6:12 PM, Darkshade said:

we don't know for sure that they'll never make a return.

is just unfair & not right when

On 2/18/2018 at 6:23 PM, Akshit said:

it clearly said on the Goodie Bag / XMAS Present , 'May contain exclusive items for Christmas / Halloween 20XX'

 

Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Akshit said:

So the 'Event' flag on an item means that its not returning, and was there only for a specific event ?

Or is it just a general tag meaning it might return when the event happens again next year ?

It means 'it is exclusive to an event', it doesn't say anything about whether it will be re-used in other events.

It's unlikely that they will - but this year we almost ended up reusing last years Halloween Event.

We don't want to commit to the claim that they'll never be given out again.

Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

It means 'it is exclusive to an event', it doesn't say anything about whether it will be re-used in other events.

It's unlikely that they will - but this year we almost ended up reusing last years Halloween Event.

We don't want to commit to the claim that they'll never be given out again.

So there isn't anything actually exclusive then is it ?

Wow, so items like Scythe, Candy Cane, etc have a chance of being brought back ? 

Maybe stop using the term 'exclusive' on the Goodie Bags & XMAS Presents then...

Or remove the year mentioned in front of them since they can pretty much make an appearance in the future Goodie Bag / XMAS Present too.

 

8 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We don't want to commit to the claim that they'll never be given out again.

Why not ? Its exclusive. Whats so hard in confirming it being exclusive ? Cause bringing it back would mean it is not exclusive, and you lied.

Do staff / DEV get banned for lying since scamming is illegal now ? lol

 

Anyway yeah..

Perhaps you should decide if an item will be exclusive or not before releasing it in the market claiming it is exclusive.

Do I get a refund for my losses buying all those exclusive items in the past when they hit the market again ? Nope I do not.

Perhaps instead of being not sure about the ones you have already released, give them the exclusivity and the tag as it was clearly advertised as an exclusive item.

 

Even if you decide to not have any item to be exclusive to a specific year's event, go for it, but for the future items, not for the past ones which are supposed to be exclusive.

And maybe for future be more truthful & decide whether to repeat an item or not, before you have people spending their ingame currency (which many acquire by selling RPs they got using real money) for an item which is not exclusive as it was claimed & believed to be.

Link to post
  • 0
On 2/20/2018 at 6:13 AM, redspawn said:

Is there any chance you could also place a tag for items bought from npcs ingame? 

This might help too as many new players are fooled into believing they are buying something rather rare buying NPC mart items for ridiculously high prices.

And since most of the NPC mart Vanities do not show up on Gift Shop and many times not on GTL either, how are they to know its actually sold in a mart somewhere and is not an exclusive event vanity or some other form of rare vanity, as we don't even have any differentiation flags right now stating the exclusivity of vanities which are exclusive.

Edited by Akshit
Link to post
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Akshit said:

@Darkshade

Add the year in bracket in front of the 'Event Only'... so that one knows what event year it was exclusive to.

As I said, we're not comitting to a year - but also it''s more work to have a separate one for each.

 

32 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Also you forgot to add it on Candy Cane, still looks like this:

yqRjL4b.png

 

Fixed next update, thanks for letting me know.

Link to post
  • 0
16 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

As I said, we're not comitting to a year - but also it''s more work to have a separate one for each.

Okay I will accept it then, that they might come back and live in the suspense hoping for them not to, at-least got the Event stamp working so main issue is addressed.

 

16 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Fixed next update, thanks for letting me know.

Sure, no problem. Just doing my civic duties.

 

Thanks for replying, getting the stamp put, and clearing all my queries.

You may lock this thread now I guess, and put it into the Suggestion archive as a separate Event tag has been implemented for them.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.