Need help making a team around Ferrothorn, Hydreigon and Reuniclus!

I have these 3 pokemon and I would like to make a team with them. I need some suggestions of what my other 3 pokemon should be! ^_^. I'm really new to competitive pokemon so I don't really know anything.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

-Dark Pulse

-Dragon Pulse

-Earthpower

-Flamethrower

IVs:

76815347b41f81e5ac47f77f5d548497.png

Reuniclus @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 Def

Bold Nature

-Recover

-Calm Mind

-Focus Blast

-Psyshock

IVs:

dfe655208f8b23fd6f4d1338ee366325.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def

Relaxed Nature

-Leech Seed

-Stealth Rocks

-Gyroball

-Power Whip

IVs:

146be50c3275c2766e7c698bc6d11e75.png

Your team already starts with a very nice core. You made a great start by picking 3 top tier pokemons to begin with, now the choice is up to you- if you want to go more offensive, or more defensive.

Regardless, you have to consider throwing a poke able to tank Volcarona. You cannot be weak to one of metagame's greatest threats. If you wish to go offensively, Gyarados would be a good choice- however it is only a check and not a counter. Dragonite might be able to tank +1 HP Rock or deal a massive damage with ESpeed (around 75% I believe). Fast scarf users like Salamence would be able to finish the job as well.

The sets and spreads on your pokemon look fine, aside from lack of Focus Blast on Hydreigon (preferably for Earth Power). It's a horrible move which I really hate due to it's low accuracy but unfortunately it's really needed unless you want to be walled by more hydreigons and not have a weapon against Blissey.

Offensively wise, I would probably pick Gyarados out there. It also pairs pretty well with Ferrothorn.

Hydreigon / Ferro/ Reuniclus/ Gyara already looks very promising. Another poke I would throw in here is a Mamoswine, either CB or orb. Mamo gives you a very strong priority which your team lacks, in ice shard, and a wonderful STAB coverage which would surely help out bringing down walls.

Last slot could be a spinner or defogger as your team would be really hurt by hazards. Few pokes could fulfill this role- Tenta, Starmie, Crobat (yes, Crobat), Gliscor, Skarm. I think I would put Starmie in there- Scald is almost always a good weapon against offensive teams, it gives you a very decent speed control and possible spin.

Defensively wise you'd have to ask some wallfgts who run stall or heavy defense. Probably stuff like mantine, blissey, skarmory etc but I don't want to expand on this topic as I don't have much experience running stall in our MMO metagame.

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

Your team already starts with a very nice core. You made a great start by picking 3 top tier pokemons to begin with, now the choice is up to you- if you want to go more offensive, or more defensive.

Regardless, you have to consider throwing a poke able to tank Volcarona. You cannot be weak to one of metagame's greatest threats. If you wish to go offensively, Gyarados would be a good choice- however it is only a check and not a counter. Dragonite might be able to tank +1 HP Rock or deal a massive damage with ESpeed (around 75% I believe). Fast scarf users like Salamence would be able to finish the job as well.

The sets and spreads on your pokemon look fine, aside from lack of Focus Blast on Hydreigon (preferably for Earth Power). It's a horrible move which I really hate due to it's low accuracy but unfortunately it's really needed unless you want to be walled by more hydreigons and not have a weapon against Blissey.

Offensively wise, I would probably pick Gyarados out there. It also pairs pretty well with Ferrothorn.

Hydreigon / Ferro/ Reuniclus/ Gyara already looks very promising. Another poke I would throw in here is a Mamoswine, either CB or orb. Mamo gives you a very strong priority which your team lacks, in ice shard, and a wonderful STAB coverage which would surely help out bringing down walls.

Last slot could be a spinner or defogger as your team would be really hurt by hazards. Few pokes could fulfill this role- Tenta, Starmie, Crobat (yes, Crobat), Gliscor, Skarm. I think I would put Starmie in there- Scald is almost always a good weapon against offensive teams, it gives you a very decent speed control and possible spin.

Defensively wise you'd have to ask some wallfgts who run stall or heavy defense. Probably stuff like mantine, blissey, skarmory etc but I don't want to expand on this topic as I don't have much experience running stall in our MMO metagame.

Thanks a lot man. Great suggestions!

I think I will settle for Hydreigon / Ferro / Reuniclus / Gyrados / Mamo / Gliscor

Just now, talkmc said:

Thanks a lot man. Great suggestions!

I think I will settle for Hydreigon / Ferro / Reuniclus / Gyrados / Mamo / Gliscor

Be vary- you still have only one answer to Volcarona in your entire team. I would prefer an offensive water-type like Tenta or Starmie instead of Gliscor, as Glis is usually used as a counter to Conk. Starmie's faster than volcarona and Tenta can tank it's attacks a bit.

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

Dragonite might be able to tank +1 HP Rock

He can if there's no rocks on the field, but I wouldn't call it a viable switch in, as she can carry hp ice aswell.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 138-164 (83.1 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

He's however a really nice tool to revenge kill volcarona as espeed deals 67-80%, I don't use dnite much, idk really if the meta here is bulky dnite or speed dnite, so went with speed on the calc.

I'd advice a mantine on the gyarados slot or gliscor, not only it provides you with defog, but also haze, which is massive when dealing with stuff like volcarona. toxic seismic toss blissey also probably does well vs volcarona, I believe you can outstall her. Not only I advice because of that, but only because you literally have no special wall on your team which will hinder your gameplay a bit vs a few teams.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.