Why were these resized?

ItsPlex

Question

I remember back in 2014 when Steelix + Wailord had big following sprites and now they have gotten small for some reason? What is wrong with their followers being too big? Now i have a puny Steelix and whale mon following me like they both are meant to be big why are you denying them their right! I am sure amongst the community will agree with me when we say they deserve to be bigger, and I am sure they are more comment which other ones you come up with below. Now Billa attempted to fix this issue with his mod which fixed the size but now I have no sparkles. It is a no win win situation :(

7 answers to this question

I've noticed this is kinda off since the unova update, suddenly wailmer is bigger than wailord and onix is bigger than steelix in kanto & hoenn. Looks bad af tbh.

For reference:

akNRmEU.png

V9zLHil.png

I'm sure it has something to do with their sprites in unova vs hoenn/kanto. Like for example, if they made them normal size in Kanto/Hoenn then they would be MASSIVE in unova, but just a guess. A fix would be nice if it's posible

Edited by awkways

The reason is the new possibility to edit follower sprites and their sprites are bigger then 32x32. In the old system 64x64 were 64x64 ingame, now they are scaled down to match the same size. With the new system it may be possible to create high definiton follower sprites.

But I think the devs can add a feature to create a exception for these two sprites, when no mod is used. 

Don't worry, I'll add sparkles to these 2 sprites when I got some time.

And just if anyone is curious, here is how I fixed this issue:

How it currently is

Mo6jkze.png

How it should be

PTfzWo6.png  ONbr9Sw.png  awUuzYw.png  sLy1zlg.png

Edited by Billla
3 minutes ago, ItsPlex said:

Darkshade how do you not remember I am sure I am not the only one who remembers that steelix used to be bigger.

Yes, but it wasn't in 2014. It was just previous the unova update, which was in 2017.

Edited by Billla
On 17.2.2018 at 11:25 PM, awkways said:

I've noticed this is kinda off since the unova update, suddenly wailmer is bigger than wailord and onix is bigger than steelix in kanto & hoenn. Looks bad af tbh.

For reference:

akNRmEU.png

V9zLHil.png

I'm sure it has something to do with their sprites in unova vs hoenn/kanto. Like for example, if they made them normal size in Kanto/Hoenn then they would be MASSIVE in unova, but just a guess. A fix would be nice if it's posible

Wow this looks bad