Why is "Manetic" the bad pokemon teir?

easy to wall, no bulk, jolteon exists, and overall went from okish to meh.

3 minutes ago, sakuramyu said:

sense when are lightening types with alot of sp-att and speed bulky i mean jolteon for one isn't very bulky

Please, compare stats of one to another, jolteon as a way above average speed compared to manectric, as access to a lot of support moves, and is great offensively.

Manectric faces a lot of competition from Jolteon as a fast, hard-hitting electric type. Jolteon outpaces all of OU and UU (speed tying with Aerodactyl and Crobat) without needing to run Choice Scarf. Jolteon also hits a little bit harder by default, and since Choice Scarf is redundant on it, it often runs Choice Specs or Life Orb for even more power.

Manectric has a niche in doubles as Lightningrod redirects electric type moves to protect its teammates. In singles though, all it has over Jolteon is access to Flamethrower, which is arguably not worth the worse stats.

23 minutes ago, redspawn said:

easy to wall, no bulk, jolteon exists, and overall went from okish to meh.

Please, compare stats of one to another, jolteon as a way above average speed compared to manectric, as access to a lot of support moves, and is great offensively.

Ya Magnetic gets flamethrower ton other fire moves ya jolteon out speed it by 61 points. manectic has max speed of 331  but Jolteon does "Not" great move pool its is very "mono" you have 2-3 moves that are electic on that thigh

Manectic has lightening rod watch is better then volt asborb

Manectric @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Flamethrower  
- Thunderbolt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Volt Switch

Cons

Manatic - Max Speed is 331 watch is slower then Jolteon by 61 points

Manatic - Has more Abilities/Type Coverage then Jolteon 

Manatic - Has Lightening Rod - watch is 10 times as powerful then volt asborb 

Manatic - Has a base power 301 if lightening rod procs its over 450+ even beats jolteon in power dont get me started on choice specs manetic

Manatic - still has great speed out speed most pokeon in OU specially when scarfed

Jolteon-

Great Stats -

Has Moves like Shadowball/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Ice *(doesn't cover as much as Manatic does) problem here is shadow ball is only super-effective against 2 types

what seriously you gonna wish on a jolteon it will die on first hit it takes even thou does have supportive moves whos gonna use them on pokemon can not take more then one hit come on

has more base power most likely will use choice specs. but that means nothing if your player switches into a ground type. thunderbolt immune volt tackle immune whats shadow ball gonna do natural damage. have to use hidden power ice it wont kill 

at least with manatic you can handle steel types who think they can wall you

Ferrothorn will get reckt this is a huge threat in OU. their alot pokemon in OU don't want take a flamethrower from a manatic - watch are community used.

-> Ferrothron

-> Scissor

-> Metagross

-> Lucario

-> Bishap

-> Exadrill

-> Magnetzone

-> Forretress

-> Venusaur

-> Breloom

-> Jynx

Edited by sakuramyu

Tiers are generally defined by usage.

IE, if nobody uses manectric in OU, it will be UU.

If two pokemon do virtually the same thing (ie jolteon and manectric) but one is better than the other-- one will be used, and the other won't.

Not to say that manec can't work in OU, it's just that people will use jolteon instead.

Meaning, it will end up falling to UU due to poor usage despite possible viability in OU.

It's the same with many other pokemon who have decent stats, but have a competitor that does the same thing.

Edited by Eggplant

I don't know why, it should not triggers me as much but I have pity for those kind of random new players who struggles to win one duel out of three, who never won anything and who doesn't know anything about the tiers and the metagame but they still talk like every single of their poor ideas are relevant.

Grow up kids and listen to the experienced players for the sake of yourself.

Edited by Sashaolin
22 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

I don't know why, it should not triggers me as much but I have pity for those kind of random new players who struggles to win one duel out of three, who never won anything and who doesn't know anything about the tiers and the metagame but they still talk like every single of their poor ideas are relevant.

Grow up kids and listen to the experienced players for the sake of yourself.

but then how will the break and innovate the meta :^)

1 minute ago, DeadGorilla said:

but then how will the break and innovate the meta :^)

You can't innovate anything with such nonsense as "Manectic has lightening rod watch is better then volt asborb" which is totally wrong unless we're talking about Doubles but we don't.

If you have an idea that seems at first wacky, of course you can try it and see by yourself if it's weak or if it was underrated but before that, you can't act like if it's effective.

5 hours ago, sakuramyu said:

Ferrothorn will get reckt this is a huge threat in OU. their alot pokemon in OU don't want take a flamethrower from a manatic - watch are community used.

-> Ferrothron ou

-> Scissor ou

-> Metagross ou

-> Lucario ou

-> Bishap ou

-> Exadrill ou

-> Magnetzone ou

-> Forretress uu

-> Venusaur ou i think? @Munya left it out of the forums tier list and i cant recall if 4.23% if ou or uu

-> Breloom ou

-> Jynx nu

im assuming you are talking about manetric in ou since everything but 2 pokes you listed are ou so i got to ask, why the fuck are you using it in ou? if you want fast special attacker then gengar just shits on manetric so bad. and what is manectric going to come in on? their are a lot of better options in ou. and as to your flamethrower argument, i counter with shadow ball

252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 128-152 (97.7 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 118-140 (71.5 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 64-76 (38.7 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 70-84 (53.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and yes manetric *can* run specs however so can zam and zam outspeeds

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric: 153-181 (105.5 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

and even if it didnt

252 SpA Choice Specs Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 103-123 (78.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

so the niche flamethrower is evened out by niche shadowball and then everything else is in jolts favor.

so to answer your question, no one uses it in ou/uu because their are better options unless we are talking uu doubles with discharge spam. jolteon can use specs/orb and is faster and the speed really matters. 

26 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

You can't innovate anything with such nonsense as "Manectic has lightening rod watch is better then volt asborb" which is totally wrong unless we're talking about Doubles but we don't.

If you have an idea that seems at first wacky, of course you can try it and see by yourself if it's weak or if it was underrated but before that, you can't act like if it's effective.

> :^)

but yeah metas meta for a reason. most efficient tactic available.  not saying you cant go outside of the meta, but shits still gotta make sense. and "manetic" dont make sense.  shit like pyuku and ribombee are very clearly not ou caliber mons, but still fit into the tier decently.

1 hour ago, sakuramyu said:

what seriously you gonna wish on a jolteon it will die on first hit it takes  

just saying has an eevee lover i know the stats of them fairly well and i can tell you that jolteon has actually pretty good sp def (115 at lvl 50) so it can live a hit from a special attacker since you are aware of that if you have one you will avoid phisical move 

1 hour ago, sakuramyu said:

but that means nothing if your player switches into a ground type. thunderbolt immune volt tackle immune whats shadow ball gonna do natural damage. have to use hidden power ice it wont kill 

2 thing about that, first jolteon cannot learn volt tackle (it has awfull atk stats anyway) and second most ground type are more specialized in def and have a sp def not that good so a jolteon with choice spec could one shot a ground type with hp ice

and if you want to come with the argument about steel type again electric is one of the 2 type that does neutral damage to steel and steel usually also has poor sp def wich doesn't make jolteon totally useless against it