Allow us to buy 3 extra party slots

codylramey

Question

I hope im doing this right, still not completely use to the new forums but the button that use to say "start a new topic" now says "ask a question." Thats the only button i saw so that is the one i pressed to start this topic.

ANYWAY... I was thinking about how nice it would be to have (at least) 3 extra slots beside our party slot to do thing like hold my egg or the next breeders in line while having a full team of comps out. Its just a quality of life change for the game that you could put in the gift shop. I would pay money for that. Hell if you wanted to give us six slots you could allow us to switch which party is active on a whim.

3 minutes ago, Kite said:

I already told you, especially in PvP then players can make teams with every answer under the sun. Then you have to add 3 more pokemon to the NPCs to accommodate the 3 extra slots. It isn't that hard to figure out. Your suggestion is bad simple as that. 

you cant use the extra 3 pokemon during battle. Thats what i meant by they are inactive.

8 hours ago, Kite said:

Does not matter it is still 3 extra slots. 

This has gotten ridiculous, you say that 3 extra slots will cause a need for rebalance of pvp and pve, i explain that you cant use the pokemon in the 3 extra slots in battle, you say it doesnt matter. You have failed to explain how having 3 extra slots that you cant use in battle will cause a need for a rebalance for pvp an pve.

7 hours ago, codylramey said:

This has gotten ridiculous, you say that 3 extra slots will cause a need for rebalance of pvp and pve, i explain that you cant use the pokemon in the 3 extra slots in battle, you say it doesnt matter. You have failed to explain how having 3 extra slots that you cant use in battle will cause a need for a rebalance for pvp an pve.

You're still asking for Extra Slots. Nuff said. doesn't matter what you use them for. 

Making it easier/faster to breed will affect the economy.  Even if the breeding changes trade 2 (parents) for a child to balance things out, having people do that too often will lead to too many 'perfect IV' Pokemon running around and make getting into competitive matches that much more difficult without buying premade comp pokemon from others.

I'm sure you'd love to cash in massively on that, but keep in mind every other breeder would want to do the same thing and those with money (both real and virtual) would dominate the breeding scene even moreso than they do already.

This is a selfish idea that benefits only a small subset of players that want to multitask instead of making decisions on how they want to use their time.
Breeding is such a huge deal in an MMO environment that 'the other game' decided to exclude it entirely.

Edited by Daedalus007
7 hours ago, Kite said:

You're still asking for Extra Slots. Nuff said. doesn't matter what you use them for. 

Let me explain your line of logic using a different example than the one at hand

You: My carpet is fuzzy therefore it will snow toda

Me: Please explain to me why your carpet being fuzzy will cause it to snow

You: Because its fuzzy, nuf said.

You either dense, a troll, or one of those people who cant admit when hes wrong even tho his wrongness is blatant and obvious. Either way you have no valid points so i am done with you.

3 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

Making it easier/faster to breed will affect the economy.  Even if the breeding changes trade 2 (parents) for a child to balance things out, having people do that too often will lead to too many 'perfect IV' Pokemon running around and make getting into competitive matches that much more difficult without buying premade comp pokemon from others.

I'm sure you'd love to cash in massively on that, but keep in mind every other breeder would want to do the same thing and those with money (both real and virtual) would dominate the breeding scene even moreso than they do already.

This is a selfish idea that benefits only a small subset of players that want to multitask instead of making decisions on how they want to use their time.
Breeding is such a huge deal in an MMO environment that 'the other game' decided to exclude it entirely.

This doesnt make getting 31s or any other comps any easier. It just gives you something else to do while breeding. If anything it makes competitive battling more active because you can do that while waiting on eggs.

16 hours ago, codylramey said:

Let me explain your line of logic using a different example than the one at hand

You: My carpet is fuzzy therefore it will snow toda

Me: Please explain to me why your carpet being fuzzy will cause it to snow

You: Because its fuzzy, nuf said.

You either dense, a troll, or one of those people who cant admit when hes wrong even tho his wrongness is blatant and obvious. Either way you have no valid points so i am done with you.

This doesnt make getting 31s or any other comps any easier. It just gives you something else to do while breeding. If anything it makes competitive battling more active because you can do that while waiting on eggs.

No idea what toda is. Must be new lingo.

Doesn't matter what your reasoning is. You're still offering extra party slots which would be used for battling. Nuff said. 

20 hours ago, codylramey said:

Giving a player something else to do while breeding will make breeding faster and more convenient since it can be done far more often.

Do you see where I'm going with this?  If something in a game is faster, easier, more convenient, etc then it will happen more often meaning more people getting into breeding and therefore more breeding in the economy and a higher 'supply' (leading to lower prices).

If you are a breeder, you might not want a change that makes it easier for others to breed (even if you'd benefit) since it would drive down prices.

RNG is RNG but with encounter-step-counters and such it makes it much more predictable than a more pseudo-random custom system in the 'other game'.

Edited by Daedalus007

Unlike with kite, i see your logic and where you are coming from. I just dont think its going to be the problem you think it is. Being able to battle while breeding, imo, isnt going to cause a comp flood. If i need or want to make a comp ill just take the time to breed and forego comp until its done. Ibe never once put off breeding something i needed bc i couldnt comp while doing it. I usually clean or do something irl while breeding. This suggestion is to give us something in game to do while breeding.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, codylramey said:

Unlike with kite, i see your logic and where you are coming from. I just dont think its going to be the problem you think it is. Being able to battle while breeding, imo, isnt going to cause a comp flood. If i need or want to make a comp ill just take the time to breed and forego comp until its done. Ibe never once put off breeding something i needed bc i couldnt comp while doing it. I usually clean or do something irl while breeding. This suggestion is to give us something in game to do while breeding.

Or you know, put 2 things into the day care then go play comp while you wait. 

Does the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Kite said:

Or you know, put 2 things into the day care then go play comp while you wait. 

Does the same thing. 

First you cant hatch eggs like that (which usually takes more time than waiting on the egg does), second, this is a quality of life change more than anything.  Yes, you can put pokemon in the daycare hatch, pull out your comps, play a match, put half your team away, rinse and repeat. But this makes the task of doing this a lot more convenient.

why not take it a step further and let us open the whole box wherever we are? X'D

but for real now... ever since i joined pokemmo in early 2013 i never felt the need to have more than 6 pokemon in my party.
you either breed or you battle. pokemon is a game where you need time, especially on pokemmo since its a mmo afterall .

the only thing i agree with is the boring waiting time for the eggs (both beeing laid and hatched) but you can still hold eggs and go paydaying or farming items where you don't need 6 comps.  

56 minutes ago, RyoOhsora said:

why not take it a step further and let us open the whole box wherever we are? X'D

but for real now... ever since i joined pokemmo in early 2013 i never felt the need to have more than 6 pokemon in my party.
you either breed or you battle. pokemon is a game where you need time, especially on pokemmo since its a mmo afterall .

the only thing i agree with is the boring waiting time for the eggs (both beeing laid and hatched) but you can still hold eggs and go paydaying or farming items where you don't need 6 comps.  

Portable PCs would be cool BUT it still doesn't allow you to hatch eggs while you comp.

"You either breed or you battle" Why does it have to be that way? Battling IS the endgame to this game. Why limit our access to it in such a mundane way? I understand its a mmo and time is an aspect that you have to put into it. But while breeding I don't have many options as to what I can put my time into. You COULD payday grind or search for item but is that really good gameplay? I understand that grind is necessary, but i saw a grind in the game that doesnt have to be as mundane as it is and offered a suggestion that could make it less so. If YOU dont think you would find a need for this suggestion then thats fine. The ocarinas arent for everyone, not everyone cares about vanity items, etc etc. doesnt mean that others wouldnt find use in it.

If it doesnt effect the game negativly, can help some ppl enjoy the game more, and bring revenue to the devs who work on the game i dont see why people are activly against this suggestion.

5 hours ago, codylramey said:

First you cant hatch eggs like that (which usually takes more time than waiting on the egg does), second, this is a quality of life change more than anything.  Yes, you can put pokemon in the daycare hatch, pull out your comps, play a match, put half your team away, rinse and repeat. But this makes the task of doing this a lot more convenient.

I never said anything about eggs being hatched. I'm talking about breeding nuff said.