Allow us to buy 3 extra party slots

codylramey

Question

I hope im doing this right, still not completely use to the new forums but the button that use to say "start a new topic" now says "ask a question." Thats the only button i saw so that is the one i pressed to start this topic.

ANYWAY... I was thinking about how nice it would be to have (at least) 3 extra slots beside our party slot to do thing like hold my egg or the next breeders in line while having a full team of comps out. Its just a quality of life change for the game that you could put in the gift shop. I would pay money for that. Hell if you wanted to give us six slots you could allow us to switch which party is active on a whim.

While the idea holds some promise, there are some issues associated with implementing this in practice.

Mainly due to PvE balancing, it would need to have some restrictions in place.

-The non-active backup party slots would only have to be 'idle' crew and they could only be 'switched' at a Pokemon Center (basically saving the time to go to PC and drag/drop new party members individually).

-If non-active slots held egg(s) then they wouldn't count towards hatching since it would reduce the time constraint on breeding and thus making breeding easier and altering the economy towards lower prices over time.

-I do love the idea of 'one click switch' between one or more 'party setups' at any Pokemon Center without having to go to a PC and do it manually.  It would be ok if this was allowed only while within a Pokemon Center and/or in a room with a PC.  However, allowing this out in the field or during combat would cause severe balancing issues.

-I'm not a fan of putting everything in the Gift Shop.  However, as long as the item/unlock is popular enough and is implemented as a tradeable consumable item that can be listed on Global Link and traded among players, then I am ok with this being a cash shop item.

Wishlist modification: allow for two 'parties' by default and allow players to buy more (up to 12?) as they like.

3 minutes ago, Kite said:

Yeah....but lore says "Hey you can only carry up to 6 pokemon with you."

The lore is not why most people play Pokemon.  :P
Many times in the anime series, there have been villains or other people who break the rules and carry/use more than allowed during proper trainer duels.

Edited by Daedalus007
23 hours ago, Daedalus007 said:

While the idea holds some promise, there are some issues associated with implementing this in practice.

-The non-active backup party slots would only have to be 'idle' crew and they could only be 'switched' at a Pokemon Center (basically saving the time to go to PC and drag/drop new party members individually).

-If non-active slots held egg(s) then they wouldn't count towards hatching since it would reduce the time constraint on breeding and thus making breeding easier and altering the economy towards lower prices over time.

-I do love the idea of 'one click switch' between one or more 'party setups' at any Pokemon Center without having to go to a PC and do it manually.  It would be ok if this was allowed only while within a Pokemon Center and/or in a room with a PC.  However, allowing this out in the field or during combat would cause severe balancing issues.

-I'm not a fan of putting everything in the Gift Shop.  However, as long as the item/unlock is popular enough and is implemented as a tradeable consumable item that can be listed on Global Link and traded among players, then I am ok with this being a cash shop item.

Wishlist modification: allow for two 'parties' by default and allow players to buy more (up to 12?) as they like.

Many times in the anime series, there have been villains or other people who break the rules and carry/use more than allowed during proper trainer duels.

You dont have to restrict it to having to be at the PC. You can restrict the switching option to not be allowed at the E4 or battle tower and places like that. But i dont see a need to restrict it elsewhere.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:40 PM, Daedalus007 said:

Doesn't matter if people play it for Lore or not and you can't count villains as they break the rules anyways cause you know crimes. It is still a core mechanic. 

We arent asking for 9 mons to play with. This suggestion does nothing to change the game at its core. Its simply a quality of life change. Makes things a lil more convenient is all. The ocarinas messes with the core much more than this would but its still a positive addition to the game imo.

If the Pokemon Center restriction seems to be too inconvenient, at the least make it only switchable in a friendly town that has a Pokemon Center.  It would just save a few mins manually switching it out.

Kinda like switching Party Members in a Final Fantasy game while at a save point.  Anyone remember those?  :)

7 hours ago, codylramey said:

We arent asking for 9 mons to play with. This suggestion does nothing to change the game at its core. Its simply a quality of life change. Makes things a lil more convenient is all. The ocarinas messes with the core much more than this would but its still a positive addition to the game imo.

Says otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Kite said:

Says otherwise. 

Then you misunderstand the purpose of the 3 extra party slots. They are simply there so you can breed while having a comp team out and rdy to go, or a team to do gym runs/E4. They are there so you can do match making and breeding at the same time. So that when you are breeding you dont have to just stand around and do nothing. If we are allowed 6 extra slots they can also be used to quickly switch in and out pokemon/teams during tournaments.

13 hours ago, codylramey said:

Then you misunderstand the purpose of the 3 extra party slots. They are simply there so you can breed while having a comp team out and rdy to go, or a team to do gym runs/E4. They are there so you can do match making and breeding at the same time. So that when you are breeding you dont have to just stand around and do nothing. If we are allowed 6 extra slots they can also be used to quickly switch in and out pokemon/teams during tournaments.

Extra Party Slots gives you in your case 9 slots for your party of pokemon, making it 9. That is what you're asking, regardless what you use those extra 3 slots for. 

Edited by Kite
On 15/02/2018 at 11:26 PM, codylramey said:

NYWAY... I was thinking about how nice it would be to have (at least) 3 extra slots beside our party slot to do thing like hold my egg or the next breeders in line

Sorry man this makes 0 sense.

I'm a avid breeder, and I have no need for this, I just have a page in PC I keep everything organized. You want to play comp? leave breeders in pc and play comp. Stop trying to mix stuff. 

Goddamn why don't they give me a way to farm paras, while playing pvp, flipping gtl, breeding and doing gyms at same time?

19 hours ago, Kite said:

Extra Party Slots gives you in your case 9 slots for your party of pokemon, making it 9. That is what you're asking, regardless what you use those extra 3 slots for. 

But what you are missing/leaving out on purpose for what ever reason is that the extra 3 slots, unless it has an egg in it, is inactive. You can not use the pokemon in those slots for battle meaning no core aspects of the game is changed. Again its just a quality of life change.

19 hours ago, redspawn said:

Sorry man this makes 0 sense.

I'm a avid breeder, and I have no need for this, I just have a page in PC I keep everything organized. You want to play comp? leave breeders in pc and play comp. Stop trying to mix stuff. 

Goddamn why don't they give me a way to farm paras, while playing pvp, flipping gtl, breeding and doing gyms at same time?

Just because you have no use for it doesnt mean others wont. I like to breed and i would love to be able to buy extra slots so i can breed and comp at the same time. Therefore your first statement is irrelevant. Your second point, why dont they just give me a way to..., that is the slippery slope fallacy at its worse.  

33 minutes ago, codylramey said:

But what you are missing/leaving out on purpose for what ever reason is that the extra 3 slots, unless it has an egg in it, is inactive. You can not use the pokemon in those slots for battle meaning no core aspects of the game is changed. Again its just a quality of life change.

Just because you have no use for it doesnt mean others wont. I like to breed and i would love to be able to buy extra slots so i can breed and comp at the same time. Therefore your first statement is irrelevant. Your second point, why dont they just give me a way to..., that is the slippery slope fallacy at its worse.  

Doesn't matter what the reason is. It is still 9 party slots. 

4 hours ago, Kite said:

Doesn't matter what the reason is. It is still 9 party slots. 

Oh wow okay, and the problem is??

3 hours ago, redspawn said:

Lol you must breed a lot to have this ncessity then, because I doubt anyone will ever have this necessity. 

Its a quality of life change, not a necessity.

Both of you still have no legitimate reasons not to have this as a feature in the game. While i have good reasons to have it in. Now unless you have something legitimate to say please stop commenting on this thread. It feels like both of you are just arguing for the sake of arguing,

Goes against lore and what pokemon is known for.

There's no necessity for it.

It's for your own personal use and the playerbase will gain little to nothing with its implementation.

Something similiar was suggested previously, so this thread shouldn't even exist and you should just have bumped the other that I'm almost 90% sure was denied or never even got much atention.

Are this enough reasons?

57 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Goes against lore and what pokemon is known for.

There's no necessity for it.

It's for your own personal use and the playerbase will gain little to nothing with its implementation.

Something similiar was suggested previously, so this thread shouldn't even exist and you should just have bumped the other that I'm almost 90% sure was denied or never even got much atention.

Are this enough reasons?

Thats certainly better

That suggesting was a separate slot for eggs. Idr how much attention it got. I want a slot you can put pokemon in too, and maybe even allow us to buy 6 of them so we can quickly switch out comp teams during tournies. But certainly people would get use out of extra slots for the egg at the very least.

You cant really judge what the player base would like based off from a thread in the suggestion forums the same way you cant judge anything based off from polls in forums.

There was no necessity for the ocarinas. I also dont think its based in any lore either. But the fly ocarina i have is nice an the money is spent on it helps the game keep running. This can do the same thing.

Battle Box and Battle Teams

The Battle Box is a feature introduced in Generation V. It allows the player to store six Pokémon, which can be used instead of the current party in infrared link battles, the Battle Subway, and Random Matchup in Generation V, and the Battle Maison and the Battle Spot in Generation VI.

Tournaments which utilized the "Battle Competition" feature required its use; therefore, all the Global Battle Union tournaments required it. Once the user of the Battle Box registered their Pokémon team for an official tournament that used the "Battle Competition" feature, the team was locked in the Battle Box and could not be modified (even the reordering of moves) or removed from the Box until the end of the competition.

In Generation V, the Battle Box was a separate feature from the Storage Boxes and had to be selected from the menu of Amanita's PC. In Generation VI, the Battle Box became accessible from the Boxes directly, acting itself as the last Box in the line-up.

Battle Teams are an update to the Battle Box feature that were introduced in Generation VII. The player can register Pokémon from the Storage System to one of six different Battle Teams, and the same Pokémon can be registered to multiple teams. However, any registered Pokémon moved to the player's party will be removed from all Battle Teams. Also, the game prevents them from being traded or sent to Isle Evelup or Isle Avue at Poké Pelago until the player manually unregisters them.

Or you know implement this instead of increasing party slots which would break balance of the game entirely...unless this is already implemented. 

14 minutes ago, Kite said:

Battle Box and Battle Teams

The Battle Box is a feature introduced in Generation V. It allows the player to store six Pokémon, which can be used instead of the current party in infrared link battles, the Battle Subway, and Random Matchup in Generation V, and the Battle Maison and the Battle Spot in Generation VI.

Tournaments which utilized the "Battle Competition" feature required its use; therefore, all the Global Battle Union tournaments required it. Once the user of the Battle Box registered their Pokémon team for an official tournament that used the "Battle Competition" feature, the team was locked in the Battle Box and could not be modified (even the reordering of moves) or removed from the Box until the end of the competition.

In Generation V, the Battle Box was a separate feature from the Storage Boxes and had to be selected from the menu of Amanita's PC. In Generation VI, the Battle Box became accessible from the Boxes directly, acting itself as the last Box in the line-up.

Battle Teams are an update to the Battle Box feature that were introduced in Generation VII. The player can register Pokémon from the Storage System to one of six different Battle Teams, and the same Pokémon can be registered to multiple teams. However, any registered Pokémon moved to the player's party will be removed from all Battle Teams. Also, the game prevents them from being traded or sent to Isle Evelup or Isle Avue at Poké Pelago until the player manually unregisters them.

Or you know implement this instead of increasing party slots which would break balance of the game entirely...unless this is already implemented. 

How does having extra inactive slots break the balance of the game entirely?

Edit: i like the idea of a battle box... still doesnt allow us to do other things like comp while breeding

Edited by codylramey
3 hours ago, codylramey said:

How does having extra inactive slots break the balance of the game entirely?

Edit: i like the idea of a battle box... still doesnt allow us to do other things like comp while breeding

Because then you'd have to rebalance the whole game in PvE and PvP to accommodate 3 extra slots (which by the way will give players everything they need on a team in PvP). And yes it does allow you do to comp while breeding if PokeMMO does it right. 

When you initiate a PvP duel or enter a tournament, you'd be given an option to use your comp team that is in the battle box instead of what is in your party. 

6 hours ago, Kite said:

Because then you'd have to rebalance the whole game in PvE and PvP to accommodate 3 extra slots (which by the way will give players everything they need on a team in PvP). And yes it does allow you do to comp while breeding if PokeMMO does it right. 

When you initiate a PvP duel or enter a tournament, you'd be given an option to use your comp team that is in the battle box instead of what is in your party. 

Why would they have to rebalance everything to accommodate 3 extra slots? You are still only using 6 of those pokemon while battling.

I like the battle box idea too. Can you have multiple teams in there and choose from them?

6 hours ago, codylramey said:

Why would they have to rebalance everything to accommodate 3 extra slots? You are still only using 6 of those pokemon while battling.

I like the battle box idea too. Can you have multiple teams in there and choose from them?

You're still having extra slots. That is why. 

Also all the battle box info is already posted so if there is a question for that, go read it. 

1 hour ago, codylramey said:

How does tht effect anything balance wise tho.

I already told you, especially in PvP then players can make teams with every answer under the sun. Then you have to add 3 more pokemon to the NPCs to accommodate the 3 extra slots. It isn't that hard to figure out. Your suggestion is bad simple as that.