Breloom.

Am i the only one having problems with breloom lately? Once he's in on a slower pokemon all i can do is choose, what pokemon i want to give up this match? Then you send the pokemon who get spored and face the match 5v6 while he free substitute immediatly after.

Trying to wake up a pokemon might result in a suicide, you can lose free turns and if the pokemon dies it means breloom can sleep another one..

The only OU grass pokemon (other than breloom) is ferrothorn who get totally rekt by breloom's stab fighting type, venusaur is totally disappeared and there's not even growth working, Atm i say "i'm not putting a counter to breloom in team, it's not much used" also because it would totally make my team weaker. When i meet him i don't wanna say it's an obvious loss but it makes the difference for sure, creating this post because seems like breloom usage is increasing lately and MY GOD the depression i feel when i see him.

Illuminate me how do you make a match be a fair 6v6 against breloom? Also i've read someone in OU discussion complaining about conkeldurr, maybe we need a celebi?

2 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

people still getting swept by breloom lmao

I don't think sweep is the right verb to use, as i said, you just choose what pokemon put to sleep and then fight 5v6, forcing the switch is one thing, avoiding the spore is another, but no, i don't get my whole team killed by breloom, i am complaining the fact it makes a match close to a 6v5 cause spore and the missing of valid grass switch

11 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Did you try using Volcarona?

No, guess bug buzz can be a valid solution in some cases with some luck and hope that he doesn't switch, but not the best thing for sure

252 Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 90-107 (56.2 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
It's always hard for me to consider volcarona a solution for something but i'm gonna breed it now even tho i have a bad feeling about it XD

3 minutes ago, Mitch730 said:

I don't think sweep is the right verb to use, as i said, you just choose what pokemon put to sleep and then fight 5v6, forcing the switch is one thing, avoiding the spore is another, but no, i don't get my whole team killed by breloom, i am complaining the fact it makes a match close to a 6v5 cause spore and the missing of valid grass switch

just use a magic guard pokemon like reuniclus so sleep doesnt effect it

Roserade is quite decent as a check as it is immune to Spore and may tank a Focus Punch and recover up with either Synthesis or Rest and can set up spikes/put stuff to sleep for utility

Intimidating it on the switch kills some of its groove too but yeah you'd have that intimidate mon neutered for a few turns. Mence seems like a good idea since it can roost off any damage and will outspeed Breloom any time.

Gbwead's cureall, Mandibuzz, will be a decent option once Overcoat works since it'll be immune to spore and can Brave Bird loom into another dimension.

Overcoat Reuniclus is another option but it's also pretty meh compared to Magic Guard.

5 hours ago, Mitch730 said:

but i'm gonna breed it now even th

volcarona is great, don't worry it's a nice investment. Best option is probably to revenge kill if you don't want to run the good ol'venusaur or even go a further step and run parasect which is useless but stops breloom pretty well surprisingly.

9 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Use Bold Exeggutor if you're really desperate, it also has access to wish which can be helpful for your team

I am quite desperate but the reason is that i don't finy any pokemon immune to spore that doesn't make my team weaker, i mean come on, exe is not that strong pokemon, it's in NU atm and will stay there

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Salamence is a good switch-in too. Intimidate + resistance to both fight and grass stab.

If you know Breloom doesn't have Thunder Punch, a Gyarados also works.

That's what i do, i don't mean there are no solutions to breloom damage, but just that spore make a match be 6v5.. even if i decide to put salamence to sleep and use it to wall breloom, he s gonna die. sooner or later the HP finish and he s even weak to rocks. what's fun is that if i sacrifice 1 move for roost i don't even kill the substitute and he can spore salamence again, in the worst (and very possible) scenario he focus punch on the roost and salamence doesn't even have the flying type there .-.

8 hours ago, suigin said:

Roserade is quite decent as a check as it is immune to Spore and may tank a Focus Punch and recover up with either Synthesis or Rest and can set up spikes/put stuff to sleep for utility

Intimidating it on the switch kills some of its groove too but yeah you'd have that intimidate mon neutered for a few turns. Mence seems like a good idea since it can roost off any damage and will outspeed Breloom any time.

Gbwead's cureall, Mandibuzz, will be a decent option once Overcoat works since it'll be immune to spore and can Brave Bird loom into another dimension.

Overcoat Reuniclus is another option but it's also pretty meh compared to Magic Guard.

Hope overcoat will work soon then cause MY GOD i am so stressed by this fcking spore, it might seem a joke saying that breloom totally makes the difference but he can seriously spore every OU, he s abusing the missing of legendaries pokemons.roserade might work the first time but after that he s too weak to physical attacks, focus punch goes close to 1HKO ( a life orb adamant version actually 1HKO already ) Gotta make venusaur work someway, got a calm version atm but i have doubts he ll work as a special wall

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.