New players looking for info.

4 hours ago, PepperPoots said:

Yep. High damage, good coverage, fast, some can set up (ex: Swords dance) to do more damage or gain more defense. 
Walls cant do much damage on their own but can take a lot of hits, and heal health or status, sometimes on other members of their team (moves like wish and heal bell). An example of this would be Chansey. They basically slow an enemy's momentum and force them to switch. They are really only used in PvP where they are no fun to face, and you would probably be better off picking something with a little higher damage output for your story team.

i see the pepper in very comp

7 hours ago, redspawn said:

you can play using normal stuff, is just a bit harder. Any pokemon gets the job done, even spindas apparently,  @XelaKebert

I'll let you guys be the judge of that once I finish all the video footage. I did wrap up the challenge recently but I will reveal the results with the appropriate video.

On topic, I don't suggest 6 Spinda as your team because you will spend a lot of time grinding and beating your face against the keyboard; unless you're into stupidly difficult challenges.

7 hours ago, Saozen said:

Hey guys, so me and 2 mates have decided to start playing, mainly for casual reasons In between our normal games. We have all played Pokemon during our childhood but don't remember to much about it at all. We have also noticed small things such as beating surge no longer rewards Thunderbolt. So obviously this mmo version can't be played through using standard poke red walkthroughs and tactics (oh yeah forgot to say we all play kanto) 

So basically we are looking for up to date tips/tricks and goals to reach in the game (as we have also noticed that a lot of info here is out of date) hence this post lol. 

What Pokemon are best to aim for and what moves should be taken for them ect.. (that kind of info) 

Please Halp lol

Good morning Saozen, I hope you are doing well. If you need any assistance with PokeMMO, I would encourage you to tune into the Roy Rogers Walkthrough channel where I locate hidden items like PP Ups, Balls, Nuggets, etc (I have timestamps in the description of my videos).

Forfiter assisted me in locating the hidden items mentioned in my Walkthrough channel, so I appreciate the effort on his behalf.

If you have any questions in game, feel free to send me in game mail or comment on my Roy Rogers News channel. I wish you the best in luck.

Spoiler

To answer one of your questions, I am going to encourage you to run a starmie with the moves Thunderbolt,Surf,Ice Beam,psychic.

If you really want to enjoy the game, give yourselves challenges. Nuzelocke or monotype is a pretty good way to go about it. It will make some gyms borderline impossible to beat but that's what makes things interesting. Nothing beats the satisfaction that comes after beating the game, that was designed to be more challenging than the regular, with a monotype team.

4 hours ago, hihats said:

Alakazam with

confusion/psybeam/psychic (as they become availiable on level)

Shock wave

Calm mind

Recover

The moveset is pretty much free.

That should get you all the way to E4. supplement with other pokes as needed. 

Pretty sure it can also learn signal beam (most likely by tutor) wich is really usefull on it psychoc is also pretty usefull but is a tm