get rid of the 5 post needed to post a suggestion

ThePrettyPetard

Question

one of the big reason to come to this forum is becaus you have a suggestion that you want to make so having it denied by a 5 post completly unrelate rule is just plain stupid this doesn't serve any purpose other than frustrating newcomer that are only here becaus of suggestion. yeah i allready hear you saying this is to prevent the same stupid suggestion to be made over and over again but since you don't need to raise your awareness about previous suggestion to post here but only shitpost 5 time this make that argument irrelevant. how many newcomer have we lost just becaus they didn't feel like shitposting 5 time because they where respectfull? how many good idea might never come out just becaus it was from a casual that wanted to help but didn't intended to stay much?

and for those that might want to say this isn't an issue just look at how often there is suggestion posted in the general discussion. those might only be a small fraction of the number that have a suggestion becaus some might just give up when they see that becaus they get rejected in the right place for a reason that is just: your a nobody here we don't care about how much you played the actual game. that is how it feels to join this forum when you have a suggestion

possible solution

1 get rid of the 5 post minimum to be allowed to post a suggestion

2 allow the existance of a thread to discuss suggestion for newcomer

ps: if your new and don't know how to vote yet there is a little arrow next to the number of vote when you click the thread (yeah not the most intuitive)

Edited by ThePrettyPetard

12 answers to this question

I suppose I agree.

Since SB doesn't quite work like it used to in 2012-13 anyways and dupe threads aren't the bane of all evil anymore.

I saw a thread the other day made by a dude trying to get his post count up, to be able to post.

But I really doubt he learned much about how the forum works in the few posts it took anyways.

It will also put a end to people spam posting 5 threads just to be able to post in here

I don't know who would do that............................................................................................................................................................................................... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also considering there isn't anything really as useful as making a suggestion alot of people will never hit the 5 post minimum required to post in here ( without spam posting ). And who knows, we might miss out on a suggestion that would change the game to make it more enjoyable for everybody just because they couldn't post in suggestion box :'v

7 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

one of the big reason to come to this forum is becaus you have a suggestion that you want to make so having it denied by a 5 post completly unrelate rule is just plain stupid this doesn't serve any purpose other than frustrating newcomer that are only here becaus of suggestion. yeah i allready hear you saying this is to prevent the same stupid suggestion to be made over and over again but since you don't need to raise your awareness about previous suggestion to post here but only shitpost 5 time this make that argument irrelevant. how many newcomer have we lost just becaus they didn't feel like shitposting 5 time because they where respectfull? how many good idea might never come out just becaus it was from a casual that wanted to help but didn't intended to stay much?

and for those that might want to say this isn't an issue just look at how often there is suggestion posted in the general discussion. those might only be a small fraction of the number that have a suggestion becaus some might just give up when they see that becaus they get rejected in the right place for a reason that is just: your a nobody here we don't care about how much you played the actual game. that is how it feels to join this forum when you have a suggestion

possible solution

1 get rid of the 5 post minimum to be allowed to post a suggestion

2 allow the existance of a thread to discuss suggestion for newcomer

ps: if your new and don't know how to vote yet there is a little arrow next to the number of vote when you click the thread (yeah not the most intuitive)

Your suggestion is plenty reason enough to keep the minimum requirement. 

(I'd like it to be bumped to 100 though)

2 hours ago, Noad said:

I agree with you Petard, posting 5 times does not make someone less stupid.

It does not make sense to me that someone who makes 5 rando posts in Introductions is more qualified to post in Suggestions than a player who has joined the forums with the intention to give feedback.

I guess that mean you will push the devs/admin to change it if you cannot change it yourself