Understanding Cores and You?

Ive left out alot information. guide to cores have been very vague. cause i believe most people who are in any type of competitive play. understand the basis of a core. how it work but for those who do not understand what a "Core" is basically it is core of your whole team. or the backbone so to speak these Pokemon. first you need choice what type of core you wand do you want a defensive core or offensive core. this is basically your play style or how you want your team to function in the tier you wish to play. another way you look at it each Pokemon in your cover hard covers each other

Pick a pokemon you want build your team around 

For instance - Charizard

Charizard is a Fire/Flying type - It has x4 weakness to rock,  x2 water and electric i know your like wait a min i can teach it "Earthquake" watch covers two of its weakness.  you would be correct thats if charizard can one hit it. or speed Pokemon. rock types known to being bulky some even known to be very fast electric types are extremely speedy  most will out speed you. what can you do. well form a core

Charizard needs 2 new friends cover its back si

Breloom - Breloom is a Grass/Fighting  -  this will cover Charizards Water/rock weakness 

Lapras - Is a  Water/Ice type 

Between Charizard/Breloom/Lapras you just basically created a core not just one core but 2 with just 3 pokemon this what i call primal core

Fire/Water/Grass

Simply saying "Bug/Grass/Rock" 

Fire/Water/Grass

Flying/ Ice /Fighting

now you have your backbone your base for your team other Pokemon you add too it need help keep your other pokemon alive small suggestion

doing Tauros/Gengar - Tauros EQ hit like trunk in team battles when next to gengar with levitate it wont hit thats not only combo you can add to your team other other cool things you can do

Spooky Core

Ghost/Normal -

Bolt/Beam

Elect/Ice

• Bug > Grass > Rock

• Dark > Psychic > Fighting

• Electric > Water > Ground

• Fairy > Fighting > Steel

• Fighting > Ice > Flying

• Fire > Grass > Ground

• Fire > Grass > Rock

• Fire > Ice > Ground

• Flying > Grass > Rock

• Ground > Rock > Ice

• Ground > Steel > Ice

• Ice > Grass > Rock

Instead just telling you name of Pokemon watch feel is based. use this to build a core too your team. a core triangle or core do

Good Dimastrion of this

Metagross/Hydregon/a Fighting type pokemon

Good Mix is also like

some ghost types fit very well with some normal types

like Slaking + Jellicent

or Taurus + Gengar 

Blissay + Dusclops

Edited by sakuramyu

I feel like he's onto something. I like the idea of finding cores by typing, and then filling it out with species.

But I don't get why these cores are good.

They're all kinda like chains of types that offensively kill the next.

But how does that justify that it's good to put them together defensively on the same team?

Like I get that bug beats grass and grass beats rock and rock beats bug.

But does that mean they cover each other's weaknesses? I can think of plenty of pokemon who would break this core with 2 moves.

6 hours ago, Eggplant said:

I feel like he's onto something. I like the idea of finding cores by typing, and then filling it out with species.

But I don't get why these cores are good.

They're all kinda like chains of types that offensively kill the next.

But how does that justify that it's good to put them together defensively on the same team?

Like I get that bug beats grass and grass beats rock and rock beats bug.

But does that mean they cover each other's weaknesses? I can think of plenty of pokemon who would break this core with 2 moves.

Actually yes

Their are some bugs/grass/rock pokemon that do cover one another weakiness.. good that you bring this up. cause now gonna teach you what a Prime Core is

some pokemon are duel typings meaning yes they carry more weaknesses however this means that can handle 2 cores at or have 2 pokemon in their party that is muiti type foring dou core

Show off what I mean

Scissor - is a Bug/Steel Type

Breloom - Is a Grass/Fighting Type

some rock type fits heres

This is the wrong place for this thread, and there is no right place for it. Competitive assistance is for asking advice regarding competitive play. You clearly aren't doing that as you are openly hostile to just about everyone who responds to you.

I would say this belongs in the guide section, but this cannot be a guide since you don't know what you're talking about and shouldn't be guiding anyone

You need to get better at taking criticism or you'll never get any good at PVP. Just a word of advice, unsolicited