Pokemon Movepool Guidiance

No Drama. please

This is 100% my opinion. no ones forcing you come on thread do yourself a favor same yourself the time and effort honestly I don't care gonna share my opinions with community rather you like it or not. by replying this post don't with hostile remarks or insulting in way or forum you are technically looking for a fight. this isn't up for discussion. if you quote me on this you get nothing but no

Move-Pool Diversity - i have great love for Pokemon. each person has their own individual play-style. and their favorite Pokemon these Pokemon do not have be best Pokemon in world. best move pools or stats. but they have special place in are hearts as gamer. what I am offering however is share of knowledge. or brain storming to make a Pokemon you love. suited to style you wanted to be. with what move-pools

to break it down my move-pools are end all be all. are they best. well in my eyes. but in yours probably not, just post a Pokemon you have questions bout and offer what little help i can give. but remember in the end its your Pokemon and your game. no one should tell you don't use your favorite Pokemon . if you love said Pokemon use it.

Competitive Idiocy - Just because use a Pokemon use Pokemon in lower tiers in higher tiers doesn't mean that you suck as a player. if you have solid knowledge of what your Pokemon can do. if know what match-up play in your favor. and you outplay them. however i am not saying really low tiered Pokemon can go into ubers. when clearly its gonna get wrecked. what I am saying is judge the Pokemon for yourself and see for yourself who knows you might make a Pokemon, that might be meta breaking. its happened before. some people like myself like to use weaker Pokemon. cause i enjoy a challenge.  I do not enjoy easy victories. with easy tactics million times over every single competitive player in the game. being predictable is worst thing in competitive if know what your gonna do before you do it ill play you every single time. anyone who been playing competitively will too. and probably get messed up no matter what tier you play. cause they and I know what moves sets you bringing to table, having Pokemon ready and waiting counter it. when you bring Pokemon diverse move-pool they don't know what to expect. they think in their mind lower tiered Pokemon i just sword dance/calm mind whatever cause no respect for Pokemon their fighting. and it does something completely left field and sweep their whole team without second thought cause enemy player done goofed

Mimicking something someones used over million times over. doesn't win you any respect. your just mimicking copying and pasting. want to have a competitive edge. try thinking for yourself for once. Instead of listening to your mates - this stuff up not  for discussion nothing you say gonna change my view point on this. if your stubborn like me nothing I say change your view point. 

Pokemon Movepool Questions

the way this work is you ask me about a Pokemon , just put a Pokemon name in reply box. ill reply with reasonable way to make it competitive best way you can. not promising you it be good but it will put up a serious fight if understated or unchecked

Ok too start off -> Onyx

Onix @ Evolite
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Polish  
- Earthquake  
- Heavy Slam  
- Rock Slide

Steelix @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth rocks
- Earthquake  
- Heavy Slam  
- Aqua Tail ((Fire type coverage)

Other Moves you can teach Steelix 

Payback

Taunt

Crunch

Block

Curse

Skull Bash actually 

Flail

Dragon Tail/Roar (good with stealth rocks))

just note that you hit by anything special related and you die

if your feeling really crazy note this kinda ... holy shit moment. this someone no enemy would expect anyone to do on steelix.  or onyx. its extremely situationally highly not advanced. but can pull it off it can be devastating, most ppl likely switch out their physical attackers to something special if they dont have anything covers steelix watch most likely they do 

Onix @ Eviolite  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 SpA 
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flash Cannon  
- Hidden Power [Flying]  
- Earth Power

Steelix @ Life Orb  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Earth Power  
- Hidden Power [Flying]  
- Flash Cannon  
- Aqua Tail

with trickroom support steelix can be well decent remeber has many weaknesses

First of let explain something oddly enough onyx loses speed when it evolves. but gains more attack/defense... however onyx can pull off a rock polish out speed some steelix might have bit of issue with this

Edited by sakuramyu

Honestly, who are you writing these posts to? You act so aggressively right off the bat towards the community so why are you making posts for the community?

Also, if you wanna have your "here's some unusual movesets for rarely used Pokemon" then go right ahead - I don't expect anyone wanting to stop you. But don't write statements that are so clearly factually wrong that you're basically asking people to correct you, while you just the discredit posts to "haters just being haters". 

There's so much I'd correct here but the gist is that people don't use overused Pokemon just because they're overused. There are certain roles only certain Pokemon can fill and that's why some Pokemon are more used than others. There's no reason to allow a certain metagame threat to sweep you or wall you to oblivion just so you would look all cool or hipster by using a shit tier Pokemon. Well, if you actually wanna win, that is. If you don't then that's fine too but that's not really _competitive_ Pokemon anymore.

And if you post to a public forum, you don't get to decide whether people are allowed to comment in it. If you want to "educate", other people should be allowed too.

Edited by OrangeManiac

I was ok with leaving this open as you do bring forth some valid points such as the lack of diversity we see in some Pokemon, whether it comes to movepools or the Pokemon that are used. This is likely due to how Pokemon are obtained in our game, so making a gimmick Pokemon can seem like an unnecessary risk and loss of money. However I'm now not too sure what this thread is about, if you would like to help some members in the community with some possible moveset changes or team building, you should wait for someone to raise the question within the competitive assistance sub forum, most likely in the Quick-fire Questions thread. If this thread is instead just making a list of possible movesets for some Pokemon to be discussed, I would recommend doing so in general discussion. So I will be locking this thread for now

You should keep in mind what Pokemon you write moveset for, because in more than one instance I've seen you mention things that are not available and as such are no help what so ever. ie Sheer Force Steelix is unavailable, to a larger extent in another of your threads Curse Noctowl is not possible as it does not get the move (you also mentioned it's the only flying type to get Psychic + shadow Ball when it's not). Also keep in mind the items we have available, Assault Vest for example is not, nor has been spoken about being added. Finally you should keep in mind how useful a set actually is, and most importantly be open to feedback on it. Special Steelix/Onix for instance would be terrible in any situation, moves like Aqua Tail serve little purpose unless trying to hit something like Rhyperior harder (you say fire coverage when it already has STAB earthquake). Some Pokemon can be used in OU and do well in the tier, but you should be noticeable of the common threats and walls such as Conkeldurr, Hydreigon, Skarmory, Ferrothorn etc. The threats in the tier are what make other less common Pokemon viable or not

If you do have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to send me a message

• Kizhaz locked this topic