REGISTER BUTTON

Laz

Question

Well lots of people including me do forget to hit the " register " button in tournament queue due to many reasons: distraction, fatigue, etc, etc.

So, I'm suggesting that once the 10 minutes are over, and if you meet the Tournament mode requirements: 6 different pokes, no pokes from higher tiers, all pokes lvl 50 or above, no OP items, etc etc, your battle will start automatically, even without pressing the " REGISTER " button.

I mean, who wants to give up on a tournament ? If you're doing a teammate a favour and you wanna let him win, or you just can't play the next round, it doesn't really matter because you can either log off, or just not do anything.

I believe there are no cons in this suggestion, so please make it happen.

22 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

Hide contents

But then the tournaments will end up just having people with 6 story pokes in their team, just because they clicked on the tournament page when there was 1 second left, allowing for some people to get a easy win iWKad22.jpg

59 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

But then the tournaments will end up just having people with 6 story pokes in their team, just because they clicked on the tournament page when there was 1 second left, allowing for some people to get a easy win iWKad22.jpg

that doesnt matter though.......

8 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

It would change the outcome of the other rounds

and why would that matter with this suggestion? the outcome of other rounds have like 0 relevance to this. suggestion is as long as your party meets the requirements to play the match you can play the match, without "registering", so it doesnt even matter what the rounds look like cause thats not what its about

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

and why would that matter with this suggestion? the outcome of other rounds have like 0 relevance to this. suggestion is as long as your party meets the requirements to play the match you can play the match, without "registering", so it doesnt even matter what the rounds look like cause thats not what its about

Because chucking people in tournaments who didn't wan't to join a tournament isn't a very logical approach of fixing some peoples inability to press a button

8 minutes ago, Dinkle said:

Because chucking people in tournaments who didn't wan't to join a tournament isn't a very logical approach of fixing some peoples inability to press a button

no one's chucking people into tournaments, i think you got the wrong idea here. you still have to sign up for the tournament but all the rounds after that you just auto play if your team fits the criteria

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

no one's chucking people into tournaments, i think you got the wrong idea here. you still have to sign up for the tournament but all the rounds after that you just auto play if your team fits the criteria

I thought you just got put into it automatically anyway? Pretty sure that's what happened with me

48 minutes ago, Munya said:

Its not, its always been there.  It acts like an AFK check, if you are unable to register with the game telling you to in chat every minute I think you probably deserve that DQ.

Except this is really not an argument when you HAVE to afk for one reason or another. It can happen. So instead of getting disqualified for failing to queue in time, you start a battle and you still have extra 3 minutes to come back to the game which are reduced from your in-game timer. And if you queue right when you go afk (before the end of the 10 minute time), the battle can begin instantly and suddenly you have only 3 minutes to come back or you lose.

Worst case scenario? Sometimes people might waste 3 minutes of their lives watching someone who didn't manage to come back to computer on time and have their timer run to 0 and lose. However, this is far more beneficial than having a disqualification in the bracket.

I honestly see no downsides whatsoever to this. If it prevents some DQs that could have been matches that were going to be played, I'm all for it. These tournaments may last up to 4-5 hours and it's not uncommon you need to afk once in a while due to irl reasons within 5 hours.

Edited by OrangeManiac
cuz reasons
20 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If you take no actions in battle, your timer goes down and you get DQ'd anyway

Nah, pretty sure if you sign up and just don't do anything it doesn't give you a disqualification, you lose but not a DQ, a DQ opts you out of getting a prize.

6 minutes ago, Munya said:

Nah, pretty sure if you sign up and just don't do anything it doesn't give you a disqualification, you lose but not a DQ, a DQ opts you out of getting a prize.

Hmm perhaps, I've never tried. I guess it would make more sense to give a lose rather than a DQ.

you win 4 matches, need to go out for 11/12 minutes, and you get a dq on the finals, that is a really shit

this is an example, so many things can happen

4 wins of 5, and cant register for some reason, and no give him his price? please

Edited by Nawe