League Luxray too op

252+ Atk Soft Sand Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Luxray: 288-338 (79.1 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage

but this should also mean that luxray can't do anything to your team as it's not offensively invested and he isn't a proper support either. You can always run a liechi berry dugtrio, or just use a better team for e4

+1 252+ Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Luxray: 356-422 (97.8 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after burn damage
+1 252+ Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Luxray: 324-384 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after burn damage
11 minutes ago, redspawn said:
mean that luxray can't do anything to your team as it's not offensively invested and he isn't a proper support either

that's what i thought, too strange

well i can use others but man this is not worth it

nope, not intimidated FlaFlaPT

i think it run guts?

Edited by YoshidoriForum
eee

All Pokemon in the Elite Four have legal stats. You likely encountered this Luxray:

Luxray - Bold - Intimidate - Leftovers - Thunderbolt / Toxic / Sleep Talk / Rest - 252/0/252/0/0/6 - 31/0/31/31/31/31

If it Intimidated you, this is your damage calculation:

-1 252+ Atk Soft Sand Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Luxray: 200-236 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you switched into it (no intimidate):

252+ Atk Soft Sand Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Luxray: 302-356 (82.9 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Regardless of whether or not it managed to Intimidate your Dugtrio, the damage you dealt was legitimate. The Elite Four rematch builds are not designed to be simple cannon fodder - the Pokemon you face all fulfil a role on a team, whether offensively, defensively, or both. Some of them are running standard competitive sets, some of them are gimmick builds (like this particular Luxray), and some are tailored to handle specific threats. Defeating the final (lv100) builds is intended to be a challenge.

1 minute ago, YoshidoriForum said:

well the mistery is solved damn, if it's legit all good just surprised me

is intended to be a challenge yes, still 5 competitive matches in a row need at least auto healing at some point..like the final one?

The payout for defeating the champion is quite high since you have to use your own healing items. With an optimal team, you can make a lot of profit from running it despite the item cost.

59 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

The payout for defeating the champion is quite high since you have to use your own healing items. With an optimal team, you can make a lot of profit from running it despite the item cost.

Why can't we have a pay out per elite 4 we defeat and get BP at the end? 

14 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

This terrible set like many of the others these NPC's have, such as Coil Milotic,  was most likely a slip up and should be fixed in the near future. We apologize that you had to see these embarrassing Pokemon and the person responsible will be punished. Have a nice day ~

I got that inside joke. Although, the person responsible did try to make good sets for people to fight against. Iris is a pretty difficult gym rematch to fight...