Why is there a cool down on the elite 4?

My friends and I have been playing and struggling through the game, but when we reached the Elite 4 we just had to give up completely. At least with all the other battles we could just throw ourselves against the trainers, defeat a couple of their pokemon each time until we levelled enough to win, but we can't even do that against the elite 4 because we need to wait 40 minutes between attempts. None of us could be bothered doing the hours of grinding it would take to even begin to attempt it otherwise so we were forced to give up and just go to the next region.

So why is there a time limit on the elite 4? I could maybe understand it for victories if it gives you money or something, but all it would mean for us is that we'd have one attempt and then play a different game for 40 minutes while waiting for our next attempt.

51 minutes ago, IDKPRO said:

Did u even read the reason why there is a cool down? 

he probably did and ignored it cause its bullshit. You cant spam story elite 4 for bp and money cause you would actually have to complete it, which would put a cooldown on it after. EXP is also irrelevant since there is a level cap which cant be bypassed first time elite 4 as well, so yeah, there really is no point in having an story elite 4 cooldown

well unova has no story cooldown for elite 4.

Kanto and Hoenn has a cooldown for story elite 4.

However kanto and hoenn you can rematch trainers that have 40+ level poke for exp.While unova you cant rematch trainers as of now.

So i think it is kinda reasonable that unova has no cooldown while other regions has one.