Gen 6 Plans?

I think it'd be tough for them to integrate fully 3D maps. Although I imagine that it would be too impossible to simply implement the gen 6 battle UI along with gen6 pokemon into the game. My guess is that if we don't get a kalos region, we'll eventually be able to get its pokemon through other means, maybe dungeons?

Edited by ZoroarkH
2 hours ago, Kite said:

Last I knew or read next step is Sinnoh. 

Unless Sinnoh becomes another Johto and the Dev team works on gen 6. 

Have they mentioned this happening in 2018? 

(I'm not complaining about how long it takes, it probably takes a lot for the guy or guys who do this to get anything done especially if they have a job on top of this game)

Thanks for the responses, everyone. 

Edited by anheroin
8 hours ago, anheroin said:

Have they mentioned this happening in 2018? 

(I'm not complaining about how long it takes, it probably takes a lot for the guy or guys who do this to get anything done especially if they have a job on top of this game)

Thanks for the responses, everyone. 

Considering we just got Gen 5 in October last year, there is no way in hell that Gen 4 or 6 is going to pop up in 2018 when Gen 5 isn't even complete. 

23 hours ago, anheroin said:

Will this game ever make its way to gen 6? I'm curious because of the difference in graphics between 5 and 6. 

Thanks.

There are a lot of problems with it from legal/technical perspectives, as this was the generation when encryption started occurring for ROMs. Basic things like how Gen 6 introduced 3D character models, and changed the movement system into 8-directional (I think they achieved omni-directional in gen 7?) are also problems due to the character model requirements for it, and we'd probably have to trash our work on character customization to make it feasible.

Eventually we're going to run out of NDS regions so we'll probably try at some point if we think funding is good for a serious attempt at it. It would probably take several years though, and by the time we get to that point, there'll probably be another handheld generation which we'd try for, as the 3DS has already reached the end of its lifespan.

15 minutes ago, Kyu said:

There are a lot of problems with it from legal/technical perspectives, as this was the generation when encryption started occurring for ROMs. Basic things like how Gen 6 introduced 3D character models, and changed the movement system into 8-directional (I think they achieved omni-directional in gen 7?) are also problems due to the character model requirements for it, and we'd probably have to trash our work on character customization to make it feasible.

Eventually we're going to run out of NDS regions so we'll probably try at some point if we think funding is good for a serious attempt at it. It would probably take several years though, and by the time we get to that point, there'll probably be another handheld generation which we'd try for, as the 3DS has already reached the end of its lifespan.

Would you guys ever consider recreating and implementing the later gen pokes into the game if it turns out to be unfeasible?