grand exchange

fredrichnietze

Question

get on runescape and look at the grand exchange and it's implementation and features and website integration. then look at our global exchange and feel bad. then get to work pls. website integration with historiographs of past sales and prices and better ui for search ect. 

for the argument "why bother with the time invest? what we have is good enough" no it isnt. look at other things with their features with your brain and not your heart. its important. 

4 answers to this question

I can only really see this (the website, histogram thing)  working with items, not pokemon.

I agree that adding in the ability to place buy orders would be great (which would turn it into RS's GE). Though, with that, it is likely that orders would have to become "hidden" (like with RS's GE), so to avoid clutter and spam. This poses an issue, that a lot of people brought up before, which was they like to see what's available and "browse".

Also, consider the hypothetical that you place an order for a Charmander Adamant 25+/31/25+/0+/25+/31, offering 2m for it.  How do you handle that if there are two Charmanders placed on the GTL one at 500k that is 25/31/25/0/25/31 and one that is a 6x31 that is at 1.9m.  Which one gets bought?

With items, it's much easier, but with Pokemon it's pretty complicated and subjective, which I don't think will work with a RS GE.

1 minute ago, Gilan said:

I can only really see this (the website, histogram thing)  working with items, not pokemon.

I agree that adding in the ability to place buy orders would be great (which would turn it into RS's GE). Though, with that, it is likely that orders would have to become "hidden" (like with RS's GE), so to avoid clutter and spam. This poses an issue, that a lot of people brought up before, which was they like to see what's available and "browse".

Also, consider the hypothetical that you place an order for a Charmander Adamant 25+/31/25+/0+/25+/31, offering 2m for it.  How do you handle that if there are two Charmanders placed on the GTL one at 500k that is 25/31/25/0/25/31 and one that is a 6x31 that is at 1.9m.  Which one gets bought?

With items, it's much easier, but with Pokemon it's pretty complicated and subjective, which I don't think will work with a RS GE.

first one posted that fits the requirements. and if that person would rather have a 6x31 for that then he/she should have that as requirements. however more importantly is the ability to require certain egg moves/and abilitys and ofc shinys, with either no limit to request or a very large limit like 1,000. 

and thats just the tip of the ice burg of features

On 30/01/2018 at 3:04 PM, fredrichnietze said:

get on runescape and look at the grand exchange and it's implementation and features and website integration. then look at our global exchange and feel bad. then get to work pls. website integration with historiographs of past sales and prices and better ui for search ect. 

for the argument "why bother with the time invest? what we have is good enough" no it isnt. look at other things with their features with your brain and not your heart. its important. 

Curently being a trader is one of the best way to make money this would just nerf the fuck out of it because how many people won't buy a sooth bell for 40k just because they saw one sell for 20k and if you want this info becaus you want to be a trader without investing any time in learning the market value by yourself then your just not made for the mmo style