Why can't berries grow faster?

The way it is now, you nearly have to dedicate your life to farming berries to get any profit from it. I've been trying to play this game just to entertain myself but having 20 hour berries that need to be watered every 8 or so hours makes me feel like i'm trying to balance out a part-time and school and it quickly lost its charm. I'd just like to know why can't the growth times be reduced? i feel like if the growth time was reduced even by a forth this would be a lot more enjoyable.

For starters, you are not forced to farm berries. We have the luxury of having multiple different methods for earning money, so if you dislike berry farming or don't have the time for it, there are many alternatives you could try. 

As far as reducing the growth time, I don't believe they should make something easier just because a few people dislike the current system. Berries have already gone down in value, if they reduce the growth time, it will just make berries even less valuable. 

nah, system is pretty good imo. and you can go way longer between watering. atleast for the not very thirsty berries, over 12 hours. for the thirsty berries i think its like 11h or something. 

its a hassle if you got a day job. but it only takes 10-15 mins to water the berries, but its good cash. 

I thought it was easier when I had school/job.

Wake up in the morning, water them, get home, water them, and harvest before bed.

Berry farming doesn't suit everyone's schedule -- and not every berry suits everyone's schedule.

Maybe leppa duration is not good for you, but lum is? Just try and plan a routine that revolves around logging in at the right time. If it really doesn't work, consider another cash making method-- cause berry farm routines work for a lot of people who can't play all day.

my only gripe really is the wilting timers are a bit short. since you can leave a plant alone for 8 hours after watering it, but you can't let a plant sit for 8 hours after it blooms or you won't harvest anything. that's the one aspect that's a bit too strict.

Edited by Eggplant