[PSL9] Week One

2 minutes ago, Senile said:

So, do you then have to announce you're planning on switching twice before you and the enemy switch? If you do this before the enemy picks their new lead, does that not basically tell them what you're going to switch to, influencing their decision of lead? Obviously you can't just switch once and then be like "jaja i'm actually going to lead with this".

Then ofc, if you have to switch twice, the enemy will also have to switch twice in an obtuse fashion just to get to their actual lead, because if they switch to their real lead and you have to switch out and in, they'll also have to do an awkward switch dance to get a free turn.

So, won't every match need some kind of impartial referee taking both player's suggested leads and coordinating the switch nonsense?

You say your true lead to a third party. The third party announces the leads and you do the needed switches to get to that lead.

6OXsEbF.jpg

On a serious note, announcing your team 30sec ( or even 60secs ) prior to the battle kind of makes sense, gives you enough time to think about your lead, but doesn't give you enough time to think about what you wanna change if you consider cheating, unless if u can freeze time, the cons to that would be to start the battle at the right time. A gimmick way would be for both opponents, or the only assigned player, to have the battle request ready, and to trigger the " send request " once the 30/60secs are out, 1 referee is necessary.
Another gimmick option would be for 2 referees to send a trade request to both players, so that they can't do any changes prior to the start of the battle, have the players announce their teams, asking when they're ready, then giving them about 10 secs to change their lead and send the battle request.

10 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

On a serious note, announcing your team 30sec ( or even 60secs ) prior to the battle kind of makes sense, gives you enough time to think about your lead, but doesn't give you enough time to think about what you wanna change if you consider cheating, unless if u can freeze time, the cons to that would be to start the battle at the right time. A gimmick way would be for both opponents, or the only assigned player, to have the battle request ready, and to trigger the " send request " once the 30/60secs are out, 1 referee is necessary.
Another gimmick option would be for 2 referees to send a trade request to both players, so that they can't do any changes prior to the start of the battle, have the players announce their teams, asking when they're ready, then giving them about 10 secs to change their lead and send the battle request.

I have no faith in time restrictions. In Bo3 Dubs, the 5 mins rule was never really respected.

Hey people, do you guys know of a website or an application where you can put data and it's locked for like, let's say, 3 hours ? Then when the game is over, it unlocks and the small council gets to check if the moves and items were the same as the ones used InGame.

That'd be the perfect solution if you can paste your team into that kind of thing let's say when the match is announced, and then you announce your team to the opponent (and obviously he can't change a major move or item cause it'll be spotted by everyone) and you choose your lead according to the opponent team.

If anyone knows about that kind of stuff ... 

3 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

Hey people, do you guys know of a website or an application where you can put data and it's locked for like, let's say, 3 hours ? Then when the game is over, it unlocks and the small council gets to check if the moves and items were the same as the ones used InGame.

That'd be the perfect solution if you can paste your team into that kind of thing let's say when the match is announced, and then you announce your team to the opponent (and obviously he can't change a major move or item cause it'll be spotted by everyone) and you choose your lead according to the opponent team.

About a week ago, managers/small council were discussing this and I came up with some solution to it, although it adds layers of complication that the simple minded PSL playerbase won't be able to handle, so the idea was essentially scrapped.

I wrote up a general guide to it (it's pretty simple) when we discussed it before.

https://pastebin.com/RT1BtXDN

Previously, we only discussed it in the context of revealing items, but you could also just unload a showdown style teambuild with moves etc, if it was deemed necessary.

2 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

2 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

About a week ago, managers/small council were discussing this and I came up with some solution to it, although it adds layers of complication that the simple minded PSL playerbase won't be able to handle, so the idea was essentially scrapped.

I wrote up a general guide to it (it's pretty simple) when we discussed it before.

Previously, we only discussed it in the context of revealing items, but you could also just unload a showdown style teambuild with moves etc, if it was deemed necessary.

An impartial 3rd member of the small/medium/large with extra cheese council? Someone who isn’t actually participating as a player

E: Nvm, an extra council member as a referee would still cause availability issues. Perhaps any staff member who is online and available at the time of the battle who isn’t taking part in the tournament could act as the referee? Since there’s no doubt going to be more than one staff member online at any given moment

Edited by Zymogen
5 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

This would be ideal (and seriously it doesn't take 200 IQ to understand what to do ...), don't forget to add the moves on the pokemons in the cryptobin tho, it's the main issue about the current TP.

deal ?

probably most of you will disagree with what I'm going to say now , but I do not think TP is necessary.
in my opinion, each person should create their own strategy and the one that was better deserves victory ,
a good player does not have to predict his opponent's team to know what to do on each occasion, or with which starter to start

(I'm sorry if there are grammar errors in my text)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.