[PSL9] Week One

2 minutes ago, RLotus said:

then you dont get to pick leads based on each others team

The problem with prior announcement is exactly kamimi’s point, you can just swap items / teach different moves, etc.

There is no perfect way, unless if you want everyone to record their battles, which is very tryhard 

I feel the cons of not being able to choose leads based on the TP are minimal compared to the potential of losing a game to a team that was altered (i.e. from the backpack; TMs, Berries, Vitamins) in the time between preview announcement and the start of the battle. 

Unless you want gb, zeb and JJ to referee every single game (which would both be unfair on them and would also inevitably confer arrangement issues) and to know every single moveset which, again, would undoubtedly cause concern regarding scouting considering they themselves are participating (not to imply that they actually would cheat, but for the sake of argument) then I would suggest that the best solution is for the team preview to be announced after the battle has started.

We do not have anywhere near the means to facilitate a perfect team preview system, so to expect it to work as well as PS’ system is redundant.

Edited by Zymogen
2 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

yes, but if your suggestion is to lead with a poke u have to switch turn 1 then it cant b a trapper

ya sure, but i don't see how that is a feasibility issue

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

ya sure, but i don't see how that is a feasibility issue

enforcing mandatory switches turn 1 Doc vs Gb

Doc brings jolteon

GB brings dugtrio

Doc cant switch out, instead is forced to attack

GB switches out

If u trying to make team preview with a turn1 switch then this is ure problem

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

enforcing mandatory switches turn 1 Doc vs Gb

Doc brings jolteon

GB brings dugtrio

Doc cant switch out, instead is forced to attack

GB switches out

If u trying to make team preview with a turn1 switch then this is ure problem

It's not really a problem because GB knows the real lead is not the pokemon that is brought first and therefore doesn't bring Dugtrio first, so that this doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I don't like it because it can reveal speeds, but the obvious solution to trap leads is to not lead with a trapper. If you know the rules are leads will be switched, why would you lol

Edit: this will also drain the timer

Ya revealing speed seems difficult to prevent. You can also gain time by switching back and forth if timer becomes an issue.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

you can just switch twice?

So, do you then have to announce you're planning on switching twice before you and the enemy switch? If you do this before the enemy picks their new lead, does that not basically tell them what you're going to switch to, influencing their decision of lead? Obviously you can't just switch once and then be like "jaja i'm actually going to lead with this".

Then ofc, if you have to switch twice, the enemy will also have to switch twice in an obtuse fashion just to get to their actual lead, because if they switch to their real lead and you have to switch out and in, they'll also have to do an awkward switch dance to get a free turn.

So, won't every match need some kind of impartial referee taking both player's suggested leads and coordinating the switch nonsense?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.