[PSL9] Week One

Just now, gbwead said:

Ya right, admitting to coach in normal chat vs admitting to getting coached in normal chat, there is no way one is more likely than the other, both would be extremely rare and we happen to be in one of the two cases.

I mean I really cant take your arguments serious, you admitted to not wanting to be part of the decision, and yet here you are. defending 2 players from your team

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Ya right, admitting to coach in normal chat vs admitting to getting coached in normal chat, there is no way one is more likely than the other, both would be extremely rare and we happen to be in one of the two cases.

youre just making a desperate semantics argument at this point. The fact is, it's always going to be incredibly difficult to punish being coached if we're going to let the excuse fly that "I wasn't listening to the teammate who was coaching me"

Funny thing is that banning madara from week2 doesnt even prevent him from coaching in that week.

We cant really prevent this, but madara should be more punished imo, cause being banned one week only is too little when such an act could have already changed the scores for week 1 for the whole PSL.

This decision just promotes coaching, which Im pretty sure its already quite high. It´s all about precedents. If we let this happen once, there is no reason for it not to happen again.

8 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

youre just making a desperate semantics argument at this point. The fact is, it's always going to be incredibly difficult to punish being coached if we're going to let the excuse fly that "I wasn't listening to the teammate who was coaching me"

It's always difficult to prove coaching or getting coached and those are not the same thing. It's well known that you rarely give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it would be completly wrong to assume the worst of Pinklabel because that would set a terrible precedent for PSL. Like K9 mentioned, if someone random starts claiming they coached you, you then get punished even thought that may not be true? Pinklabel even said in normal chat to Madara that what he was doing is wrong, so it's ridiculous to think he was actually part of w.e conspiracy you are dreaming about.

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's always difficult to prove coaching or getting coached and those are not the same thing. It's well known that you rarely give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it would be completly wrong to assume the worst of Pinklabel because that would set a terrible precedent for PSL. Like K9 mentioned, if someone random starts claiming they coached you, you then get punished even thought that may not be true? Pinklabel even said in normal chat to Madara that what he was doing is wrong, so it's ridiculous to think he was actually part of w.e conspiracy you are dreaming about.

this is why the full punishment should be on madara and not on pink. However, one week ban as a punishment is just a tiny scratch for what he did.

For the match outcome, thats a while different matter, which I wont pronounce cause its far not too linear for it.

tl dr; Madara should get a much higher punishment. No one fears not playing one week, if that translates to a win score instead of tie or even a loss.

@gbwead I'm not alleging any conspiracy or even saying pink should be punished or the result should be changed. I simply take great issue with this line of questioning:

47 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'm confused. Why would they not get the win if you can't prove that Pink was listening to Madara? Why should there be a team punishment? 

Because if that's one of the council member's standards for whether coaching happened or not, thats just not good enough

1 hour ago, TheChampionMike said:

I think about it already but imo void should be the right solution, because in the end Calcu did lose. Whether they got coached or not, he did lose. 

So what you are basically saying is that it doesn't matter what actually happened because x player ended up losing the game should be voided. you do realise how ridiculous that sounds righ?

I do agree that consecuences for actual coaching should be rough and direct. however this is NOT the case of what happened in Pinklabel's match. Small counsils gb and zebra have already determined that madara's actions were of a naive nature and they did not affect the game. thus I consider the punishment applied to the case to be fitting.

Take me for example. Last season I had little to no knowledge of what psl was and I had just started watching some of the most hyped up match ups. I remember one of my first times in vermilion 8 I started discussing one of the matches in normal chat: "Frags should totally predict the starmie switch here and megahorn instead of Brick Break, right?" I was told to stfu and that I could be punished for that. Now I was most certainly not coaching Frags, of that I am quite sure. I was just beig dumb and naive. had my actions there had any cousecuencuences on frags or the match It would've been beyond ridiculous.

I get that most of you are veterans at psl but in any competition whatsover and in life itself there exists something called "a rookie mistake". I believe madara had no mischievous intentions. Also, pinklabels response whas quick, professional and assertive. It's also been determined that the events did not affect the outcome of the game in thr slightest. Honestly, I do not think there is anything to be further discussed about the matter.

I dont really want to say alot about this as it's my team. But it's even shown in the screenshots Aerun provided that Pinklabel says coaching is isnt allowed, and also from the second this shit happened (which I wasnt aware of obviously) - Pinklabel said he was receiving pms but didnt have them tabbed in so wasnt seeing/responding to them. So I think the right call was made in this case in regard to what the council decided. (I'm not saying Madara should/shouldnt be banned for longer) but I think the call in allowing Pinklabels win to stand was correct as he was outplaying him and in the end Calcu lost to the timer, so I dont feel it'd be fair to punish him.

10 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

@gbwead I'm not alleging any conspiracy or even saying pink should be punished or the result should be changed. I simply take great issue with this line of questioning:

Because if that's one of the council member's standards for whether coaching happened or not, thats just not good enough

Let me know when you can figure out what is wrong with my line of questioning because after insinuating several times that pink and/or his team should be punished, you now change your mind. 

5 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Small counsils gb and zebra have already determined that madara's actions were of a naive nature and they did not affect the game. thus I consider the punishment applied to the case to be fitting.

Take me for example. Last season I had little to no knowledge of what psl was.

1- Obviously

2- Read rules first?

5 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

not even at you, you kinda decided the punishment the moment you made the rule, there was no need for discussion

So because there are laws written on a book people shouldnt be subject of fair trial. gotcha.

Edited by FNTCZ
32 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

So what you are basically saying is that it doesn't matter what actually happened because x player ended up losing the game should be voided. you do realise how ridiculous that sounds righ?

I do agree that consecuences for actual coaching should be rough and direct. however this is NOT the case of what happened in Pinklabel's match. Small counsils gb and zebra have already determined that madara's actions were of a naive nature and they did not affect the game. thus I consider the punishment applied to the case to be fitting.

Take me for example. Last season I had little to no knowledge of what psl was and I had just started watching some of the most hyped up match ups. I remember one of my first times in vermilion 8 I started discussing one of the matches in normal chat: "Frags should totally predict the starmie switch here and megahorn instead of Brick Break, right?" I was told to stfu and that I could be punished for that. Now I was most certainly not coaching Frags, of that I am quite sure. I was just beig dumb and naive. had my actions there had any cousecuencuences on frags or the match It would've been beyond ridiculous.

I get that most of you are veterans at psl but in any competition whatsover and in life itself there exists something called "a rookie mistake". I believe madara had no mischievous intentions. Also, pinklabels response whas quick, professional and assertive. It's also been determined that the events did not affect the outcome of the game in thr slightest. Honestly, I do not think there is anything to be further discussed about the matter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.