[PSL9] Week One

5 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

How is language barrier a thing? Im pretty sure everyone knows that coaching is not permitted in psl. After all its the 9th season of psl and there was precedents of this(in the french community none the less) and managers should brief their players on the rules if they know theres a language barrier happening.  So no I won't take language barrier as an excuse. It's just common sens at this point...

This is their first PSL as far as I am aware. It is common sense for people who have joined PSL for more than one season. I however do agree with you that they could've easily been informed by their team mates/manager so I actually am too for harsher punishment. And just remembered that browsers can auto translate stuff now so they could even read the rules in their own language, even though the grammar might not be perfect hue. But even then they should've been able to get the gist from it.

I've not read much into what has happened, but I do want to point one thing out.

I think we need to be careful when we say people are getting coached. Now, I have no idea if said person even got coached but all I know is something was said in normal. If you're playing your battle and someone tries to tell you what to do, does that mean you are coached? Even if you didn't listen to them or was going to do that anyway(since it was probably an obvious move)?

If a friend of mine was playing well on his own throughout a match and I randomly say in normal "If I were you I'd do this ....", does that take all credit away from the person who's legitimately been playing? Does that mean he should be punished?

Like I said, I'm not saying said person wasn't coached, I'm just saying we need to be careful on the punishment to the person playing, because he might not want people to say anything and instead look the bad person.

EDIT: Oops, just read the admin decision and seems like the SC based the decision around what I was thinking. I guess that's good.

2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I've not read much into what has happened, but I do want to point one thing out.

I think we need to be careful when we say people are getting coached. Now, I have no idea if said person even got coached but all I know is something was said in normal. If you're playing your battle and someone tries to tell you what to do, does that mean you are coached? Even if you didn't listen to them or was going to do that anyway(since it was probably an obvious move)?

If a friend of mine was playing well on his own throughout a match and I randomly say in normal "If I were you I'd do this ....", does that take all credit away from the person who's legitimately been playing? Does that mean he should be punished?

Like I said, I'm not saying said person wasn't coached, I'm just saying we need to be careful on the punishment to the person playing, because he might not want people to say anything and instead look the bad person.

Madara's getting punished, and so should his team, Pink isn't confirmed to be getting coached but the council agrees that madara tried to coach, so it has nothing to do with Pink but the score at this point.

1 hour ago, Oltan said:

Madara's getting punished, and so should his team, Pink isn't confirmed to be getting coached but the council agrees that madara tried to coach, so it has nothing to do with Pink but the score at this point.

Yeh I just read and edited. A good call by the SC imo.

1 hour ago, Oltan said:

And again it's not since there was no real punishment, since they still got away with the win.

You can't punish someone when some random person tries to coach you, you punish the person attempting to coaching(if possible). Unless the evidence is obvious that you're being coached you shouldn't be slandered for it.

Getting evidence of coaching is hard though, would need the person playing to respond to the coach or perhaps ask for help.

4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Yeh I just read and edited. A good call by the TC imo.

In my opinion a week ban from PSL for attempting to coach because you "didn't know the rules" is a slap on the wrist. As a player you should make an effort to read and interpret the rules before you start playing so that you don't screw up in situations like this. It's common sense.

Why should the punishment for a clear breach in one of the fundamental the rules of PSL mirror the effect of his manager simply benching him for a week? I don't understand

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'm confused. Why would they not get the win if you can't prove that Pink was listening to Madara? Why should there be a team punishment? 

Im not taking sides on this, but let me just ask you this - when will someone ever be able to prove that? That person A was LISTENING to person B as person B was coaching? It's an impossible standard to live up to, and with that logic no one will ever get punished for being coached barring a confession

Just now, Zymogen said:

In my opinion a week ban from PSL for attempting to coach because you "didn't know the rules" is a slap on the wrist. As a player you should make an effort to read and interpret the rules before you start playing so that you don't screw up in situations like this. It's common sense.

Why should the punishment for a clear breach in one of the fundamental the rules of PSL mirror the effect of his manager simply benching him for a week? I don't understand

Oh, my bad. I mean they got it right with Pinklabel and the team decision. The person coaching is another story.

To be honest, a weeks ban is probably alright under the circumstances.

If it were a random person, I'd get "not listening", but Madara is part of the team, so the team tried to coach, pretty simple.

Just now, Gunthug said:

Im not taking sides on this, but let me just ask you this - when will someone ever be able to prove that? That person A was LISTENING to person B as person B was coaching? It's an impossible standard to live up to, and with that logic no one will ever get punished for being coached barring a confession

^^

Just now, Bilburt said:

I dont really care whether Pinklabel gets punished for this, we can't really prove he followed instructions given by madara or any other teammate.

Madara should be way heavier punished than just a 1 week ban

Again, Pink isn't getting punished, the match's score being changed isn't a punishment for him, but the team.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

And when will someone ever get punished for coaching someone barring a confession? The only reason there is a punishment right now is because what Madara confessed.

Just now, gbwead said:

And when will someone ever get punished for coaching someone barring a confession? The only reason there is a punishment right now is because what Madara confessed.

Well I think that's much easier to prove - if you say something out loud that appears to be coaching, boom, that's coaching. But how do you prove that someone listened to a coach? Even if they make the move the coach tells them to, they can always say they did it on their own with no help from the coach?

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Well I think that's much easier to prove - if you say something out loud that appears to be coaching, boom, that's coaching. But how do you prove that someone listened to a coach? Even if they make the move the coach tells them to, they can always say they did it on their own with no help from the coach?

"Are you sure?" "What do I do now?" All the kind of things you could asked if you were getting coached.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

that would be a slip up of a much greater magnitude than what madara did to get caught. A lot less likely to happen, imo

Ya right, admitting to coach in normal chat vs admitting to getting coached in normal chat, there is no way one is more likely than the other, both would be extremely rare and we happen to be in one of the two cases.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.