[PSL9] Week One

24 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

A little reminder for the dumb argument "it's much more reasonable to be available during the weekend lelelel" :  20/32 battles played before the weekend. 

That will average out over the season though. Like gb said, people have already had an entire off week to prepare before the season started, which may be why people eager to get their matches played week 1. I predict that week 2 We'll see more weekend matches than weekday

8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@LKrenz and @BurntZebra are in agreement that MadaraSixSix inappropriately tried to "coach" Pinklabel through normal chat. While his actions did not influence the match, they are still "against the rules". With that in mind, MadaraSixSix will be suspended for Week 2. 

That's not what the screen says actually, Madara said "That was my fault if he did that play" after people making fun of plays from Pink and then said he didn't know he couldn't coach.

He didn't coach in normal chat but in whispers.

imo the suspension is not a good answer to that because the team that got fucked up by the coaching literally got nothing from it and that's why the win for calcu would be the good solution for me (or at least a voided match)

I know there is the language barrier and that's why a ban would be too much, anyway as PSL players we have to read the rules and just saying "i didn't know" is not a good apology and so shouldn't be taken into consideration.

11 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

20 battles over 5 days 

20/5 = 4 a day

12 battles in 2 days

12/2 = 6 a day

On 2/1/2018 at 8:26 PM, Senile said:

I don't even understand how people can seriously type this. It's Thursday, and there's been, what? 4 Matches out of 32? In what universe are we ignoring the fact that a majority of PSL matches happen on weekends basically every time?

20>12 

Edited by Zymogen
11 minutes ago, Maekaaay said:

imo the suspension is not a good answer to that because the team that got fucked up by the coaching literally got nothing from it and that's why the win for calcu would be the good solution for me (or at least a voided match)

I know I have talked to you about this in game already so you know what I think about it already but imo void should be the right solution, because in the end Calcu did lose. Whether they got coached or not, he did lose. If the match gets voided Jovi's team can still get the win this week if they win the remaining matches and Parke's team doesn't at least get a tie out of this week. Suspension for 1 week really isn't that much of a punishment when it's pretty clear they have been coached in whisper chat. Just void the match and that would be the most fair, since the rest of the matches played this week between the two teams are done fair and square from what we know at least.

1 minute ago, TheChampionMike said:

I know I have talked to you about this in game already so you know what I think about it already but imo void should be the right solution, because in the end Calcu did lose. Whether they got coached or not, he did lose. If the match gets voided Jovi's team can still get the win this week if they win the remaining matches and Parke's team doesn't at least get a tie out of this week. Suspension for 1 week really isn't that much of a punishment when it's pretty clear they have been coached in whisper chat. Just void the match and that would be the most fair, since the rest of the matches played this week between the two teams are done fair and square from what we know at least.

I still think the punishment for coaching should be far more harsh than just a void match. Its so hard to catch someone coaching and you have to punish them much harder, but then again 85% of the matches have coaching involved so there would be no psl if players got caught jajaja

1 minute ago, LionKIng said:

I still think the punishment for coaching should be far more harsh than just a void match. Its so hard to catch someone coaching and you have to punish them much harder, but then again 85% of the matches have coaching involved so there would be no psl if players got caught jajaja

Oh yeah for sure, not saying they shouldn't be punished more. But I was just talking about the results of the match and how it impacts the week for Jovi's team. But the language barrier is a decent argument where I would say that this would be enough in this situation + the 1 week suspension. I am not justifying their actions but I can somewhat understand it if they cannot understand english that well.

Just now, TheChampionMike said:

Oh yeah for sure, not saying they shouldn't be punished more. But I was just talking about the results of the match and how it impacts the week for Jovi's team. But the language barrier is a decent argument where I would say that this would be enough in this situation + the 1 week suspension. I am not justifying their actions but I can somewhat understand it if they cannot understand english that well.

How is language barrier a thing? Im pretty sure everyone knows that coaching is not permitted in psl. After all its the 9th season of psl and there was precedents of this(in the french community none the less) and managers should brief their players on the rules if they know theres a language barrier happening.  So no I won't take language barrier as an excuse. It's just common sens at this point...

6 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

I agree with Lion, calcu losing doesnt really change anything, since he could've won or lost if coaching didnt happen, the problem is that you can't know since yeah, it did happen. Even a void would be biased at this point.

2 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

This could've been a win for us though, a void would mean that our chance to score a win was thrown away just 'cause they coached. On the suspension part, I honestly have no idea, since the language barrier excuse has no meaning for me, it's the council's decision. The first natural action should be to fix the result of the match, if there was a murder attempt, what would be the first concern, the well being of the victim or the punishment of the criminal?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.