[PSL9] Week One

15 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

If the week was Wednesday to Tuesday, the majority of matches would still be on the weekend. I know, because when I was host I had at least one week like this. I'm not taking a side on this stupid activity decision nonsense, though

That was the final of PSL 5 where only 6 duels were played lol. I'm not sure that is supposed to prove anything.

edit: Lazaaro vs Yubellllllll was the last duel on a Monday.

Edited by gbwead
7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

If the week was Wednesday to Tuesday, the majority of matches would still be on the weekend. I know, because when I was host I had at least one week like this. I'm not taking a side on this stupid activity decision nonsense, though

During PSL8 we've had a week (semi finals) that lasted till like Thursday because of a Tiebreaker in Quarterfinals (fipp CLUTCHBOI), a lot of games got played on Wednesday/Thursday.

Tbh if the uncapability of playing games the week from CrissCy was only this week, it wouldn't be that much of a prob, but every week ? I mean you'd have to sub her the second time it happens, so why not the first time aswell ? It also would mean you can't put good players vs her in OU because she might just dodge the game everytime.

Also forgot to point the "language barrier" thing from JJ out, lmao. You have Daryl and Sej in the team ...

LMAO 3 out the 6 duels that happened during that Wednesday to Wednesday week were during weekdays...

DPP OU: Spaintakula v SweeTForU           --> August 4th, 2016 (Thursday)

OU 2: Maekaay v OldMentor                       --> August 5th, 2016 (Friday)
NU: Laazaro  v YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL          --> August 8th, 2016 (Monday)

Not only is that week hardly reprensentative, but out of the 8 duels that had to be scheduled, 5 were scheduled on weekdays.

I'm still curious why this is such a big deal. It literally happens all the time. It's simply two players who can't agree on a time, the only difference is the fact their reasons and problem have become public. 

You know all of those deadline matches that happen? Ya that's basically this. 

Be chill squad. I have faith these two can figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I'm still curious why this is such a big deal. It literally happens all the time. It's simply two players who can't agree on a time, the only difference is the fact their reasons and problem have become public. 

You know all of those deadline matches that happen? Ya that's basically this. 

Be chill squad. I have faith these two can figure it out. 

yea but if they finally cant? some will be injured, and parently will be one punch...  from what i see, that is why it is public i think

2 hours ago, Senile said:

I honestly don't understand this weekend vs weekday argument. Moreover, this "5 Days > 2 Days" is the stupidest thing I've read in the past...Let's say week.

I don't even understand how people can seriously type this. It's Thursday, and there's been, what? 4 Matches out of 32? In what universe are we ignoring the fact that a majority of PSL matches happen on weekends basically every time?

Yeah yeah not being available at all during weekdays kinda sucks, but I think only being available the weekends is waaaaay more reasonable than only being available on weekdays, considering how most of these matches end up panning out. Sure, in this case, rlotus is visiting family so it's not like it's going to be a constant issue, but the fact people are slanting this in such a way to insinuate weekend only times are completely unreasonable, and the person with 5 days is clearly in the right is actually absurd.

tl;dr: you guys are dumb, send help

But what about the wallets?

Players tend to play their battles on weekends not because they're more available (a pokemon battle lasts like 20minuts on average), but because:

-They want to prepare more their battle during the week. 

-They become more and more lazy as the competition progresses. (growing disinterest in PSL).

In the case of someone being able to play only on weekends, he doesn't even want to prepare more his battles (because he doesn't have time), he only has a low availability. Of course it will be convenient for the players who want to prepare themselves the whole week and play during the weekend, but it will create a problem everytime a player has plans during the weekend, which is very probable unless you're a hermit locked in a cellar.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

LMAO 3 out the 6 duels that happened during that Wednesday to Wednesday week were during weekdays...

DPP OU: Spaintakula v SweeTForU           --> August 4th, 2016 (Thursday)

OU 2: Maekaay v OldMentor                       --> August 5th, 2016 (Friday)
NU: Laazaro  v YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL          --> August 8th, 2016 (Monday)

Not only is that week hardly reprensentative, but out of the 8 duels that had to be scheduled, 5 were scheduled on weekdays.

sheesh i didn't know you were gonna FACT CHECK me

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Also, our first team preview match was completed without complication thanks to the effort of our very own Small Council. For future matches, if there are small council members present please link them your team and they can make the formal announcement. Unfortunately, there will most likely be instances where a council member or myself cannot be present for your match. We will try our best. 

I actually liked the idea of passing the team to a small council member. However, not every time someone like this is online, so how about including a regular player instead? For example, I wouldn't have any objections at all if someone like Nik, Orange or Bestfriends would be my ref who would announce the teams.

Thoughts?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.