[PSL9] Week One

I would like to also point out that one of the reasons why players usually prefer to wait until the weekend to play their match is because they want to prepare. We had a 1 week break between the auction and now, so people should be more prepared than usual and therefore the weekend being seemingly more important wouldn't even be true right now.

edit: no scouting bullshit argument plz, those are just sad

Edited by gbwead
19 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

About RLotus against CrissCy:

First, it's wrong to say that availabilities of both players are equivalent. What we can see here is that CrissCy is available only 2 days and RLotus is available 5 days, which is significantly higher.  You can't argue that it's better to be available during the weekend than during the week days, because it all depends on the life of each player. Some people are working during the weekend, or are visiting their family... ... 2 days, it's still a fairly low availability for the PSL. 

Same argument could be said for this too

5/7 days > 2/7 days

People who work on "weekends" should be treated with low priority 'cause other people work more days and are busier

Ultimately, both players have availability to compete their match. They are also fortunate to have only a 2 hour time difference.

ChrissCy is too tired to play during the week because of a rough work schedule (3am to 4pm).

RLotus has family visiting and would like to avoid playing over the weekend. 

Neither of these excuses, in my opinion, should warrant a forced substitution. I've tried to intervene and help get the match scheduled but a language barrier and lack of response has prevented me to do so. The goal will be for both players to simply get their match played. RLotus may be willing to play near the deadline. If the match is not played, between these two or by subbed players, it will be a no-contest.

Next season I'll apply for manager, buy a 9-0 player for 84k and seven 2k players and fish for the 1-0 every week. Cmon

Nothing to add except that this post

3 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

Same argument could be said for this too

5/7 days > 2/7 days

People who work on "weekends" should be treated with low priority 'cause other people work more days and are busier

is funny. Like you can't work the week if you work on week ends lmaooo.

Also that's ok to dodge the game since both sides have arguments, even if Kiz's are lighter imo, and because it's first week and it isn't decisive for the week and neither for the season .. But if the Criss situation doesn't get better, you really need to think about who you'll sub next week. You can't keep dodging better players using a 2 credits one to get a tie in a sacked tier.

Whatever I predicted a 8-0, it's only gonna be a 7-0. Not too bad I guess

13 minutes ago, xStarr said:

Family coming over?  Not a problem, make em watch how good you are.  

inb4 looseses

Also imo availability on weekends > availability midweek. you can look at the 2 vs 5 day numbers or you can look at that volume of matches played numbers instead :)

Would you rather pick two wallets with 100$ each or 5 wallets with 2$?

Edited by FNTCZ
18 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

inb4 looseses

Also imo availability on weekends > availability midweek. you can look at the 2 vs 5 day numbers or you can look at that volume of matches played numbers instead :)

Would you rather pick two wallets with 24 dollars each, or 5 wallets with 24 dollars each? :thonking: 

20 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

inb4 looseses

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

Would you rather pick two wallets with 24 dollars each, or 5 wallets with 24 dollars each? :thonking: 

Just the 5 wallets, no cash. I like to keep a secret stash of em

I honestly don't understand this weekend vs weekday argument. Moreover, this "5 Days > 2 Days" is the stupidest thing I've read in the past...Let's say week.

I don't even understand how people can seriously type this. It's Thursday, and there's been, what? 4 Matches out of 32? In what universe are we ignoring the fact that a majority of PSL matches happen on weekends basically every time?

Yeah yeah not being available at all during weekdays kinda sucks, but I think only being available the weekends is waaaaay more reasonable than only being available on weekdays, considering how most of these matches end up panning out. Sure, in this case, rlotus is visiting family so it's not like it's going to be a constant issue, but the fact people are slanting this in such a way to insinuate weekend only times are completely unreasonable, and the person with 5 days is clearly in the right is actually absurd.

tl;dr: you guys are dumb, send help

27 minutes ago, Senile said:

I honestly don't understand this weekend vs weekday argument. Moreover, this "5 Days > 2 Days" is the stupidest thing I've read in the past...Let's say week.

I don't even understand how people can seriously type this. It's Thursday, and there's been, what? 4 Matches out of 32? In what universe are we ignoring the fact that a majority of PSL matches happen on weekends basically every time?

Yeah yeah not being available at all during weekdays kinda sucks, but I think only being available the weekends is waaaaay more reasonable than only being available on weekdays, considering how most of these matches end up panning out. Sure, in this case, rlotus is visiting family so it's not like it's going to be a constant issue, but the fact people are slanting this in such a way to insinuate weekend only times are completely unreasonable, and the person with 5 days is clearly in the right is actually absurd.

tl;dr: you guys are dumb, send help

8 out of 32 matches, so far

People usually prefer playing on the weekend because that gives them more time, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily not available during the week. If PSL weeks were from Wesnesday to Tuesday, there would be a lot of duels on Tuesday just because that's the last day. I have my duel set up on Saturday, not because Laz or myself aren't available during the week, but simply out of preference. 

16 minutes ago, gbwead said:

8 out of 32 matches, so far

People usually prefer playing on the weekend because that gives them more time, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily not available during the week. If PSL weeks were from Wesnesday to Tuesday, there would be a lot of duels on Tuesday just because that's the last day. I have my duel set up on Saturday, not because Laz or myself aren't available during the week, but simply out of preference. 

If the week was Wednesday to Tuesday, the majority of matches would still be on the weekend. I know, because when I was host I had at least one week like this. I'm not taking a side on this stupid activity decision nonsense, though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.