[PSL9] Week One

Feel that, it's the tremors of an earthquake. I do like how not even 1 match has been played from my team and I'm already going through this no contest argument again.

1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

He's trying to force Kiz to make a substitution in order for both parties to avoid a no-contest. The intent, clearly, is to promote the battle actually happening - not an attempt to avoid it.

1 hour ago, Nawe said:

the think here is that kizhaz wants to not play a match, who in the psl rules said that if can all matchs will be played like mkns said, and kizhaz wants to evade a match if it is posible, we see this deplorable and unsportsmanlike

"Kiz is so unsportsmanlike for not making a substitution, he should be more like mkns... and not make a substitution."

Like you both are aware that we both are in this position and are both not choosing to make a substitution. Neither side feels they should be the one to make a sub, and until one team is down 4-x I very much doubt either side will.

If Mkns was so worried about the integrity he would make the sub and be the hero in shining armor.

3 hours ago, MknsZblex said:
I have a dream, that one day PSL will be a great competition. A competition where sons of newbies and sons of former players will stand together at the table of fraternity. A competition where @DoubleJwill become the best host PSL has ever seen.

I, Mkns, Great Father of Apes, Wesh King, Protector of Ksos and Truth, Sia God, Snooty Lord,  demand that @Kizhaz, manager of the B(eta)-Team, abides by our PSL golden rules and substitutes CrissCy before Friday 12 PM CT, February 2nd, 2018 in order for the MMO OU Team Preview duel between One Punch Ape and B-Team to happen.

Relevant PSL Rules to our Dispute:

"RLotus is available 5/7 days for a match" see the thing is, when ~70%+ of duels in PSL happen on a weekend, and your player is unavailable on a weekend, that 5/7 days looks a whole lot worse, so I suppose it's convenient you left that out.

It's already been stated by JJ that this will be a no contest if no subs are made, and neither of us wants to be put at a disadvantage hence why no subs have been provided. If you're that worried your team will lose the week that you had to bring public attention to something that was already under control, then you can make the sub now and avoid this whole debacle, or you can do what we're both already doing and wait until one team hits 4 wins before making a move.

tldr. there are 2 managers, both just as capable of making a sub as the other, stop pointing fingers

8 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

"Kiz is so unsportsmanlike for not making a substitution, he should be more like mkns... and not make a substitution."

i said for evade the match, not for not make a substitution, say what you want, you're still trash for wanting to evade it

and yea, our player have more days avaibable, that is real, and you know not all matches are played on weekend, so if your player is who have less availability, just put in a sub, and finish with this shit

9 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

"RLotus is available 5/7 days for a match" see the thing is, when ~70%+ of duels in PSL happen on a weekend, and your player is unavailable on a weekend, that 5/7 days looks a whole lot worse, so I suppose it's convenient you left that out.

It's already been stated by JJ that this will be a no contest if no subs are made, and neither of us wants to be put at a disadvantage hence why no subs have been provided. If you're that worried your team will lose the week that you had to bring public attention to something that was already under control, then you can make the sub now and avoid this whole debacle, or you can do what we're both already doing and wait until one team hits 4 wins before making a move.

tldr. there are 2 managers, both just as capable of making a sub as the other, stop pointing fingers

I mean Friday night is the pretty much the weekend and that's still not an option here. The situation is also not the same for the two managers. Since CrissCy is available at the end of the week, if the no contest is guaranteed in the case of no subs, you will never be forced to make a sub the entire season despite the fact that your player will generally be the one less available. Considering CrissCy is a 2k player and the average player is around 9k, the no contest will always be advantageous for you. Worst case scenario for you is that the opposing player is available during the weekend. So it's really not the same.

26 minutes ago, Nawe said:

i said for evade the match, not for not make a substitution, say what you want, you're still trash for wanting to evade it

and yea, our player have more days avaibable, that is real, and you know not all matches are played on weekend, so if your player is who have less availability, just put in a sub, and finish with this shit

??? Because I'm not evading it? I feel no reason why I should be the one to make a sub whilst Mkns keeps his 1st player of choice the same way he feels he shouldn't have to make a sub whilst I keep my first player of choice

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I mean Friday night is the pretty much the weekend and that's still not an option here. The situation is also not the same for the two managers. Since CrissCy is available at the end of the week, if the no contest is guaranteed in the case of no subs, you will never be forced to make a sub the entire season despite the fact that your player will generally be the one less available. Considering CrissCy is a 2k player and the average player is around 9k, the no contest will always be advantageous for you. Worst case scenario for you is that the opposing player is available during the weekend. So it's really not the same.

I assume that I'll need to make a sub if my team falls behind, regardless of CissCy's availability since otherwise the result is a no contest. But as you say this can be seen as an advantageous position for us, so why would I go out of my way to put my team in a disadvantageous position by making a sub whilst your team keeps their line up?

_____

I don't think either players availability is unreasonable. Only being available on a weekend is to be somewhat expected of a person working a 9-5 (or longer) job throughout the week. Likewise being available 5/7 days is good because, well it's majority of the week. Neither can be seen as better availability than the other, hence why the call is a no contest go figure. The fact that this was brought to our attention Monday night just shows how well both the players were at their jobs of getting in contact, so idk why I keep seeing a few snide comments about either of them but I'd rather not as their jobs are done for the time being.

3 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I assume that I'll need to make a sub if my team falls behind

You will never know that your team is falling behind until we get closer to the deadline and CrissCy will be available when we get close to the deadline, so you will never have to make a sub. 

8 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

But as you say this can be seen as an advantageous position for us, so why would I go out of my way to put my team in a disadvantageous position by making a sub whilst your team keeps their line up?

Since you will never have to make a sub, you will always have the upperhand, not just this week, but all weeks. If Frags was only available during the week and you put CrissCy against him, you will force the no contest simply because it's in your best interest. I respect that a manager looks out for his team, you are doing the right thing here, but that doesn't mean that it's the right thing for PSL. Match evading can be advantageous, but that's not what PSL is about.

You're right about RLotus and CrissCy doing an excellent job trying to schedule their match. I think it's the first time in PSL history a scheduling issue is detected as early as Monday.

48 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You will never know that your team is falling behind until we get closer to the deadline and CrissCy will be available when we get close to the deadline, so you will never have to make a sub. 

Since you will never have to make a sub, you will always have the upperhand, not just this week, but all weeks. If Frags was only available during the week and you put CrissCy against him, you will force the no contest simply because it's in your best interest. I respect that a manager looks out for his team, you are doing the right thing here, but that doesn't mean that it's the right thing for PSL. Match evading can be advantageous, but that's not what PSL is about.

You're right about RLotus and CrissCy doing an excellent job trying to schedule their match. I think it's the first time in PSL history a scheduling issue is detected as early as Monday.

Assuming One punch gets 4 wins and it already being the weekend, I then make the sub (since it defines losing the week or not) because if I don't the match is a no contest, already confirmed by JJ. Obviously since Lotus cant play then he will need to be subbed still, which I can see is the advantageous part for me. But the sub on my behalf will still be necessary in this situation.

But this just all goes back to why am I the one being asked to sub when mkns is in the same position. The score between us is stil 0-0 so neither team feels the urge to take a disadvantageous step (which is only natural) so although it might not be good for psl, it is a competition after all. In the end whichever team needs the win will make the play, chances are it wont even matter

4 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

Assuming One punch gets 4 wins and it already being the weekend, I then make the sub (since it defines losing the week or not) because if I don't the match is a no contest, already confirmed by JJ. Obviously since Lotus cant play then he will need to be subbed still, which I can see is the advantageous part for me. But the sub on my behalf will still be necessary in this situation.

I don't understand. If it's already the weekend, Lotus is now mia and CrissCy isn't. Why would you need to sub out CrissCy if she is available?

About RLotus against CrissCy:

First, it's wrong to say that availabilities of both players are equivalent. What we can see here is that CrissCy is available only 2 days and RLotus is available 5 days, which is significantly higher.  You can't argue that it's better to be available during the weekend than during the week days, because it all depends on the life of each player. Some people are working during the weekend, or are visiting their family... ... 2 days, it's still a fairly low availability for the PSL. 

Now what should happen if the opponent of CrissCy can't battle during the weekend? (which is the case here but it will probably occur again during the season)

• A no contest would be a pretty bad precedent. It allows players and managers to easily avoid battles when they have an unfavorable matchup (here it's a 6k player against a 2k player so there is not a big gap but imagine the same situation with a 20k player against a 2k player).
  • An activity win should be a last resort solution only, because it would lead to players/managers fishing for activity wins and no battles will be played, which is the opposite what we want to see in this competition. 
  • Now comes the question: which manager should be forced to make a substitution? In my opinion, if the difference between the availabilities of both players is significant, then the manager of the player who has a low availability should be the one making the sub. When he buys his players, he knows that it is risky to buy a player who is barely active. However, if the difference between both availabilities is small (like 4days vs 3days), then I guess that both managers should make a sub. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.