[PSL9] Week One

I have a dream, that one day PSL will be a great competition. A competition where sons of newbies and sons of former players will stand together at the table of fraternity. A competition where @DoubleJwill become the best host PSL has ever seen.

I, Mkns, Great Father of Apes, Wesh King, Protector of Ksos and Truth, Sia God, Snooty Lord,  demand that @Kizhaz, manager of the B(eta)-Team, abides by our PSL golden rules and substitutes CrissCy before Friday 12 PM CT, February 2nd, 2018 in order for the MMO OU Team Preview duel between One Punch Ape and B-Team to happen.

Relevant PSL Rules to our Dispute:
On 17/12/2017 at 7:36 AM, DoubleJ said:

Substitutions

If a player is unable to compete during the week, a manager has the right to substitute that player out of the line-up in exchange for one of his bench players. Any player that has been subbed out will be inactivated for the remainder of that week. The goal of the PSL is to have every match played in their allotted weeks, but unforeseen events do occur. If a manager is able to make a substitution in order to have the match played, the host will ensure that it happens otherwise this will be deemed “inappropriate behavior” for match evading and that manager may risk losing by an activity decision. 

Kizhaz admitted that it was not in his best interest to let this duel happen since RLotus is most likely to win and doesn't want to make a sub; this is arguably match evading.

On 17/12/2017 at 7:36 AM, DoubleJ said:

Activity Decisions
If a match is not completed, the host will have to decide between awarding an activity win or declaring the match a no contest. This is largely a subjective process, but players that put forth the necessary effort to get a match scheduled will typically be rewarded with an activity win. The small council will be involved in these decisions to help prevent bias as stated previously.

@RLotus making himself available 5 out of 7 days did put forth the necessary effort to get the match scheduled.

On 28/01/2018 at 7:49 PM, DoubleJ said:

For Players Scheduling Your Match

When you contact your opponent, present at least three (3) different times that you are available throughout the week, preferably on different days

CrissCy wasn't able to provide 3 different times on 3 different days which is preferable and will seemingly never, throughout the entire season, be able to do so.

1 hour ago, MknsZblex said:
I'm great, the best, etc etc

K so CrissCy made it clear on Day 1 that she works all the week and can play any day/time during the weekend.
Rlotus can play the whole week, but he can't play on the weekend.

When you contact your opponent, present at least three (3) different times that you are available throughout the week, preferably on different days

-Preferably: ideally; by preference; if one had a choice  
In CrissCy's case, she doesn't have a choice, obviously she would rather work and earn her paycheque rather than skip a day for the sake of playing an mmo match, there are weekends for that. Trying to force Kizhaz to make a sub is irrelevant in this case, there should be some effort from both parties.
I don't know what Kiz will do, you made it clear that you don't wanna sub Rlotus in your post, so the worst case scenario would be a no-contest, if you're ok with that have fun, but don't try to fish for a free win. 

I, Mkns, Great Father of Apes, Wesh King, Protector of Ksos and Truth, Sia God, Snooty Lord,  demand that @Kizhaz, manager of the B(eta)-Team, abides by our PSL golden rules and substitutes CrissCy before Friday 12 PM CT, February 2nd, 2018 in order for the MMO OU Team Preview duel between One Punch Ape and B-Team to happen.

27 minutes ago, Lazaro23 said:

don't try to fish for a free win. 

He's trying to force Kiz to make a substitution in order for both parties to avoid a no-contest. The intent, clearly, is to promote the battle actually happening - not an attempt to avoid it.

Edited by Zymogen

I do not know what is the problem here I said the days I could and the same and we can not agree. the annoying thing is that Mr Mkns is practically saying that I want to evade the duel when it is not so I feel unfair that only blame me of the situation I signed up knowing that you could play on weekends is not my fault my rival does not have Weekend tim

Just now, Mortedesu said:

I do not know what is the problem here I said the days I could and the same and we can not agree. the annoying thing is that Mr Mkns is practically saying that I want to evade the duel when it is not so I feel unfair that only blame me of the situation I signed up knowing that you could play on weekends is not my fault my rival does not have Weekend tim

you no, kizhaz is who is trying to evade the duel

2 hours ago, MknsZblex said:
I have a dream, that one day PSL will be a great competition. A competition where sons of newbies and sons of former players will stand together at the table of fraternity. A competition where @DoubleJwill become the best host PSL has ever seen.

Relevant PSL Rules to our Dispute:

you are right but you have a big head

3 minutes ago, Mortedesu said:

If you are consistently unavailable for 5/7 days of the week then you should expect that there will be arrangement issues and, ultimately, probably shouldn't have signed up to the tournament considering the fact that it relies on a certain degree of flexibility from all parties involved. We understand and respect that you have an overtly busy schedule midweek, however you can't expect your opponents to be able to accommodate for it every week.

Besides, the onus is now on the managers to come to an agreement. We aren't necessarily blaming you, because this is exactly what the substitution system is for.

@Zymogenmy other doubt but why replace me only the problem is the 2?
and I do not think I'm the only one with the limitation of the schedule or I'm going to say that all players have no other responsability apart from playing.

esp:

mi otra duda pero porque sustituirme solo a mi el problema es de los 2?
y no creo ser la unica con la limitante del horario o me van decir que todos jugadores no tienen ninguna otra responsabalidad aparte de jugar.

20 minutes ago, Mortedesu said:

@Zymogenmy other doubt but why replace me only the problem is the 2?
and I do not think I'm the only one with the limitation of the schedule or I'm going to say that all players have no other responsability apart from playing.

esp:

mi otra duda pero porque sustituirme solo a mi el problema es de los 2?
y no creo ser la unica con la limitante del horario o me van decir que todos jugadores no tienen ninguna otra responsabalidad aparte de jugar.

I'm not implying that you are the only person with the schedule limitation - I'm implying that you are the one with the more significant limitation. You are right, the substitution of both players would resolve the issue, but whether or not the managers come to that decision is yet to be seen. 

Regarding your last statement, I know people have responsibilities outside of the game - to suggest that the game should be prioritised over IRL obligations is silly. However, by signing up to this tournament, you are essentially signing a waiver saying that you will at least be relatively available throughout the week. 2 days of availability every single week is far from that. There have been multiple occasions where players have made a judgement call and turned down the opportunity to sign up for PSL in the knowledge that their availability could not be guaranteed, and that their unavailability would cause problems for not only the opposing team, but also for their own team. 

Like I said, this tournament relies on flexibility and compromises. We're just trying to ensure that the match is played. 

Yeet ez pk

Edited by Zymogen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.