Pokemon Release Failsafe

Ghartark

Question

Looking at how difficult is to actually breed and get your competitive pokemon is kinda sad that the only thing preventing you from accidentaly kissing them goodbye is a simple checkbox. It happened to me with a 5*31 adamant heracross, i just wanted to take a scarf he had, but absentmindedly  released the bugger. I think that we need some system to make this kind of mistakes a tiny bit harder to accomplish. With this in mind i thought of a few options.

- You can't release pokemon with an item equipped: Self explanatory, as long as you have your pokemon holding watever item, they are not allowed to be released.

-  Safe Boxes: There could be some boxes from where no pokemon can be released.

- Thrash bin: A special box that saves the last 5-10 pokemon you released before they are gone forever.

There are a ton of other options but you get the point, i know a few people with similar experiences as the one with my heracross and would be great to have something to prevent this happening in the future.

Edit:

Added Dinkle's suggestion to make it more visible

14 hours ago, Dinkle said:

I think it would be best to be able to "mark" a pokemon as a favourite ( by right clicking and pressing "add to favourites" ), it could also add a star next to the pokemon ( i know the shiny star is there that's why you would put it in a different corner and with a different colour.... jeeeeeez ). Marking a pokemon as a favourite would prevent you from being able to release them, you would have to un-favourite it if you ever wanted to release it.

This would also make it easier to find the pokemon you are looking for ( say you have too many pokemon and not enough boxes and you spend 10 mins trying to find the correct pokemon ). Also, you could have a little button at the top of your boxes which when pressed would only show your favourites ( whether it's by highlighting ( them like how the pc filter works), or it just shows them in a box style fashion separate to all of your other trash )

Edited by Ghartark
Adding another possible system to be implemented

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I'm wondering how you managed to release it by mistake when the item box and release button are a fair distance from each other.

I was trying to TAKE a scarf he had on, instead of putting him in my party to take the item i right clicked him and went thru the menues on auto mode since i was just releasing a bunch of bad pokemon i still had in the boxes. But the point is not to argue that my mistake was not a stupid one (which it was) but to prevent things that are valuable in our context from missing due to human error.

Definitely a pain of a mistake, to add on, possibly the ability to lock any box (additional confirm when moving pokes from it, and prevent release entirely). Trash bin would also be useful, probably with the limitation of leaving the PC, deleting on a timer, or clearing when you leave the pokecenter / building with the PC (battle frontier? can't think of others).

Pour one out for the heracross.

Edited by Michaelclump

I think it would be best to be able to "mark" a pokemon as a favourite ( by right clicking and pressing "add to favourites" ), it could also add a star next to the pokemon ( i know the shiny star is there that's why you would put it in a different corner and with a different colour.... jeeeeeez ). Marking a pokemon as a favourite would prevent you from being able to release them, you would have to un-favourite it if you ever wanted to release it.

This would also make it easier to find the pokemon you are looking for ( say you have too many pokemon and not enough boxes and you spend 10 mins trying to find the correct pokemon ). Also, you could have a little button at the top of your boxes which when pressed would only show your favourites ( whether it's by highlighting ( them like how the pc filter works), or it just shows them in a box style fashion separate to all of your other trash )

12 hours ago, Dinkle said:

That is a neat feature to implement and im already hoping that the devs look into it, but in the end it all depends which of the solutions is more compatible/easier to code into the actual game.