Shiny % from Breeding

Shiny by breeding 2 normal Pokemon should be the 'normal' Chance which would mean 1/30k
I heard a rumour that Shiny+Normal might not be allowed/possible by the system, but did not try - if it were possible if should be 1/30k as well

Edit: Would really be nice if someone could confirm that shiny+normal is not possible... or confirm that it is

Edited by Anthrazit

by normal breeding is 1/30k, or at least should be?

By shiny + shiny breeding, it's 100%.

27 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Edit: Would really be nice if someone could confirm that shiny+normal is not possible... or confirm that it is

It is possible, well, you just go by the 1/30k rule I guess. Never tested, wont test.

proven it is not possible, on the posts below.

Edited by redspawn
6 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Shiny by breeding 2 normal Pokemon should be the 'normal' Chance which would mean 1/30k
I heard a rumour that Shiny+Normal might not be allowed/possible by the system, but did not try - if it were possible if should be 1/30k as well

As far as I'm aware you cannot breed shiny with non-shiny at all.

4 hours ago, pachima said:

not allowing breeding shiny with nonshiny is racism if you ask me.

You have issues, let your get checked out by a shrink. Unrightful use of the racismcard is something for a madman and should dare for be illegal. 

Edited by Heineken88

I think people are confused about what i meant. Why not make it so Shiny+ normal = 50% that the child is shiny? it would be a risk some people are willing to take.

Also an item could be implemented in the shop that increases shiny encounter rate, make it expensive but permanent.

59 minutes ago, jpshadow said:

I think people are confused about what i meant. Why not make it so Shiny+ normal = 50% that the child is shiny? it would be a risk some people are willing to take.

Also an item could be implemented in the shop that increases shiny encounter rate, make it expensive but permanent.

Because it wouldn't be much of a 'risk' if the male was a Rat or a Bat and was not worth very much and the female was something rare.

Drop 1-2m at a 50% chance of obtaining something worth so much more? Bargain.

3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Because it wouldn't be much of a 'risk' if the male was a Rat or a Bat and was not worth very much and the female was something rare.

Drop 1-2m at a 50% chance of obtaining something worth so much more? Bargain.

So essentially we are saying there is no point in having a shiny? it is just an albino with horrible Ivs and nature ( unless you are lucky) that is sold for many Ms...

5 hours ago, jpshadow said:

So essentially we are saying there is no point in having a shiny? it is just an albino with horrible Ivs and nature ( unless you are lucky) that is sold for many Ms...

That's not what has been said or even implied at all - where did you get that from?

If you want to better understand Darkshades concerns regarding your suggestion to breed shinies with non-shinies for a higher shiny chance, you could compare it to the brief discussion we already had about that very matter:

Otherwise, if you want to see appreciation for shinies (instead of feeling there weren't any/there were "no point in having a shiny"), you could find some in
- PokeMMO Official Events
- [Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]
- Trade Corner

- different Showcases of Teams in the clubs section
Enjoy :)

Edited by Anthrazit
9 hours ago, jpshadow said:

No, the point is, you either collect them, which is the main idea, or you breed shiny PLUS shiny, in order to make a shiny comp. Is not something most can afford to do of the bat, but is something pretty fun to do imo, heck I even made a golem, it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

2 hours ago, redspawn said:

No, the point is, you either collect them, which is the main idea, or you breed shiny PLUS shiny, in order to make a shiny comp. Is not something most can afford to do of the bat, but is something pretty fun to do imo, heck I even made a golem, it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

Thats not quite true. I've made a good ammount of profit from shiny breeding in the past, it just takes a certain buyer. Some people even just make male shiny breeders to make money.

1 hour ago, awkways said:

Thats not quite true. I've made a good ammount of profit from shiny breeding in the past, it just takes a certain buyer. Some people even just make male shiny breeders to make money.

I mean breeding a comp, as stated previously. Obviously, you can trick some less informed people into overpaying for a breeder. And yeah I know some of those people, they usually either break even, or 1/27 chance they usually profit, pretty legit money making method awk.

Edited by redspawn
27 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I mean breeding a comp, as stated previously. Obviously, you can trick some less informed people into overpaying for a breeder. And yeah I know some of those people, they usually either break even, or 1/27 chance they usually profit, pretty legit money making method awk.

Yeah i meant making a shiny comp too. Just saying its not impossible, as you stated here:

4 hours ago, redspawn said:

it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

Also its not about "tricking people". Its pretty simple really, the better stats a poke has the more valuable it becomes - shinies included. As long as you're not dumb and carefully plan a cost efficent route you don't have to lose money.

6 minutes ago, awkways said:

Also its not about "tricking people". Its pretty simple really, the better stats a poke has the more valuable it becomes - shinies included. As long as you're not dumb and carefully plan a cost efficent route you don't have to lose money.

I'm curious tho, show me screenshots or anything, were you/someone, didn't low ball someone and got the shiny breeders for cheap, and sold a comp with profit. Only one I can say I made profit was on a gyarados, and was due to random nature. edit: sounds like I tried to attack you, sorry for that, just curious, cause I've bred 8 shinies so far, profit was null, and I even got some breeders for pretty low values in GTL.

Edited by redspawn