Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jpshadow

Shiny % from Breeding

Recommended Posts

What is the shiny % from Breeding 2 normal Pokemon?

What is the shiny % if you breed one normal + one shiny Together?

Shiny+Shiny= Shiny, i know that, was really interested in knowing if someone got a shiny by breeding 2 normal pokemon. it seems really rare.

Share this post


Link to post

Shiny by breeding 2 normal Pokemon should be the 'normal' Chance which would mean 1/30k
I heard a rumour that Shiny+Normal might not be allowed/possible by the system, but did not try - if it were possible if should be 1/30k as well


Edit: Would really be nice if someone could confirm that shiny+normal is not possible... or confirm that it is

Edited by Anthrazit

Share this post


Link to post

by normal breeding is 1/30k, or at least should be?

By shiny + shiny breeding, it's 100%.

 

27 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Edit: Would really be nice if someone could confirm that shiny+normal is not possible... or confirm that it is

It is possible, well, you just go by the 1/30k rule I guess. Never tested, wont test.

 

proven it is not possible, on the posts below.

Edited by redspawn

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Shiny by breeding 2 normal Pokemon should be the 'normal' Chance which would mean 1/30k
I heard a rumour that Shiny+Normal might not be allowed/possible by the system, but did not try - if it were possible if should be 1/30k as well


Edit: Would really be nice if someone could confirm that shiny+normal is not possible... or confirm that it is

As far as I'm aware you cannot breed shiny with non-shiny at all.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

As far as I'm aware you cannot breed shiny with non-shiny at all.

well this is very annoying :/

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jpshadow said:

well this is very annoying :/

If you need to get rid of a shiny for no reason you may put it in the PC and release into the wild from there

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

If you need to get rid of a shiny for no reason you may put it in the PC and release into the wild from there

I'll take a free shiny, no need to release it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Because you felt so strongly we decided to make it possible on your character. Go ahead, test it out

Gib me a shiny then. Im lacking in that department.

Edited by pachima

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, pachima said:

not allowing breeding shiny with nonshiny is racism if you ask me.

You have issues, let your get checked out by a shrink. Unrightful use of the racismcard is something for a madman and should dare for be illegal. 

Edited by Heineken88

Share this post


Link to post

I think people are confused about what i meant. Why not make it so Shiny+ normal = 50% that the child is shiny? it would be a risk some people are willing to take.

Also an item could be implemented in the shop that increases shiny encounter rate, make it expensive but permanent.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jpshadow said:

 Why not make it so Shiny+ normal = 50% that the child is shiny?

male shiny whismur + female non shiny mander 

there's ur answer

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, JLxKaos said:

male shiny whismur + female non shiny mander 

there's ur answer

who would want a shit shiny mander anyway? :V 

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, jpshadow said:

I think people are confused about what i meant. Why not make it so Shiny+ normal = 50% that the child is shiny? it would be a risk some people are willing to take.

Also an item could be implemented in the shop that increases shiny encounter rate, make it expensive but permanent.

Because it wouldn't be much of a 'risk' if the male was a Rat or a Bat and was not worth very much and the female was something rare.

Drop 1-2m at a 50% chance of obtaining something worth so much more? Bargain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Because it wouldn't be much of a 'risk' if the male was a Rat or a Bat and was not worth very much and the female was something rare.

Drop 1-2m at a 50% chance of obtaining something worth so much more? Bargain.

 

So essentially we are saying there is no point in having a shiny? it is just an albino with horrible Ivs and nature ( unless you are lucky) that is sold for many Ms...

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jpshadow said:

So essentially we are saying there is no point in having a shiny? it is just an albino with horrible Ivs and nature ( unless you are lucky) that is sold for many Ms...

That's not what has been said or even implied at all - where did you get that from?

If you want to better understand Darkshades concerns regarding your suggestion to breed shinies with non-shinies for a higher shiny chance, you could compare it to the brief discussion we already had about that very matter:


Otherwise, if you want to see appreciation for shinies (instead of feeling there weren't any/there were "no point in having a shiny"), you could find some in
- PokeMMO Official Events
- [Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]
- Trade Corner

- different Showcases of Teams in the clubs section
Enjoy :)

Edited by Anthrazit

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, jpshadow said:

So essentially we are saying there is no point in having a shiny? it is just an albino with horrible Ivs and nature ( unless you are lucky) that is sold for many Ms...

No, the point is, you either collect them, which is the main idea, or you breed shiny PLUS shiny, in order to make a shiny comp. Is not something most can afford to do of the bat, but is something pretty fun to do imo, heck I even made a golem, it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, redspawn said:

No, the point is, you either collect them, which is the main idea, or you breed shiny PLUS shiny, in order to make a shiny comp. Is not something most can afford to do of the bat, but is something pretty fun to do imo, heck I even made a golem, it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

Thats not quite true. I've made a good ammount of profit from shiny breeding in the past, it just takes a certain buyer. Some people even just make male shiny breeders to make money.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, awkways said:

Thats not quite true. I've made a good ammount of profit from shiny breeding in the past, it just takes a certain buyer. Some people even just make male shiny breeders to make money.

I mean breeding a comp, as stated previously. Obviously, you can trick some less informed people into overpaying for a breeder. And yeah I know some of those people, they usually either break even, or 1/27 chance they usually profit, pretty legit money making method awk.

Edited by redspawn

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I mean breeding a comp, as stated previously. Obviously, you can trick some less informed people into overpaying for a breeder. And yeah I know some of those people, they usually either break even, or 1/27 chance they usually profit, pretty legit money making method awk.

Yeah i meant making a shiny comp too. Just saying its not impossible, as you stated here:

4 hours ago, redspawn said:

it's always a waste of cash, you'll never profit doing it.

Also its not about "tricking people". Its pretty simple really, the better stats a poke has the more valuable it becomes - shinies included. As long as you're not dumb and carefully plan a cost efficent route you don't have to lose money.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, awkways said:

Also its not about "tricking people". Its pretty simple really, the better stats a poke has the more valuable it becomes - shinies included. As long as you're not dumb and carefully plan a cost efficent route you don't have to lose money.

I'm curious tho, show me screenshots or anything, were you/someone, didn't low ball someone and got the shiny breeders for cheap, and sold a comp with profit. Only one I can say I made profit was on a gyarados, and was due to random nature. edit: sounds like I tried to attack you, sorry for that, just curious, cause I've bred 8 shinies so far, profit was null, and I even got some breeders for pretty low values in GTL.

Edited by redspawn

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.