Soft ladder reset

razimove

Question

Idk why http://prntscr.com/i54sx0 48% win rate, is even able to hold a position in top100.

Right now the elo system is easily abused by quantity, over quality of gameplay, meaning someone with 50-52% win rate, but 1k total combats will be able to achieve more than someone with 100 games, but 60% win rate.

My suggestion is, every month, place a ladder reset or even create seasons like in other games. At the end of the given seasons, you'd reward the players somehow who achieved X position in the ladder.
And this way you'd prevent ladder abuse, and keep it clean.

3 answers to this question

At this point, re-doing the matchmaking system to a greater extent is preferable to a simple soft ladder reset. More like the suggestion you wrote below (which doesn't match your title?).

I would enjoy seeing a system based on the frequently used in other games -bronze, silver, gold, platinum - ranks.

Those may soft reset every 3 months and reward additional prizes at the end of the season based on current ranking.

Instead of just showing the top 100 on scoreboard, extending that to with ranks enables people to see where they are compared to the rest better.

Another possibility it creates is accessability to rank exclusive tournaments.

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

which doesn't match your title?).

Was just to give an alternate to just reseting it, to offer something more, so that people would be eager to compete instead of being a clown fiesta, in which on the top100, maybe 50 of them right now are actually good, and most of those, are not even near the top10

2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

would enjoy seeing a system based on the frequently used in other games -bronze, silver, gold, platinum - ranks.

Problem for this is, unlike in league in which you have a huuuge player base, that will fill the gaps between each tier, here, you won't see that happening, you'll probably see something like 40-50% going into really low rank, 30-40% being plat or higher, the others being moving between tiers, and eventually, you'll have bronzes facing plats, etc( probably didn't explain me very well, will try to after I'm done with work.).

2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

rank exclusive tournaments.

This would be awesome but the same applies here, one or two ranks, will consist of a good portion of the population, while anothers will be empty due to lack of players.