Cubchoo's Winter Wonders Art Contest (February 5th - March 5th)

Gilan

ef3eEnP.png

IGN: Suu

A Brief Description of the Piece: I always thought Cincinno looks very warm and comfy with all the fluff ♥ Perfect for the winter days.

(( Sorry for the late submission ;v; ))

IGN: Akshit

A Brief Description of the Piece:

All Pokémons are told to put up a spell tag before going to hibernate.

Sometimes temperature go upto -60 degrees Fahrenheit, & snow takes over,

When deep winter comes, blizzard isn't the only thing that comes along with it. 

DMCFYtT.jpg

Edited by Akshit
corrected a spelling mistake
  • 3 weeks later...

Cubchoo's Winter Wonders Art Contest

The Results

66f19f226c7df80acbb4027e3a839094.png1st Place - LavaFlow

Spoiler

o0A7Uk0.jpg

The judges really appreciated the style of this piece. While appearing rather simple at first, this work is very pleasing to look at and overall well done. The loudred looks so proud of his not-so-well-done snowman; it's very cute. This is exactly the kind of thing that Cubchoo would love to see to cure his boredom (and give him a little laugh). Very well done, @LavaFlow This piece is well deserving of 1st place in this competition.

0a324a3db8f5fc84d6e3bf88306a9800.png2nd Place - Yuckii

Spoiler

KIXJpWS.jpg

Coming in at an extremely close Second, is @Haiik's piece of art. The judges particularly liked the art style employed in this piece and found it extremely interesting. Piplup and his cute ">.<" face, the majestic Articuno, and the Cubchoo sliding down the icy tail all make for an exciting scene. Something that perplexed the judges was the figure in the bottom left of the piece. We could not figure out what that was. But, nonetheless, this piece has earned itself the #2 ranking for this contest; well done!

1cb4cbc2ddb084854c3ecba965c5417d.png3rd Place - ChaserKen

Spoiler

Hu9S8Vr.jpg

The judges liked the concept of @PKMNtrainer's piece; even coining the phrase "berging" (cause Avalugg is the iceberg pokemon). We appreciated the care that was put into keeping the figures representative of their original look from the games. Some points of criticism for this piece was the shadow under the Abomasnow, the pink bubbles, and the background; however, overall the judges felt that this piece was deserving of the #3 position in this contest. Well done!

Honorable Mention - GergFalerg

Spoiler

9NqQiA0.jpg

I had to give an honorable mention for @GergFalerg's piece. The part about this piece I love is the full development of a winter landscape. The coniferous trees in the background, and a few barren trees along with the snow and mountains all come together to produce a very fitting scene for the theme of the contest. I liked the ring of trees on the leftmost mountain, as it reminded me of a wreath, and thus Christmas, thus fully locking in the winter feeling. Add in a Teddiursa reaching for some food and a sleeping Snorlax, and you got yourself a great piece, and one of my personal favorites in this contest.

Thank you to everyone who participated!

I will be in contact with the winners soon to discuss prizes.

Also a big thank you to all the judges who gave their input for this contest!