Scaled BP gain for Legendary Duels

Michaelclump

Question

Had been thinking that with the king of the hill style of the Mewtwo event, it would be cool to receive BP as winnings for holding him did I just assume mewtwo's gender.To hinder possibility of abuse, it could weigh overall party level, perhaps overall IV/EV totals, and scale the gains accordingly so you can't just kill your friends for free points (maybe other determinants to weigh the party as well). Possibly no gains until 5 wins to make it harder to access. Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

This would actually make sense, and would make more people interested in this event/mini game. Although like you said, it could be abused by teams etc, plenty of ways one could abuse it, but yeah would be awesome to see something extra to that event that currently other than a pokedex entry, offers nothing.

Edited by redspawn

Just my personal opinion and not any kind of official response.

Even if you had a threshold to cross before gains were seen players could still abuse this by purposely losing to their friends to get them to that threshold. This could be limited by requiring players to have teams at level 100 before they can challenge the person controlling Mewtwo/Rayquza. Though I do think that if something were to happen to generate significant hype around those two encounters the issue of players abusing the system would decrease due to the amount of players chasing after them. Shortly after Mewtwo was added players were barely able to get out of Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo in their party due to the sheer number of challengers. I think the best way to really limit abuse would be to have a cap on wins where after something like 20 wins, just an example number, Mewtwo/Rayquza returned to the wild.

8 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Just my personal opinion and not any kind of official response.

Even if you had a threshold to cross before gains were seen players could still abuse this by purposely losing to their friends to get them to that threshold. This could be limited by requiring players to have teams at level 100 before they can challenge the person controlling Mewtwo/Rayquza. Though I do think that if something were to happen to generate significant hype around those two encounters the issue of players abusing the system would decrease due to the amount of players chasing after them. Shortly after Mewtwo was added players were barely able to get out of Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo in their party due to the sheer number of challengers. I think the best way to really limit abuse would be to have a cap on wins where after something like 20 wins, just an example number, Mewtwo/Rayquza returned to the wild.

Yeah, the idea definitely needs development to prevent exploitation. I think that if levels weren't matched, or if total levels exceeded the player you fought by 3-5, there shouldn't be any gains. Preventing team abuse would be a whole separate issue, I'm not sure how to weigh the effort someone puts into a fight, especially since switches/moves could be coordinated through discord or the like. What if the gains were small if your whole party survived, and scaled up as your team was defeated? Just throwing numbers, but maybe 200BP-2500BP overall range, just so it's a bonus and not some crazy incentive. A cap would definitely help. That coupled with the inherent race to duel the owner would be a start towards preventing abuse.

Edited by Michaelclump
mis-edited